NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female, 23-33, & 3 Children, under 11, Nov'85 & May'00 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This woman's photo and protruding teeth caught my attention. Didn't TR spend some time in Canada at some point? Or say his wife was from there or something?

Unlikely. She was involved with this biker gang. I dont think TPR ever biked. Also, no mention of having a second child.

I work on the tree sometimes (my own) -it is insane and I hope they can figure it out eventually-especially the intermarriage.

Regarding the photo of the birthday party, I wonder if they have ever looked at the incident with Rasmussen's brother. He killed himself in Dec of 78. Marie's birthday is Dec 6th. Danny Rasmussen had four children. I am wondering if Terry Rasmussen travelled to Hawaii for the funeral of his brother and if anyone went with him, such as Marlyse and her children or if they potentially left the children with relatives in Arizona. I would think that a birthday party, around a sad funeral, might be a great distraction for young kids...

I work on the tree sometimes (my own) -it is insane and I hope they can figure it out eventually-especially the intermarriage.

Regarding the photo of the birthday party, I wonder if they have ever looked at the incident with Rasmussen's brother. He killed himself in Dec of 78. Marie's birthday is Dec 6th. Danny Rasmussen had four children. I am wondering if Terry Rasmussen travelled to Hawaii for the funeral of his brother and if anyone went with him, such as Marlyse and her children or if they potentially left the children with relatives in Arizona. I would think that a birthday party, around a sad funeral, might be a great distraction for young kids...
Interesting, Danny tried to kill his wife as well. I can't remember if this has been discussed on this forum?

I think someone posted the news article about his brother's demise either here on TPR's thread. Or both.

Interesting, Danny tried to kill his wife as well. I can't remember if this has been discussed on this forum?
He definitely tried to kill his wife, who is named as Kathy in the articles I've read, and shot himself after. He however had another wife/girlfriend (I'm unsure of what the relationship is) that he had a young son with-you can see pics of them if you google Danny Rasmussen. That time though when his brother dies Terry is still technically "Terry" and if he is using aliases, he isn't using them around his core family yet. I think based on the timeline he already must know Marlyse when his brother died-it just would seem like Terry would still have to go to the funeral in Hawaii, but where were Marlyse and the kids. i'm from NH and I can tell you that there is very little diversity in the state now, and would have been very little in 1978 so I'm almost positive that photo cannot be from NH. It does make me wonder if its an apartment in Hawaii or Arizona though...

He definitely tried to kill his wife, who is named as Kathy in the articles I've read, and shot himself after. He however had another wife/girlfriend (I'm unsure of what the relationship is) that he had a young son with-you can see pics of them if you google Danny Rasmussen. That time though when his brother dies Terry is still technically "Terry" and if he is using aliases, he isn't using them around his core family yet. I think based on the timeline he already must know Marlyse when his brother died-it just would seem like Terry would still have to go to the funeral in Hawaii, but where were Marlyse and the kids. i'm from NH and I can tell you that there is very little diversity in the state now, and would have been very little in 1978 so I'm almost positive that photo cannot be from NH. It does make me wonder if its an apartment in Hawaii or Arizona though...
Can you please link the photos with the young son or post a screen shot?

Based on the timeline, Marlyse had only known Terry for a short time by December 1978. It's possible Marlyse and the kids did not travel with Terry to his brother's funeral. Thanksgiving of that year was the first time Marlyse introduced Terry to her family. If she hadn't met his family yet, his brother's funeral was probably not the place to do it.

IMO those photos are not very diverse at all, the only kid who looks non-white to me is the kid who might be our last Doe. It's worth noting Marlyse and Terry likely had not yet moved to NH when those photos were taken (if taken in '78), so they could have been taken in CA, too.

1978 November MARLYSE was last seen by her family on Thanksgiving at her mother’s house in La Puente, CA. MARLYSE introduced the family to Terry RASMUSSEN. This is the 1 st and only time MARLYSE’s family had contact with RASMUSSEN. MARLYSE’s family believes she left with RASMUSSEN and her two daughters. RASMUSSEN did not bring any children with him to La Puente, CA.
1978 or 1979 December A photo suggests Marie VAUGHN may have celebrated her 7th or 8th birthday with relatives in an unknown location.

I'm trying to figure out if there are any clues in the photo's background. I'm seeing a ship on top of the tv, so more likely coastal. There's a gold horse in the middle, a diamond shaped poster of something resembling a snow tube, and a sign with lettering that looks like it says [something] Hotel. There's a red square on the wall that may have a pattern on it. Next to the hotel-looking sign is an image that reminds me of an old movie poster. Has anyone figured any of this out for sure?

I'm trying to figure out if there are any clues in the photo's background. I'm seeing a ship on top of the tv, so more likely coastal. There's a gold horse in the middle, a diamond shaped poster of something resembling a snow tube, and a sign with lettering that looks like it says [something] Hotel. There's a red square on the wall that may have a pattern on it. Next to the hotel-looking sign is an image that reminds me of an old movie poster. Has anyone figured any of this out for sure?
I’ve been doing the same, mostly trying to figure out exactly which B-day it was for Marie in those pictures. While trying to count the number of candles on the cake, I noticed there was a boy wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt with what appears to be Mickey playing baseball. I was wondering what year the shirt was made, hoping that information might help date the pictures (a long shot, I know…). In doing some research, I found almost the same shirt in another color for sale online and the seller described it as an “80’s” shirt but I’m guessing they don’t really know the exact year made. I’m still researching this though even though it’s probably a rabbit hole.

Can you please link the photos with the young son or post a screen shot?

Based on the timeline, Marlyse had only known Terry for a short time by December 1978. It's possible Marlyse and the kids did not travel with Terry to his brother's funeral. Thanksgiving of that year was the first time Marlyse introduced Terry to her family. If she hadn't met his family yet, his brother's funeral was probably not the place to do it.

IMO those photos are not very diverse at all, the only kid who looks non-white to me is the kid who might be our last Doe. It's worth noting Marlyse and Terry likely had not yet moved to NH when those photos were taken (if taken in '78), so they could have been taken in CA, too.

1978 November MARLYSE was last seen by her family on Thanksgiving at her mother’s house in La Puente, CA. MARLYSE introduced the family to Terry RASMUSSEN. This is the 1 st and only time MARLYSE’s family had contact with RASMUSSEN. MARLYSE’s family believes she left with RASMUSSEN and her two daughters. RASMUSSEN did not bring any children with him to La Puente, CA.
1978 or 1979 December A photo suggests Marie VAUGHN may have celebrated her 7th or 8th birthday with relatives in an unknown location.
I would be surprised if the girl standing right next to Marie isn’t our doe. Not only does she look like the sketch, she also appears to have Rasmussen’s nose. The pics are not the best quality so it’s hard to tell for sure.
There is one other girl who doesn’t appear to be Caucasian. She looks to be of Asian decent. She is older and standing further right of Marie when looking at the picture.
JMO only

Last edited:
These photos have been discussed in these threads before, if you want to go back and look.
I believe around the time they were first released.
They were credited to Sarah's half-brother, who would have got them from his father (imo).
Since they weren't heard from after Thanksgiving 1978 and Marie's birthday is in December, the photos would have been taken in California, maybe in 1977 and before TR was in the picture.
imo. (Someone correct me if I remember incorrectly.)

These photos have been discussed in these threads before, if you want to go back and look.
I believe around the time they were first released.
They were credited to Sarah's half-brother, who would have got them from his father (imo).
Since they weren't heard from after Thanksgiving 1978 and Marie's birthday is in December, the photos would have been taken in California, maybe in 1977 and before TR was in the picture.
imo. (Someone correct me if I remember incorrectly.)
Yes I remember reading about them in this thread but I may have missed an update. Last I heard this was the status:
This is an older article though so maybe something has changed.

Simple maths. If Marlyse's family, including Sarah's dad, never heard from them after Thanksgiving 1978, and the pictures are in the possession of Sarah's half-brother, then the pictures can not have been taken after Thanksgiving 1978. Unless Marlyse sent them to the dad, but then he would have known they were in NH. Unlikely. imo. I could be completely wrong but that's how I remember the discussions here and in the FB groups (with some of Marlyse's family members) went.
Like I said I could remember it incorrectly.

