NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone linked both Marie's and Sarah's fathers' memorials on findagrave. There's even a photo of Sarah's father with her, Marie, and Marlyse added. Heartbreaking.

That picture of precious Sarah. It’s eerie to see her shirt...it reminds me of the infamous photo of TPR wearing the Mickey Mouse shirt. :(

Another LE agency involved now. I'm sure there will be a long list of these before all of his victims have been revealed.
If you are aware of a missing child or a missing child and mother from this time frame, please contact Major Marc Ogden of the Pearl River County Sheriff’s Office at 601-403-2542

From the article posted by Stephen2016:
"The two ways the public can help is by sharing across social media expanding the reach of the information, and as comfortable, uploading their DNA into GEDmatch or Family Tree DNA to increase the chances of identifying this little girl. Even if people don’t think they are related, anyone originally from the Mississippi region, who allows for the DNA to be examined, could potentially assist with genealogy efforts."

Another snip from @Stephen2016 's link:

Examination of the genetic composition of the child and genealogy research, suggest the mother of the child has relatives in Pearl River County, Mississippi. Plausibly, the child and her mother could be descendants from Thomas ‘Deadhorse’ Mitchell born in 1836 or William Livings born in 1826. The unidentified child would be the 5X or 6X great grandchild of one of these men.

Another snip from @Stephen2016 's link:

Examination of the genetic composition of the child and genealogy research, suggest the mother of the child has relatives in Pearl River County, Mississippi. Plausibly, the child and her mother could be descendants from Thomas ‘Deadhorse’ Mitchell born in 1836 or William Livings born in 1826. The unidentified child would be the 5X or 6X great grandchild of one of these men.

Are these in your family tree?
---Thomas ‘Deadhorse’ Mitchell born in 1836
---William Livings born in 1826

Someone on the FB page where this was posted had found a descendant buried in a town near Ingleside.

Are these in your family tree?
---Thomas ‘Deadhorse’ Mitchell born in 1836
---William Livings born in 1826

Someone on the FB page where this was posted had found a descendant buried in a town near Ingleside.
If you google "Thomas ‘Deadhorse’ Mitchell" there's a bit on "find a grave" with links to children etc. I'm not sure I can post it on here though.

Just having a look and found one descendant who passed away in 2012. But I imagine Barbara Rae Venter is all over this.

If you google "Thomas ‘Deadhorse’ Mitchell" there's a bit on "find a grave" with links to children etc. I'm not sure I can post it on here though.

Just having a look and found one descendant who passed away in 2012. But I imagine Barbara Rae Venter is all over this.
Indeed. I found two descendants, near where TPR would have been at the time.

Hi everyone. Used ancestory and found the link between the two guys mentioned. The older guy has a lot of kids that have a lot of kids.

Attachments

• 20210121_203208.jpg
    20210121_203208.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210121_203132.jpg
    20210121_203132.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 95
No idea if this lady has been mentioned here, but i searched missing females from pearl river county and got 1 hit
Janis Rose Bullock – The Charley Project

Nobody really seems to know much about her after 1974, and she vanished completely in 1977 or 1978.

Wow. She seems like a promising lead. I'd submit it. I wonder if her daughter or anyone has submitted DNA.

Not sure If should post this or not but saw this where someone said this :
1 comment:
  1. blogger_logo_round_35.png

JohnOctober 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM
    I am proud to be a 3rd great grandson of TJ Mitchell
South Mississippians in the Civil War: Thomas Jackson Mitchell

Not sure If should post this or not but saw this where someone said this :
1 comment:
  1. blogger_logo_round_35.png

JohnOctober 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM
    I am proud to be a 3rd great grandson of TJ Mitchell
South Mississippians in the Civil War: Thomas Jackson Mitchell

I came across that post, too.
I also found a post on a genealogy site, dated 2000, where the poster stated he was the great grandson of TJ Mitchell, grandson of his oldest son, Peter.
I bet if he's still around, he would probably be a great resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli