Found Deceased NH - Ashley Turcotte, 31, last seen at home, her car found at the town hall with her phone & backpack, Barnstead, 4 Jan 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are there cameras at the town hall, fire station, library, or church? Website says town hall is open Mon-Fri 8:30 to 4:30.
She lives off of 126, 2.6 miles from the town hall.
Tricky thing is, the Town Hall sometimes closes during holiday weeks. I know the library across the street was closed for four days during Christmas and four days during New Years. I wish I knew the answer to that.

Only the church has a camera <modsnip>. Town Hall and Fire Department do not have cameras, and neighbors don't appear to, either. From what I understand, neighbors are searching their properties and allowing others to help search them as well, as there are many wooded yards in that area. I know exactly where she lives. One of my children had a friend that used to live in her home. Beautiful area. They (friend of my child) had horses back then, but I don't know if they still have them now. It's been years since we've been over there, and they moved away.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

@Steelslady Is there a bus stop or anything like that there, near the Town Hall? I think there could be a good outcome if she went to stay with someone. But the river is just so concerning. I don't mean to be insensitive. I feel for her family.

Was it 3 days before she was reported missing?
I wish I knew the answer to thi
<modsnip>

@Steelslady Is there a bus stop or anything like that there, near the Town Hall? I think there could be a good outcome if she went to stay with someone. But the river is just so concerning. I don't mean to be insensitive. I feel for her family.
No bus stops anywhere in our town.

A lot of us feel the same way. <modsnip: no link> We had helicopters going low around our house, it was strange, as one was very loud and scared hubby and I. We were like "what the heck?" Wondering why this information wasn't out sooner that Ashley was missing. Time is so important in these cases- we all know that.

A lot of us feel the same way. Just isn't making sense that she was last seen before she left for the town hall, and no one has heard a thing from her. <modsnip> We had helicopters going low around our house, it was strange, as one was very loud and scared hubby and I. We were like "what the heck?" Wondering why this information wasn't out sooner that Ashley was missing. Time is so important in these cases- we all know that.
<modsnip: quoted post was snipped>

According to her sister, she had not been seen since last Thursday, Jan 4, but when her vehicle was located on Sunday-- and with her phone, backpack, wallet inside the car, that caused the alarm bell and she was reported missing to police.

Had she been in contact with anybody including her sister or other family since Thursday? If not, where did they think she was since Sunday?

I'm also wondering if she took anything with her when she left home such as her dog? I noticed somebody (a friend) on the police FB invited her to come stay with her and that she could bring her dog-- asked her to DM her.

AT is an adult and is entitled to her privacy but I don't think this is the first time she's gone dark-- just not without her wallet, phone, and perhaps her vehicle. Winter is very high risk to be missing. Wishing her only the best. MOO

<modsnip> I just hope people don't focus on the mental health issue, as she is missing and needs to be found. Our town is small, very countrified. Lots and lots of water- gushing river not too far from the town hall, I used to walk that area a lot when my kids were at (sports) practice. Lots of lakes and ponds. Beautiful and peaceful. There are trails around that area. The sister is trying to get something approved by LE to have the public search. We are all ready, willing and able. This town cares. Everyone loves and cares about Ashley. She's a beautiful and sweet soul, is artistically talented. If she's out there, we will find her. Please pray for her and her family.

Parking at the town hall.... just raises questions. Most town halls in NH only employ a few employees. I would have thought her car would have been noticed earlier. For one reason, people would know who the few cars parking at the town hall would belong to. Second, since she is well known in the village, people would know it was her car.

I certainly will be following, and I so hope you will find her. I've been in Barnstead many many times... I just know the village will stick together and support each other trying to find Ashley.......

Car at town hall makes me think she was doing some kind of Craigslist or FB Marketplace purchase and met someone there? My local PD suggests meeting in their department parking lot or in front of city hall when buying/selling things online.

<modsnip: no source link>

I have questions about the car and when it was dropped off. The police station is RIGHT there near the Town Hall. Surely one of them knew it was her car and would have noticed it there for a few days? She decorates pumpkins and other things for the town. She is well known in a POSTIVE way as a community member by the police. So when was this car driven there, I wonder? All we have heard is that it was found on Sunday. That her phone, keys, wallet and backpack were in the car, she has not used her bank account.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
I am just surprised that her family didn't drive through the town area for days after not seeing her as you think you'd do that immediately and would have spotted it parked there. We know the day that the car was found but do we know when they actually reported her missing to LE?

As a reminder,
Anything you post as a fact MUST include a link to an approved source substantiating that information. If you are close to this case and have inside info you would like to share here, you must first apply and be approved as a VERIFIED INSIDER.

In order to adhere to the standards WS has in place and best support families, any posts stated as fact when someone is not a VI will be removed along with any responses to those posts. These may be reinstated upon completion of the verification process.

Any questions about this or any other rule may be asked by using the report feature at the bottom of any post.

Thanks!
Mad

I don't know how to post a direct link to this as there's no way to copy a link on the post, but on the Barnstead PD's official Facebook page as well as Salem NH PD's offical Facebook page there are posts from several years ago with photos of Ashley and some pumpkins that she painted for them. There is another post by the PD noting that she paints pumpkins for the city. That makes the car at town hall more interesting to me. It seems she has been involved with the community and police for several years, so maybe she is friends with someone at town hall or the police department?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag
Back