Kristina Perkins 1953 Arizona
Wanda Priddy 1958 Texas
Laureen Rahn 1966 New Hampshire
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Diane Schulte 1954 Idaho
Kathleen Shea 1959 Pennsylvania
Kimberly Stewart 1956 California
Mary Stuart 1945 California

remember that Suzanne Sevakis was kidnapped from her mother by her step father and cops wouldn't do crap.

I hardly ever post anymore but this case really bugs me. I was a child of the 80's so just some thoughts. Times have changed for sure since the early 80's but the one child who is not related to the oldest jane doe was likely the killers child. We always hear about non custodial abductions, but back then? Not at all. In fact police really did not like getting involved, and even today they wont unless a court order tells them to.
Now my thoughts are maybe the child was with dad for the summer and was never returned. It could explain why she was never reported missing or had a lot of attention to the case. Add if mom was young, maybe partied etc (not bad mouthing the mom we dont know who she is), and calls and says dad never brought back my daughter. Remember how differently people saw single moms. Remember Murphy brown and her becoming a single mom in the TV show, it was a big deal to talk about. If mom was young, single she might not have gotten much sympathy if any at all. If dad seemed remarried, new 'in tact' family the cops could have just told her to go to court because it was a civil matter. For a long time people thought you cant kidnap your own child. Were talking early 80s after all. Maybe someone needs to make sure areas in CA are also looked into since that yellow area does cover there as well, and not just focus on the dakotas etc. Mom also could have just been a migrant worker, not legal too.

Given the yellow line covers CA I lived there. The Coachella Valley had many migrant workers. Kids came and went. I went to school with migrant farm workers kids. We knew when theyd come back. Id be interested to know agricultural schedules. For instance in the summer and fall there grapes and orchards were picked, then they moved on to other states to follow the patterns of need. Many were not legal, again could explain a child not being reported missing. I think finding out who she is will be the key. There is a mom some where missing a child, who didnt get help or support when the child went missing. Times have changed and she could come forward now.

I think LE would agree with you about the double piercing. I think that's why they mention the double piercing instead of simply stating that she had pierced ears. If you combine the odd teeth and the double piercing, this is a classmate (or neighbour, friend, community participant) who would really stand out.
Thankfully they haven't given up on this case and hopefully someone will remember something about one of the four victims.
I keep thinking that someone out there was looking for them or noticed they were no longer around, but for whatever reason hadn't reported them missing or encountered some road blocks in their search for one of them.

Law Enforcement definitely hasn't overlooked the fact that the double pierced ears were unusual for a girl that age at that time. NH may be a rural state but the investigators are pretty astute. Being Yankees, though, they just don't comment a whole lot publicly.

I know we all dont have the same experiences, but that has and was MY own experience and this was much later than the 80s. My ex took off with my son and if not for my family helping me pay the costs to get the courts involved I may have never gotten him back. It turned out fine, but not all cops will do more than ask if you have a custody order, before referring you to family court, even today.

Migrant workers are being mentioned. At some point in time, on this thread possibly, there was a mention of a business in NH, maybe factory type, that was bringing in workers particularly from the west. I feel like it was a textile or chemical business. They paid for the housing iirc.

If someone can't find what I'm saying, I'll search around and try to find where it was posted.

And while I'm attempting to remember something from a year ago, chemical business -> chemical barrels, perhaps?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I saw that blog also and if I recall the company was called Concord something. They brought people over with a promise of housing and work for at least 1 month, then defaulted. Leaving many people in the wind. On that blog it said the hotels/motels were full and then poof gone. And the company was not far at all from the dump site.

Migrant workers are being mentioned. At some point in time, on this thread possibly, there was a mention of a business in NH, maybe factory type, that was bringing in workers particularly from the west. I feel like it was a textile or chemical business. They paid for the housing iirc.

If someone can't find what I'm saying, I'll search around and try to find where it was posted.

And while I'm attempting to remember something from a year ago, chemical business -> chemical barrels, perhaps?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

http://oakhillresearch.blogspot.com/

(I posted this earlier, but deleted it accidentally somehow).

One of the clues to this case is that no one seems to be looking for them.

I suspect that is because one or both of parents, and siblings (if any) of the oldest female, are dead, jailed, incapacitated mentally and or physically.

Either that, or they are presumed dead, in some other pretence. What I mean is something like: went hiking and got lost, or they were reported to be on a boat that sank, and they were falsely presumed lost.

If these girls are all sisters, or some combination of family. The mother may be dead, and a step father or boyfriend may have killed them.

I would bet anything that someone else somewhere was murdered by the person that did this. A mother, a father, or a sister is my guess.

The part I can't figure is the unrelated child. I'm willing to bet her parents are dead too.

Maybe she was the daughter of a woman that either hasnt been discovered as being murdered yet, or she herself is unidentified and in a unmarked grave somewhere.

No matter what scenario I run through. It requires me to add, more murders,cc and broken families.

Could the unrelated girl have been a foster child or adopted? That may explain why no one seems to be looking for her. Parental rights were given up for whatever reason.

But why would she have a foster family so far east if she was from around Nebraska? Maybe the woman was her father's sister...I don't think that would qualify as maternally related. If he died, he would need someone to take care of his daughter, implying he is not the killer. Or else, she could have been a godmother perhaps.

I still think the most likely scenario is the youngest and oldest were the woman's children, and the middle was her stepchild, who had the same father as the youngest little girl.

Ruleouts for the oldest child:

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Janice Pockett 1965 Connecticut

It seems it would be more likely Janice Pockett would be the older female versus the eldest child. However, I don't see Janice listed as an exclusion for the woman.

If the woman was the mother of the eldest daughter, would any rule-outs for the daughter mean that same person would be ruled out as not being the mother as well? Just wondering if there's a possibility Janice Pockett could be the woman (even though Janice's age would have been about 4 years less than the lowest approximate age of the woman when she died.)

The photos of Janice's gapped two front teeth seem to resemble the teeth of the maternally related children so I have wondered about the woman being her.

Law Enforcement definitely hasn't overlooked the fact that the double pierced ears were unusual for a girl that age at that time. NH may be a rural state but the investigators are pretty astute. Being Yankees, though, they just don't comment a whole lot publicly.

NAMUS has now changed their information about the double-pierced ears to say "Possibly two piercings in each ear." This is probably why LE didn't focus on it in recent statements.

I can't help to think about maybe they were all kidnapping victims. Like the mother being kidnapped at a young age, and forced to live with the kidnapper for years, giving birth to 2 of his kids, and him kidnapping another child

This is exactly what I have a gut feeling about or the oldest was a run away who turned into a prostitute or a child who was abducted prior to the LE time line and was forced into prostitution, resulting in several children, which the family's wouldn't know about resulting in excluding the children of the women being overlooked.

This case is eating my lunch. I read an article stating that the owner of the adjacent property said "unsavory" people often camped out in this area and that the burned out trailer near by belonged to a sex offender. The third child who was not a DNA match to the mother leads me to believe that the child could have been his ("the abductors") newest pray and maybe the mother attempted to leave knowing where it was heading, leading to their decedent deaths.

I beleive in in order to identify the mother we need to look at least 10 years prior for a missing child who was abducted.

Just my my gut opinion.

The Barrels.

Why barrels? Obviously to conceal them. Particularly during transporting them. This also implies that a truck was involved, as I doubt a 55 gallon drum would fit in a car trunk.
But, short of incinerating, or sinking them to the bottom of the ocean - burial is the next best choice. But they didn't bury them. Could it be because they were killed in the winter, and the ground was too frozen?

Also - barrels were probably easier to get back then. They are well regulated now. But they would have been worth something... Could they have been reported stolen? If not because of their own value, but because someone broke in someplace to get them?

The barrels and the actual crime:

The person either had the barrels before or after these people were killed. If he had them before, it implies that either this crime was pre mediated, by virtue of the fact he had them already - or he had ready access to them, after he killed them, in cold blood, and knew he could get them.

If he didn't have them - I think this means they were killed inside a private residence. Where they would go unnoticed while he went and found the barrels.

I'm not sure how many premeditated murders are committed by bashing people's heads in, but I'm guessing not a big percentage.

Also, putting them in barrels that can be rolled could make transporting them, and rolling them into the woods, a one man job. But it couldn't have been easy.

Also, if the barrels were filled with whatever material they were designed to hold like solvent, oil, grease, fertilizer that would make them even more valuable, and more likely to be reported stolen.

Is it possible to determine what these barrels were used for? That could help narrow down where they were taken from, and perhaps provide new clues.

Lastly, do we know if there was any clothing found with the victims?

Sorry to ramble. This story really bothers me, so unbelievably cruel.

This case has always made me think of Jaycee Dugard and her daughters.

If Garrido had killed them and disposed of their bodies, and they ended up as a UID thread, what would we have made of it here on Websleuths? Would we have considered a connection to Jaycee?

I feel that this is something we should keep in our minds when considering possible matches.

It might be another Jaycee type situation.

I haven't read the ruleouts yet, but if Janice Pockett was considered, have they also thought about Lisa White? Though I personally don't think it would match up.

This case has always made me think of Jaycee Dugard and her daughters.

If Garrido had killed them and disposed of their bodies, and they ended up as a UID thread, what would we have made of it here on Websleuths? Would we have considered a connection to Jaycee?

I feel that this is something we should keep in our minds when considering possible matches.

It might be another Jaycee type situation.

I'm starting to think that you may be right, ESPECIALLY with the fact that the "middle child" probably did not grow up with the others https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ee-children/4hRoPksjAqGy8MIw2bbGPK/story.html

Another Jaycee situation doesn't seem all the out there. What a terrible possibility :( There are some real sick people in the world.

It seems it would be more likely Janice Pockett would be the older female versus the eldest child. However, I don't see Janice listed as an exclusion for the woman.

If the woman was the mother of the eldest daughter, would any rule-outs for the daughter mean that same person would be ruled out as not being the mother as well? Just wondering if there's a possibility Janice Pockett could be the woman (even though Janice's age would have been about 4 years less than the lowest approximate age of the woman when she died.)

The photos of Janice's gapped two front teeth seem to resemble the teeth of the maternally related children so I have wondered about the woman being her.

I think if it's a DNA ruleout on any one of the three who are related, that automatically rules out the other two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member