NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the foreign language Robert learned was Norwegian (from his parents or the Norwegian immigrant community he was from). In the early 1900's, there were thousands of churches that conducted services in Norwegian. Also noted is that most Norwegians headed for the US went thru Quebec (a city mentioned by Robert Evans). Most Norwegian Americans settled in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Dakotas.

Agree, have several friends who's parents and grandparents were immigrants that learned their native language at home before English.

Know people here in Louisiana that still speak Acadiana French it was not learned in school it was taught to them by their parents at home.

IT's already becoming spring here, the weather should be soon improving in NH. Wonder when LE plans to search the property again?

Would love and update from LE on wether any information has been fruitful. Last report was @ a few weeks to a month ago now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IT's already becoming spring here, the weather should be soon improving in NH. Wonder when LE plans to search the property again? Would love and update from LE on wether any information has been fruitful. Last report was @ a few weeks to a month ago now Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's been dastardly cold & windy in New England. Wind chills have been below freezing.
Just to give you an idea: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/allenstown-nh/03275/daily-weather-forecast/2621350

Yikes......... [emoji33] when will it get better up there enough to search ?
Have been watching April the Giraffe recall mention a weather front came.
STILL WAITING APRIL ...... [emoji849][emoji848][emoji849]

She still hasn't had the baby yet? I check in from time to time.
Sometimes, when spring gets here, it's like overnight. Other times, winter just drags on and on.
When we had a couple of weeks of 40-60 degree weather I thought for sure we were on the upswing and would have an early spring, but the next week, temps plummeted. Looking at possibly -12 wind chills over the weekend in my neck of the woods.

I think the foreign language Robert learned was Norwegian (from his parents or the Norwegian immigrant community he was from). In the early 1900's, there were thousands of churches that conducted services in Norwegian. Also noted is that most Norwegians headed for the US went thru Quebec (a city mentioned by Robert Evans). Most Norwegian Americans settled in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Dakotas.

Wisconsin was one of the states the isotope test showed his daughter could be from. What are the native american tribes for that state? Reservations?

attachment.php

This picture speaks volumes to me. It was taken in Manchester, NH in either 1980 or 1981. He is clearly wearing a Disneyland t-shirt, indicating that he had already spent some time in the LA area of California. Fast forward four years and he shows up in the Anaheim area. Then he seems to remain in California for the next 15 years or so. It is suggested that he spent time in Idaho during this time, but he keeps showing up in California. Why would such a transient stay in a relatively small area of the country for such an extended period of time? And why would he spend such a relatively short period of time in NH(3-4 years)???

I think this suggests a much stronger tie to California. He may have been born in the Northeast as the Grundheim interview suggests, but clearly he is drawn to the LA and San Francisco areas.

A couple things about the picture. Can't help but notice that the chair appears to be one of those school chairs from a cafeteria. I have about ten of those in my basement that I bought cheap when a school closed and auctioned everything off. Just wondering if there were any schools in the area that closed down around that time period or if there were any auctions because a school remodeled and bought new furniture. Wondering if circulating his and Denise's pictures around the remaining schools in the area or to auctioneers may help.

Second, does anyone else think that the red stuff on the white pole looks like blood?

Wisconsin was one of the states the isotope test showed his daughter could be from. What are the native american tribes for that state? Reservations?
There are a few small reservations in Wisconsin (Bad River, Menominee), but I recall the mother and two kids isotopes were from the area that included Wisconsin, Robert's daughter (possible Native American mother) was possibly from the Dakotas and Nebraska, and some parts of the northeast. I google "Allentown isotopes" to get the charts.

I wonder if Robert Evans, if he was in the Navy, used the GI bill for his electricity training, rather than learning the trade in the Navy. (He claimed he went to an electronics college in Arizona.) Maybe he got his mechanic training in the service.

I wonder if Robert Evans, if he was in the Navy, used the GI bill for his electricity training, rather than learning the trade in the Navy. (He claimed he went to an electronics college in Arizona.) Maybe he got his mechanic training in the service.

Devry was one of the 1st universities to utilize the GI bill with vets. The university had long term ties with training military personnel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A couple things about the picture. Can't help but notice that the chair appears to be one of those school chairs from a cafeteria. I have about ten of those in my basement that I bought cheap when a school closed and auctioned everything off. Just wondering if there were any schools in the area that closed down around that time period or if there were any auctions because a school remodeled and bought new furniture. Wondering if circulating his and Denise's pictures around the remaining schools in the area or to auctioneers may help.

