GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your work and efforts to help find Abby. What a blessing for Abby and her family!

If people want to help, educate them on what the sexual exploitation of a teen looks like. http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...arch_2011/human_sex_trafficking#disablemobile

Make sure her pic is posted at truck stops and give to motels so employees can be on the lookout.

Ask for donations to up the reward money.

Tell people to check dating ads, Craigslist and Backpage for her pics or descriptions. Turn all info over to FBI and her mom in case her mom wants to have a PI follow up at some point.

All suggestions and MOO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for this link! i think it will be very helpful.
just wondering if you or someone else here can post it on the HFAH FB page? if i do it, people will think i'm saying she's involved in the trafficking trade. i'm not saying that, but definitely not ruling it out. officials said there's a one in 8 chance she's in it. seems like it would be higher to me, but i'm jaded...

:)

IMO, LE seems t be concerned that she had no known money or access to food, etc...not that she is in the hands of sex traffickers. But JMO.

One thing that sort of sticks out to me about Abby's case is that she had a boyfriend. One whom it seems she was very close with and spent most of her time with (homecoming, Fryeburg Fair, video games all summer, riding along for his dad's work.. I remember all of these things being mentioned). I don't know the nature of Abby's relationship with her boyfriend-- perhaps they were just really great friends, with a side of romance.

I don't know why but it would surprise me for a 15-year-old girl to leave willingly (if she did) and leave behind her boyfriend. I guess that is because so much of the time girls Abby's age blow a young relationship out-of-porportion and think their first boyfriend is "the love of their life!" and don't want to spend a moment apart.

Abby does seem pretty down-to-earth. She may not have had the "Romeo and Juliet" mentality that many young teens in relationships have. Or maybe she never planned to be gone so long.

ETA: NOT sleuthing the bf. Just trying to gain perspective about the possibility of her leaving willingly.

One thing that sort of sticks out to me about Abby's case is that she had a boyfriend. One whom it seems she was very close with and spent most of her time with (homecoming, Fryeburg Fair, video games all summer, riding along for his dad's work.. I remember all of these things being mentioned). I don't know the nature of Abby's relationship with her boyfriend-- perhaps they were just really great friends, with a side of romance.

I don't know why but it would surprise me for a 15-year-old girl to leave willingly (if she did) and leave behind her boyfriend. I guess that is because so much of the time girls Abby's age blow a young relationship out-of-porportion and think their first boyfriend is "the love of their life!" and don't want to spend a moment apart.

Abby does seem pretty down-to-earth. She may not have had the "Romeo and Juliet" mentality that many young teens in relationships have. Or maybe she never planned to be gone so long.

ETA: NOT sleuthing the bf. Just trying to gain perspective about the possibility of her leaving willingly.

I didn't get an impression that she was smitten with her high school boyfriend. She may have been keeping secrets from him and become enamored by the "older boy" she met online.

The big question is: who is he? What were his intentions?

The FBI said, "...we fear a foe" along with citing their sexual exploitation stats (which seemed low to me.) I believe them.

She may have left willingly, especially if another young lady (possibly a "bottom") was along for the ride and promising big things and fun times. If she's drug dependent or prone to addiction, keeping her drugged and isolated would give someone enough time to groom/brainwash her.

If the above scenario is the case, she may have moments of lucidity when she wants to return home but may be continuously manipulated, coerced, or threatened to stay put. If she has a childhood history of abuse, she'd be more susceptible to Stockholm Syndrome and "learned helplessness".

MOO.

IMO, LE seems t be concerned that she had no known money or access to food, etc...not that she is in the hands of sex traffickers. But JMO.

With all due respect, if she's not supporting herself, who is? And what are the intentions of her benefactor? How is she earning her keep? Nothing in life is free...unfortunately.

Where did we learn that JCjr is AH's bf? And where did we hear that they all went to Fryeburg Fair? And where did we hear that AH and JCjr rode along with JC? And where did we hear AH spent all summer playing video games with JCjr? The same place we heard the last text sent was a heart to JCjr, and unless I hear that verified by her mother or by LE, it's all just rumor.

I've been continuing to go back over things from the beginning and I have to say I've been guilty of simply taking too much at face value. I believe that unless something is verified by LE or ZH we have take anything that anyone else gives in an interview as rumor. We can listen to but not necessarily take it as an absolute fact.

