NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female, 23-33, & 3 Children, under 11, Nov'85 & May'00 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Or she could've been home-schooled. What was the situation for homeschooling in the late 70s/early 80s in the US?
My dad was growing up in this time frame and moved around a lot, oftentimes overseas. He said with homeschooling - and even private/parochial schools, there was little to no regulation even in the highly-educated areas he grew up in in the US. Homeschool laws vary from state to state, but even now there are multiple states that do not require notification to the school district. I'd imagine without the Internet and lack of regulations, these kids could very very easily be lost in the shuffle if they indeed used to have school records at some point. I would hypothesize that NH may not have been a state where you would have to notify the district you were homeschooling at that time, and since there was no notification, the girls' previous school(s) would have just put their records on a pile that "couldn't be forwarded" like a previous poster suggested.

The documentary on Netflix is very informative The Chameleon killer Terry Rasmussen was found guilty of killing the children and the woman found in the barrels. He has gone by several different names and it wouldn't be surprising if he had more names and identities and victims out there. The woman and her 2 children were identified, but there was one child that was the killers daughter (Terry's) and she has yet to be identified and her mother has not come forward or been found ( I am guessing she was also murdered by Terry, but was placed some where else)
terry-peder-rasmussen-bob-evans-1509632916.jpg

He was also found guilty of murdering another woman in California that he was living with. He seemed to have traveled frequently. Due to geneological advances they found that his daughter the one that was murdered by him, her maternal side has family in Mississippi and that he came around in the early 1970's with a young girl and a woman named Elizabeth? that might be the name of the woman he had his child with. She was Asian/ Mexican/ Native American decent.
he was never found guilty of killing the barrel victims. they didnt connect the barrel victims to him until after he died in prison.

I think I'm gonna have a heart attack - I found a possible connection to Terry Rasmussen in MC's tree. A member of the Mitchell family moved to New Mexico; what are the chances?

Considering he was confirmed to be living in Texas around the time his daughter would’ve been conceived and visited his ex wife and family several times in Arizona during this time period, he had to have at the very least driven through New Mexico. I’d call it in. BRV should be able to see fairly quickly if this lines up with the part of the family she’s looking at. Nice find!

Considering he was confirmed to be living in Texas around the time his daughter would’ve been conceived and visited his ex wife and family several times in Arizona during this time period, he had to have at the very least driven through New Mexico. I’d call it in. BRV should be able to see fairly quickly if this lines up with the part of the family she’s looking at. Nice find!
Yes I agree, call this in ASAP.

Could Janis Rose Bullock be a possibility for the MC’s mother?

Janis Rose Bullock – The Charley Project

She lost custody of her children in 1974. She hasn’t seen her family since, but apparently wrote them a letter in 1976. She allegedly worked as a waitress at a truck stop until 1978, but this doesn’t seem to be definite. The owner if the truck stop murdered his wife then killed himself in 1981.

However, the timings in which she disappeared/lost contact with her family leave the possibility that she could be MCs mother.

The thing that interests me most is that she’s from Pearl River County in Mississippi, the county where MC’s maternal ancestors are from.

Could Janis Rose Bullock be a possibility for the MC’s mother?

Janis Rose Bullock – The Charley Project

She lost custody of her children in 1974. She hasn’t seen her family since, but apparently wrote them a letter in 1976. She allegedly worked as a waitress at a truck stop until 1978, but this doesn’t seem to be definite. The owner if the truck stop murdered his wife then killed himself in 1981.

However, the timings in which she disappeared/lost contact with her family leave the possibility that she could be MCs mother.

The thing that interests me most is that she’s from Pearl River County in Mississippi, the county where MC’s maternal ancestors are from.

If you search her name in the forum, she has been mentioned before in this case. I'm not remembering though if there was anything to rule her out. If her children have provided DNA in order to possibly identify her, that would be a great way to determine if she could be the MC's mother.

If you search her name in the forum, she has been mentioned before in this case. I'm not remembering though if there was anything to rule her out. If her children have provided DNA in order to possibly identify her, that would be a great way to determine if she could be the MC's mother.
I'm going to do some digging on this one to see if the lines mentioned in the news piece are in fact in JRB's family tree.

I'm going to do some digging on this one to see if the lines mentioned in the news piece are in fact in JRB's family tree.
It only took 15-20 mins to confirm that JRB is NOT MC's mother as neither the Mitchell nor Livings line is present in her direct pedigree. She's from MS, but family originated in another area as well as Arkansas.

It only took 15-20 mins to confirm that JRB is NOT MC's mother as neither the Mitchell nor Livings line is present in her direct pedigree. She's from MS, but family originated in another area as well as Arkansas.

What about her father's line? Her father was born in AR, but his father was born in Mississippi, unless I have the wrong family. (Henry "Leo" Swayze b. 1915ish)? I know I'm new at this, but looking at the 1920 census for JB's father, when he was 4, it lists a 17 year old woman as his father's wife. Though not impossible, she's a little young to be his mother, and definitely too young to be the mother of the other children in the household, as she'd have been a child herself when they were born.

Were you able to confirm he had first wife and who she was? I hadn't found her yet.

OT: Given the JB's father's famous surname, I found out through my research Patrick's gr gr grandfather was born in Mississippi, though it doesn't appear he was related to this family.

Last edited:
For anyone else working on the tree, here are the two children who have been eliminated as possible ancestors:

- Peter Richardson Mitchell
- Roena Victoria Mitchell

There are four possible lines I’d ask you guys to look at:

- George Perry Mitchell
- Sarah Ellen Mitchell
- Amanda Emmeline Mitchell
- Thomas Zechariah Mitchell

In reference to my previous post, I have eliminated Thomas Zechariah. As of now, the most promising child seems to be Amanda.

In reference to my previous post, I have eliminated Thomas Zechariah. As of now, the most promising child seems to be Amanda.
She has a granddaughter that was born 1939 that there is no date of death listed, just deceased. Not finding much in a Google search either. She would have been in her later 30’s when MC was born.

She has a granddaughter that was born 1939 that there is no date of death listed, just deceased. Not finding much in a Google search either. She would have been in her later 30’s when MC was born.
If it was 1939, that makes sense. However, I think that MC's mother was most likely born in the late 1940s to mid 1950s, but anything is possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back