Second, does anyone else think that the red stuff on the white pole looks like blood?

The colors on the pole are just patterns from the Leg of a swing set

When he lived in the RV parks, did it ever say how he paid for the lot rent? Cash, check???

Robert Evans said he went to Lowell Elementary in Phoenix. Possible, but the school is 90% Hispanic.

Education:

Lowell Elementary – (Pre-K – 8th grade)
1121 South 3rd Avenue – Phoenix, AZ

• Located in Central City South
  • Present address built 1981, Pre-1981 school may have been in a different location or was rebuilt at the present location.
  • Pre-journalism James Foley was a teacher here from 1996-1999.

North High School – (9th grade – 12th grade)
1101 East Thomas Road – Phoenix, AZ

• Established 1939.
  • Closed in 1981 (Due to declining enrollment and budget shortfalls).
  • Re-Opened in 1983 (Inner city parents filled lawsuits and the school was re-opened).

School Boundary Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...ll=33.41533711146093,-112.04936726953127&z=12

• If In fact Evans did attend High School here he would have lived within the Red or Blue district's of the map

• If Evans attended Lowell Elementary he would have attended Central HS instead of North HS after elementary. Central HS is located a few blocks away from Lowell Elementary. Unless his family relocated into the North district between elementary and HS. Central HS opened in 1957.

Devry Institution of Technology -Electronic Engineering and Design
2149 West Dunlap Avenue – Phoenix, AZ

• Opened Phoeniz AZ campus in 1967
  • Devry Technical Institute became Devry Institute of Technology in 1967
  • Devry trained Army Air Corp instructors on electronics in the 1940’s and also provided training to veteran’s post war.
  • If Evans in fact attended DeVry it would have been after 1967 when DeVry Phoenix campus opened.

***And if we believe Evans autobiography he never went to school at all .. :blushing:

In 1986 Evans wrote a brief autobiography that authorities later obtained; he was the youngest of six kids, born to Norwegian American parents who abused him and refused to allow him to attend school. Said he had run away from home at age of 14, joined the military

East Bay Times - 01/27/17
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/01/27/richmond-the-sordid-past-of-drifter-linked-to-six-killings/

Were the birthdays correct with the names?

If we don't know who the names actually belong to we don't know what their birthdate is?

Did they find any of the men with the same name and birthdate?

Sometimes my words don't come out the same on screen as I mean for them to so hopefully that makes sense

***And if we believe Evans autobiography he never went to school at all .. :blushing:

In 1986 Evans wrote a brief autobiography that authorities later obtained; he was the youngest of six kids, born to Norwegian American parents who abused him and refused to allow him to attend school. Said he had run away from home at age of 14, joined the military

East Bay Times - 01/27/17
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/01/27/richmond-the-sordid-past-of-drifter-linked-to-six-killings/

Good point!

The parents refusing him to attend school lends me to think he came from a large family who owned a farm. Like the parents wanted the children to drop out of school at a certain age and work on the farm with them.

Were the birthdays correct with the names?

If we don't know who the names actually belong to we don't know what their birthdate is?

Did they find any of the men with the same name and birthdate?

Sometimes my words don't come out the same on screen as I mean for them to so hopefully that makes sense

For the ones I checked, yes the real identities and birthdates matched. He knew their dob's somehow along with their full names. I just can't seem to see a connection between the men so he must have met them or had something to do with them.

Good point!

The parents refusing him to attend school lends me to think he came from a large family who owned a farm. Like the parents wanted the children to drop out of school at a certain age and work on the farm with them.

Either that or he's flat lying to divert attention from his school record. Makes me think there might be a clue somewhere.

Either that or he's flat lying to divert attention from his school record. Makes me think there might be a clue somewhere.

Well he's either lying about going to school or lying that his parents didn't allow him to attend school. I'd have to side with lying about his parents not allowing him to attend. Makes sense that he would want people not to look at his past school that he may have talked about.

For the ones I checked, yes the real identities and birthdates matched. He knew their dob's somehow along with their full names. I just can't seem to see a connection between the men so he must have met them or had something to do with them.

i would bet that if he was an electrician he could have been doing side jobs in people's homes. i hope LE asked these folks if they had anyone do electrical work in their homes or any kind of home repair for that matter he could have been a 'handyman"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member