I have a really hard time believing he was her boyfriend. Rumor also said they were just good friends.

I was floored to learn that Abigail wrote her mother a letter 2 weeks after she went missing. Not sure what was in the letter, but it would seem Abigail would be able to do this if she were taken against her will. JMO

I have a really hard time believing he was her boyfriend. Rumor also said they were just good friends.

At the age of 14, I highly doubt this was the love affair of the century, whether they were "boyfriend and girlfriend" or "just friends." They are kids.

If Abby ran away voluntarily, and is not being held against her will, I think she will come home right before Christmas. The type of girl who would do something like this...well, she's not going to miss opening presents. And if she is nervous about people's reactions, it's probably a good time to return. People will be preoccupied with their families, the holiday season, and will generally be a good mood, plus the kids will be out of school for about a week.

i'm an admin on the Help Find Abigail Hernandez FB page.
emotions have been running super high since the press conference.
with so little information, so many people are feeling utterly helpless.
they really want to do something. *anything* to help.

where are you abby?!

Abby will be found when Abby wants to be found. My guess is she is staying with some relative that is sensitive to Abby's situation..whatever that might be.

JY and the FBI have made a much bigger mystery of this than they should have done and in my humble opinion are now covering their arse's now they they have spent boohoo dollars looking for a girl that got mad at her mother and ran away.

I mean really she is sending mom letters and our FBI and LE can't find Abby?

Really??? Then certainly my faith in our LE has taken a huge hit!

I wasn't able to listen to the PC on Friday. Does anyone know or could point me in the direction of an official press release of it. I have read a number of media versions that focus on different aspects or maybe contradict the significance etc. I would much rather read statements directly from LE and in the order given. TIA if this is available.

If Abby ran away voluntarily, and is not being held against her will, I think she will come home right before Christmas. The type of girl who would do something like this...well, she's not going to miss opening presents. And if she is nervous about people's reactions, it's probably a good time to return. People will be preoccupied with their families, the holiday season, and will generally be a good mood, plus the kids will be out of school for about a week.

She is probably scared to death. If this was to be a simple stick it to Mother and it turned into this circus then of course she is scared and I am sure the adult helping her is scared to death too.

I was certainly disappointed LE never pleaded with Abby to come home and say all will be forgiven. I think she needs to hear those words from LE and from her mother. Mom said nothing and sister looked annoyed by the whole thing.

JY could throw in a few 'come home abby' remarks too.

She is one daunting woman...I bet Abby is shaking in her big girl boots!

The letter makes me doubt any trafficking. Those in charge of the ring would never allow her to send a letter.

Too tired to go and find it, but the night before the presser, didn't LE make a comment about info they have now that they should have had sooner? Was that solely in reference to the delay in picking up the mail from the POBox? Or is it in reference to something else? ZH gave them the letter the day she received it.

At the age of 14, I highly doubt this was the love affair of the century, whether they were "boyfriend and girlfriend" or "just friends." They are kids.

I don't think it is either, but having once been a 14 year old girl I was 150% sure I was going to marry my bf at the time.. Same with my girl friends. Every new relationship was the love of their life. I think that's what OP meant.

She may have left willingly, especially if another young lady (possibly a "bottom") was along for the ride and promising big things and fun times. If she's drug dependent or prone to addiction, keeping her drugged and isolated would give someone enough time to groom/brainwash her.

If the above scenario is the case, she may have moments of lucidity when she wants to return home but may be continuously manipulated, coerced, or threatened to stay put. If she has a childhood history of abuse, she'd be more susceptible to Stockholm Syndrome and "learned helplessness".

MOO.

This is exactly what I was thinking. You stated it so eloquently that I won't try to rehash it. Yes, this is my theory as well. Now - how to get her BACK from this sooner than later?

Trafficking...If I ran a ring, I would look for girls with little human attachment. Girls that no one would go looking for. Girls that are already on the streets or have no family support system. AH was actively going to school, with a boyfriend, friends, a sister, a family who is going to search for her. Why would a sex ring take that risk? I can see a solo perv taking her, making her film movies to sell, pay per view online, etc. But not a big sex ring that will bust open when they find her. Too risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3