Last edited:
Simple maths. If Marlyse's family, including Sarah's dad, never heard from them after Thanksgiving 1978, and the pictures are in the possession of Sarah's half-brother, then the pictures can not have been taken after Thanksgiving 1978. Unless Marlyse sent them to the dad, but then he would have known they were in NH. Unlikely. imo. I could be completely wrong but that's how I remember the discussions here and in the FB groups (with some of Marlyse's family members) went.
Like I said I could remember it incorrectly.
From the official timeline posted by the NH DOJ:

From the official timeline posted by the NH DOJ:

I'm fully aware of everything that has been released by NH DOJ and published by media.
It's been linked to and discussed in these threads and elsewhere before.
And I'm sure LE knows the circumstances of those photos by now.

Revisiting this timeline: Terry Rasmuseen timeline: Suspected serial killer's time in NH, across country

From what is known, it is possible that Rasmussen and the Unknown mother were living in Texas when the UID child was born. (Possibly in 1976). Also, it looks like he was pretty much using his real name up to 1978 or 1979 when he appears in New Hampshire as Bob Evans. It could be that he changed his name because of what/whatever happened to/with Unknown Mother or to hide from her because he took the child. Just a thought.

As others have speculated, I think Honeychurch was the woman using the name Elizabeth Evans and her and the girls were murdered between May and Oct 1980. From that point on, Rasmussen regularly took on new identities.

June - Rasmussen is arrested in Phoenix for aggravated assault. It is believed that his wife and children left him shortly after the arrest.

1975 or 1976
December - Rasmussen visits his family unexpectedly in Payson, Arizona. He was with an unidentified woman, who police are still hoping to track down. He told his family he was living at the Casa Del Rey Apartments in Ingleside, Texas. His family never saw him again.

January - Honeychurch and her daughter (Marie) are believed to be living in Santa Ana, California.

Dec. 13 - Honeychurch's second daughter, Sarah Lynn McWaters, is born.

At some point during the year, Rasmussen contacted a friend in Arizona, asking for money. He said he was working in Texas on an oil rig.

June - Rasmussen works for the "Brown & Root" Company in Houston, Texas. Records there indicate Rasmussen quit the job to work elsewhere.

Sept. 28 - Rasmussen's divorce is finalized, but his whereabouts are unknown.
November:
-- Honeychurch was last seen by her family on Thanksgiving at her mother's house in La Puente, California.
-- Honeychurch introduces her family to Rasmussen, who reportedly goes by his original name. This the only time Rasmussen has contact with Honeychurch's relatives.
-- Honeychurch's family believes she left with Rasmussen and her two daughters.
-- Rasmussen did not bring any children with him during his visit to La Puente, California.
-- Honeychurch had an argument with her mother and her family never saw her again.

1978-1979 (approximately)
Rasmussen works as "Bob Evans" at Waumbec Mills as head electrician. (New Hampshire)

January - "Elizabeth Evans" -- who has never been located or identified -- signs a certified letter in Manchester, New Hampshire. Rasmussen is associated with the same address.

February - Rasmussen is arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as "Robert T. Evans" for issuing a bad check on Dec. 21, 1979 (insufficient funds). "Elizabeth Evans" is listed as his wife on the arrest report.
May - Rasmussen is arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as "Robert T. Evans" for theft of services (electricity). Rasmussen's spouse is listed as "Elizabeth Evans."

October - Rasmussen is arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as "Robert T. Evans" for diverting electric current. Rasmussen's spouse is not listed on this arrest report.
IF (as suggested in the above post) “it is possible Rasmussen and the Unknown mother were living in Texas when the UID was born”, and IF he “was pretty much using his real name up until 1978 or 1979 when he appears in New Hampshire as Bob Evans”, it seems that checking 1976 - 1977 birth records at hospitals near where he lived might turn up a birth record where he is listed as the father. Perhaps this has already been done (I am familiar with this case but am new to this thread - and apologize in advance if I am opening up an old rabbit hole).

I wonder if, when Rasmussen told his family he was living at the Casa Del Rey Apartments in Ingleside, TX, he could have been generalizing. When I look online for Casa Del Rey Apartments, the search results all come back showing a location in Kingsville, TX. Perhaps Rasmussen was living in Kingsville, TX - but working for Brown & Root in, or out of, Ingleside, TX. The two places are approx 45 miles apart.

The closest hospital I can find in Kingsville, TX (that was in existence at the time) was the Spohn-Kleburg Memorial Hospital. Apparently the hospital’s maternity services were moved to a new “south side” location in 1994, but maybe records from before the move are still available.

All jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back