NH NH/CA - Robert Evans, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I don't see a resemblance between the person in the photo and the person we are looking for. Evans is a common name though, and if they went to the same high school, perhaps they knew each other.

I wish we knew if there was any method to his madness regarding aliases. Could just be names he made up out of the blue. Could be family names, or names of people he grew up with, could be names of identification he was able to steal or have forged. Who knows? But since family names is the easier one of those options to try to nail down I've been looking into those more. Vanner and Mockerman are not very common. The only place I was able to find genealogical records referencing all of those surnames in the same county was in Berrien County Michigan, in their marriage index from the 1920s. Of course that doesn't mean that a place like NY or LA or even some other small county could not also have all those names, and just not have them in a format that turns up in a Google search. Still, I'm keeping it in the back of my mind, just in case. It seems like we have records of him being in or claiming to be in the Northwest, West, Southwest, South, Southeast, and Northeast, and Canada. Everywhere but the Midwest. Maybe that's not an accident.

bbm - I am guessing that he ditched Lisa within a few months of being busted for DUI with Lisa in the car because at time of arrest, LE would have called social services and social services would have been in there nosing around and asking for birth certificates, doing home visits etc. He stalled that nosing around by having Lisa stay with friends for a bit. I'd really like to know if LE did call childrens' services and if any of their workers had contact with him. In other words, he had a darn good reason for ditching Lisa when he did. The abuse, kidnapping, murder, all could have been discovered unless he ditched her and disappeared.
There were some older articles posted a few pages back that I was able to glean some info from, given they were from a paid site. When Lisa was given to the family, the woman's daughter fell in love with her and they went to a legit lawyer, instead of a "shady" one like Bob had recommended, to adopt her. At about that time, she told them of abuse and exhibited some inappropriate behavior. They called police then and began the process of looking for her real family, coming to the conclusion that she had been kept for unsavory purposes. They sent out pictures and a case file nation wide at that time, but because Denise and her daughter were never listed as missing, it didn't capture anyone's attention. She was eventually placed into foster care and at the time the article was written, was in the process of being adopted. So, he left her behind before he caught the notice of authorities.

Unfortunately, I don't see a resemblance between the person in the photo and the person we are looking for. Evans is a common name though, and if they went to the same high school, perhaps they knew each other.

I wish we knew if there was any method to his madness regarding aliases. Could just be names he made up out of the blue. Could be family names, or names of people he grew up with, could be names of identification he was able to steal or have forged. Who knows? But since family names is the easier one of those options to try to nail down I've been looking into those more. Vanner and Mockerman are not very common. The only place I was able to find genealogical records referencing all of those surnames in the same county was in Berrien County Michigan, in their marriage index from the 1920s. Of course that doesn't mean that a place like NY or LA or even some other small county could not also have all those names, and just not have them in a format that turns up in a Google search. Still, I'm keeping it in the back of my mind, just in case. It seems like we have records of him being in or claiming to be in the Northwest, West, Southwest, South, Southeast, and Northeast, and Canada. Everywhere but the Midwest. Maybe that's not an accident.

I think he based his names off of people he knew that had the same skills as he did. IN one of the mug shots, the name he chose has information nearly identical to another Curtis Kimball, the same day of birth but different year of birth.

Another possibility is while he was on active duty in the U.S. Navy, he either was stationed at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (PNSY) or spent time there at a conference, seminar, etc. In those days PSNY was considered to be in New Hampshire, but now is Maine and is still fully operational. The distance between PSNY and Allenstown is approximately 40 miles.

Had the idea cross my mind that his aliases could be the actual names of fellow military members or former classmates.....

Haven't been on WS in a very long time, but this case is causing me think very hard about attempting to locate Denise and give names to the Allenstown victims--and there's nothing like WS to get my "creative juices" flowing! Thank you for all your posts that are stimulating me to see if I can actually help.
Did the Navy keep fingerprints back then?
Maybe they could test all of his arrest fingerprints to any on file with the navy to find his "real" identity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Did the Navy keep fingerprints back then?
Maybe they could test all of his arrest fingerprints to any on file with the navy to find his "real" identity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing. They may not have the older files in a database though.

I was wondering the same thing. They may not have the older files in a database though.

I asked about this.
Most of the military fingerprints are not mechanized, but on cards, and someone would have to manually compare each one. I will see if I can find the exact response, but there was also a flood or fire where some of these records were kept, so they were lost, too.

Military were/are required to be fingerprinted. Many records from back then are not digitized. On top of that there was a fire at the archival storage building that destroyed millions of military records including fingerprint files. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Personnel_Records_Center_fire

Having said that , I did locate a site for Navy veterans *ONLY to join and post on. If anyone is a Navy vet, you might want to contact the webmaster of the site to see if it would be OK to post a photo and info about this guy to see if anyone recognizes him.

http://navyvets.com/

Military were/are required to be fingerprinted. Many records from back then are not digitized. On top of that there was a fire at the archival storage building that destroyed millions of military records including fingerprint files. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Personnel_Records_Center_fire

Having said that , I did locate a site for Navy veterans *ONLY to join and post on. If anyone is a Navy vet, you might want to contact the webmaster of the site to see if it would be OK to post a photo and info about this guy to see if anyone recognizes him.

http://navyvets.com/

Yes, Carbuff told me something similar about military fingerprints on another thread.

I forget which link it was, but dawn/lisa stated she has shadowy early memories of a woman in her life. maybe that was her own mom, which would mean she might be a CA UID. maybe santa cruz area.

that could also explain why he kept her alive so long whereas he killed his own daughter. also, maybe he simply left her in the rv park and went off to drink and authorities picked her up before he returned.

I am thinking along the same lines that perhaps the mother was still alive when he was arrested for DUI and the child was picked up by her rather than DSS. I also think maybe Denise did not die until right before Lisa/Dawn was abandoned.

There were some older articles posted a few pages back that I was able to glean some info from, given they were from a paid site. When Lisa was given to the family, the woman's daughter fell in love with her and they went to a legit lawyer, instead of a "shady" one like Bob had recommended, to adopt her. At about that time, she told them of abuse and exhibited some inappropriate behavior. They called police then and began the process of looking for her real family, coming to the conclusion that she had been kept for unsavory purposes. They sent out pictures and a case file nation wide at that time, but because Denise and her daughter were never listed as missing, it didn't capture anyone's attention. She was eventually placed into foster care and at the time the article was written, was in the process of being adopted. So, he left her behind before he caught the notice of authorities.

How old was she then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a post on the help id me Facebook page from the family jo long of a photo of Mary and her unidentified boyfriend who looks like BE

I was looking at the isotope map for the middle child ("Bob Evans" child) and I noticed that the states she most likely lived in (in the red boxes) are generally NOT states he refers to when he talked to people, or states he was known to be in.

If she was there, he was there at some point. Maine, Vermont, NY, the Dakotas and Nebraska, possibly Canada at least along the border areas.

She was roughly 2-4 when she was killed circa 1980/1981 so her oldest DOB is roughly 1976/1977. Maybe she came there as an infant. If not, she was born in one of those small pockets of possibility in the north east.

middle child map and Bob evans map.jpg

Then the map of the adult female and her two children also includes a lot of states he never talks about. I suppose she could have moved somewhere prior to meeting him, but, I find it interesting that for the most part these areas are big white areas on Bob's map.

adult female map vs bob evans.jpg

He is well practiced at lying long before he gets to NH. He's not going to give up real information. The middle child isotope info doesn't lie though. If she was there, he was there before he went to NH.

I've seen a post on the help id me Facebook page from the family jo long of a photo of Mary and her unidentified boyfriend who looks like BE
He does resemble him. I'm not 100% convinced it *is* him. He looks like him, but there are differences. Also, they didn't mention him having a baby girl. We could ask them this. They said Mary Jo started dating him and then went missing from Gardena, California on about February 22, 1982. She was from Minnesota. It could be him. I don't think it is, but it could be.

Off to see if Mary Jo has a thread on here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member