NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
I just watched the full press conference from the 17th. Which I beleive helps to really narrow down the missing who haven't been ruled out. There are several that really could be the mother.

Bonita Mara Bickwit. Born 1958 missing since 1973. Disappeared with her boyfriend who were madly in love from NY.

Mary Ann wesolowski from Ny. Born 1958 missing since 1971 had crooked teeth brown hair.

Jan Andre cotta born 1954 missing from NJ in 1973 was 5-7 months pregnant at disappearance had bad teeth but at time of disappearance had never had dental work done.

Denise Marie sheehy born 1954 missing since 1970 from NY 5'3 brown hair;

this is one is the one that stopped me in my tracks, Sheryl Ann tillinghast, missing from New York, born 1956 went missing 1973. Height 5'3. Brown hair and had a large gap in two front teeth which is hereditary!

I have attached a few pics of Sheryl
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 762
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 763
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 768
As it appears likely that these victims never appeared on any missing persons list, perhaps the most helpful thing we can do is to contact local papers and news stations (particularly in the isotope-identified areas) and ask them to run stories about this case. I realize that over the past week, a number of papers have run the story, but hundreds more have not. Perhaps if we saturate the identified areas of the country with this story, we'll get a tip that means something. (oakhillresearch.blogspot.com).new allenstown title.jpg

Great idea, the more I am researching Allentown and the surrounding areas it seems in the early 80's there were lots of migrant workers from Canada and lots of folks moving there for a factory job that promised 5000 and free rent if you had children (I'm still looking into this aspect. I have spent at least 5 hours every day for the last several weeks looking at photos, reading articles and comments on other forums trying to find that one peice of info that leads to another. I just want these precious souls to have their name back and returned to their families, if they have one.

For those who might be interested in searching any Canadian missing persons databases here is a link from the RCMP, it's limited, but you never know. They stated that the oldest is Caucasian, but there is still a possibility that she might be First Nations, so I would still look at any profiles of missing Native women from Canada.
http://www.canadasmissing.ca/index-eng.htm

I was thinking about your quote. The eldest (possibly the mother) had dental work, she likely would have had some type of insurance or medical assistance to cover the cost. I wonder if she was on social assistance at some point. If so, I hope former social workers or women's shelter workers will take a look at all the drawings of the 4 females and see if it jogs their memory.
One child showed signs of pneumonia and another child is suspected of having anemia. I'm wondering if any of the 3 children received regular health care.
Anemia in young children is most commonly caused by malnutrition.
The oldest female received dental care, but the other two obviously hadn't yet. I'm wondering if there was a change in their financial circumstances at some point.

Could they look at surgeries with anemia patients?

attachment.php
I just watched the full press conference from the 17th. Which I beleive helps to really narrow down the missing who haven't been ruled out. There are several that really could be the mother.

Bonita Mara Bickwit. Born 1958 missing since 1973. Disappeared with her boyfriend who were madly in love from NY.

Mary Ann wesolowski from Ny. Born 1958 missing since 1971 had crooked teeth brown hair.

Jan Andre cotta born 1954 missing from NJ in 1973 was 5-7 months pregnant at disappearance had bad teeth but at time of disappearance had never had dental work done.

Denise Marie sheehy born 1954 missing since 1970 from NY 5'3 brown hair;

this is one is the one that stopped me in my tracks, Sheryl Ann tillinghast, missing from New York, born 1956 went missing 1973. Height 5'3. Brown hair and had a large gap in two front teeth which is hereditary!

I have attached a few pics of Sheryl
attachment.php
attachment.php

I suggested Jan Cotta. She had a club foot, which would have stood out.

Patricia Spencer had her DNA done, which rules her out as well. I thought she looked like the deceased, so that stumped me.

Over the years we've had several potential matches on various cases where the missing person was the spitting image of a reconstruction, then turned out not to be matches. It's startling but not that uncommon.

For those who might be interested in searching any Canadian missing persons databases here is a link from the RCMP, it's limited, but you never know. They stated that the oldest is Caucasian, but there is still a possibility that she might be First Nations, so I would still look at any profiles of missing Native women from Canada.
http://www.canadasmissing.ca/index-eng.htm

Reread the info from the presser, it says where the adult female could be from. Canada is not included from what I remember

If the unrelated child's mother was reported missing and had DNA in CODIS, would it show as being maternally connected?

Also: on Facebook, someone suggested Lynne Kathryn Schulze as a match for the adult female.

I think she looks a lot like Carl's revised recon.

Her DNA sample is "Available--not submitted."

Maybe she was a runaway who had children.

I keep thinking that these poor four souls could be part of a cult. It would seemingly explain the isolation.

Lynne could have been a vulnerable runaway that a cult decided to target.

Reread the info from the presser, it says where the adult female could be from. Canada is not included from what I remember

Well, yeah, but that doesn't preclude her having been briefly in Canada and going missing from there, does it?

I don't think they actually stated where the eldest female was born or where she was raised. It is possible she was a missing person or non-reported missing person originally from Canada. There is not a huge distance between the Maritimes, Ontario, and NH.There was a time when Canadians didn't need passports to enter the United States, she could have easily moved to the U.S.
I'm not saying she is Canadian, but I don't think we need to rule that out just yet.

http://www.nh1.com/news/nh1-news-in...see-dozens-of-new-leads-in-cold-case-murders/

NH1 News Investigates Cold Case: Allenstown police see dozens of new leads in cold case murders.

ALLENSTOWN - A cold case that the FBI has said is one of the most unique cases in U.S. history, is finally beginning to see new promising leads.

A woman and a girl were found dead in barrels in rural Allenstown in 1985. Fifteen years later two more children were discovered the same way in the same area.

To this day there are still no names and no convicted killer.

But now, new testing has narrowed the search.

After recent sketches of the victims were released last month, a large amount of tips have been pouring into the Attorney General's office.

However, there are still many questions.

"I have never heard of this," said Ronda Randall a case enthusiast. "That, right away, caught my attention about it. Why haven't I heard about it? This seems like something that should be cemented into peoples' consciousness."

Randall and her brother are New Hampshire natives and as a hobby have been researching the Allenstown cold case on their own. They've put in 40 hours a week for five years. They've been interviewing neighbors and putting together a map with names and family trees to try to find the killer.

What they find unusual was that many people in the Bear Brook Garden trailer park - which is directly across from the crime scene - were not re-questioned about the second set of bodies found.

"And we'd say 'no one ever talked to you?' " Randall said. "'You haven't heard more bodies were found?' They'd say, 'No.' "

Richard Gagne, a long-time resident was one of them.

"I didn't hear about those until recently," Gagne said. "That really surprised me."

NH1 News asked the Attorney General's office about the case.

"The things that I would say to those people that have been waiting for someone to get in touch with them - this is it," said Senior Assistant Attorney General Ben Agati. "Today's the day. Please get in touch with us now."

He explained that things have rapidly changed and evolved with investigating, over time.

"What the mindset was in 2000, I'm not exactly sure," Agati said.

As the AG's office sorts through potential leads comparing them to missing person reports, Ronda Randall spends her time looking through old newspaper archives, and online forums of people searching for lost family or adopted relatives from the last 30 years.

"I'll work on recreating the trailer park, we have about 200 more people to track down so I won't rest on that project until it's done."

Ronda is asking people born in 1974 or 75 to look through their yearbooks to see if there are any names you may have lost touch with that may be the oldest child.

"I think scene has done what it can, in this case, law enforcement and now i really think it's the media and the public."

The state tells us that they don't look into cases past 50 years, and this one is already 30 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero