NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Star Trek thing is interesting, but I don't believe it to be the case either. Figuring out how he got those names would be interesting. LE seems to believe he stole peoples' identities, they haven't given the reason why but I would guess they have reason to suspect that. So how did he meet them or know them or cross paths with them? Unfortunately, it appears in the 70's when a non-custodial parent abducted a child the legal system pretty much looked the other way. It wasn't until the 80's that law enforcement really started investigating these issues. Also, when adults disappeared it was just assumed they had left of their own accord and that's just how it was. People didn't need social security numbers to work, and library cards were acceptable forms of identification, so changing identities was very easy. This time we have a person who literally lied about everything. I'm not even convinced he was Danish. I'm going to guess he was from the east coast because the officer in CA noticed the accent. We know his method of killing was blunt force trauma to the head and that he typically wrapped his victims in electrical cord. He targeted single mothers with either very young children or pregnant. He was an alcoholic and a heavy drinker. His daughter was Native American. At some point a woman calling herself "Elizabeth" signed for his mail and he put her down as a contact for the police.

That's an excellent recap, thanks!

Interesting that when the relatives of Eunsoon Jun were asking about her whereabouts, Larry Vanner/Robert Evans said she either went to Oregon or Virginia, two states that come up a lot and were probably not picked out of the air.

Interesting that when the relatives of Eunsoon Jun were asking about her whereabouts, Larry Vanner/Robert Evans said she either went to Oregon or Virginia, two states that come up a lot and were probably not picked out of the air.

Eunsoon's mother had been sent to live with Eunsoon's brother in Virginia. So saying she was in Virginia was saying she was with her mother.

So I started thinking that RE was possibly on an absconder list somewhere,and of course not knowing what name,I looked state by state looking for dates up to 1977 and 1990-2000ish.I found a Jensen who absconded in 1974 in IDAHO,but I dont believe its him,because the person is,a recent sex offender.However,I Google's this person and his family .A brother,ELLO JENSEN, born 6/1/38-,died 10/3/78,supposedly .on his,gravestone,it reads"jailbird".What struck me,was this families background includes IDAHO,EVANSTON WY,AND OREGON.I suppose this could be just factors played into a,stolen identity.There were a few members of this family charged with sex crimes.the only way it would work for ELLO to be RE,was if he faked his death,which I doubt.

So I started thinking that RE was possibly on an absconder list somewhere,and of course not knowing what name,I looked state by state looking for dates up to 1977 and 1990-2000ish.I found a Jensen who absconded in 1974 in IDAHO,but I dont believe its him,because the person is,a recent sex offender.However,I Google's this person and his family .A brother,ELLO JENSEN, born 6/1/38-,died 10/3/78,supposedly .on his,gravestone,it reads"jailbird".What struck me,was this families background includes IDAHO,EVANSTON WY,AND OREGON.I suppose this could be just factors played into a,stolen identity.There were a few members of this family charged with sex crimes.the only way it would work for ELLO to be RE,was if he faked his death,which I doubt.
I think you're onto something here. Ello is an alternate former of Ulos or Ullos, which the name sites tell me is a Scandinavian name derived from Ulrich. I can't imagine RE having issues about using a dead man's name.

I wonder if they met in the military or in jail.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Again,I was excited,but think its prob just stolen pieces of someone's life,but that family has,a,dark history.if anything,ill keep searching absconder lists

Again,I was excited,but think its prob just stolen pieces of someone's life,but that family has,a,dark history.if anything,ill keep searching absconder lists
I agree it's not likely to be him, but it may offer clues to where he was in the past. Could you send me what you have about this family and I'll poke in newspaper archives and such to see if I can find a possible connection? I'll pm you my email.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I'm at work but I will later this evening..the only thing on Elli Orlando Jensen is on find a grave..from there I looked at the family members listed.i came onto him in the first place looking at Idaho dept corr..typed in various names,there I found the Jensen who absconded,and I searched him.

I'm at work but I will later this evening..the only thing on Elli Orlando Jensen is on find a grave..from there I looked at the family members listed.i came onto him in the first place looking at Idaho dept corr..typed in various names,there I found the Jensen who absconded,and I searched him.

That should be enough to get me started, thanks.

ETA: that's a gorgeous tombstone. Going by the engraving on the back and the place he was living, I'm going to guess he drove a lumber truck.

I think the Star Trek thing is interesting, but I don't believe it to be the case either. Figuring out how he got those names would be interesting. LE seems to believe he stole peoples' identities, they haven't given the reason why but I would guess they have reason to suspect that. So how did he meet them or know them or cross paths with them? Unfortunately, it appears in the 70's when a non-custodial parent abducted a child the legal system pretty much looked the other way. It wasn't until the 80's that law enforcement really started investigating these issues. Also, when adults disappeared it was just assumed they had left of their own accord and that's just how it was. People didn't need social security numbers to work, and library cards were acceptable forms of identification, so changing identities was very easy. This time we have a person who literally lied about everything. I'm not even convinced he was Danish. I'm going to guess he was from the east coast because the officer in CA noticed the accent. We know his method of killing was blunt force trauma to the head and that he typically wrapped his victims in electrical cord. He targeted single mothers with either very young children or pregnant. He was an alcoholic and a heavy drinker. His daughter was Native American. At some point a woman calling herself "Elizabeth" signed for his mail and he put her down as a contact for the police.

When authorities checked Evans background when it was discovered that Vanner/Mockerman/Jenson/Kimball/Evans were the same person, living persons might have popped up after entering the same information he used for the alias.

I've been thinking about this, and have wondered if Evans possible locations could actually be the people whose identities he stole. I wonder if Evans looked like the people whose names he used as an alias.

I also don't assume he stole all of his identities, he could have made up some of them as well. IMO the more common names would be the one's made up (ex. Robert Evans, Jenson), because anything more unique (ex. Ulos, Mayo, Mockerman), I just don't see why if someone was avoiding detection that they would pick a name that stands out.

Who on this thread is in touch with the New Hampshire authorities in this case? I found a possible connection to the "Jensen" name I think they ought to know about...not something that can be posted here (sleuthing bystanders, albeit a deceased one).

Who on this thread is in touch with the New Hampshire authorities in this case? I found a possible connection to the "Jensen" name I think they ought to know about...not something that can be posted here (sleuthing bystanders, albeit a deceased one).

I would also be careful what you post here because of certain lurkers looking for us "web nuts" to dig up a nugget or two for them.
I would contact Strelzin, he's the SR Assistant AG
I found this on the NH.gov site contact list.
https://das.nh.gov/directory/procSearch_internet.asp?Action=Depts&lstDepts=JUSTICE+DEPT+OF
(603) 271-3671
[email]jeffery.strelzin@doj.nh.gov[/EMAIL]

Emailed you

Does this have anything to do with my leads on the Jensen history carbuff?

Ok , I had a thought on the name Ulos Jensen. Could the name be " Elias" ?
I was watching a Finnish movie with subtitles the other night and one of the characters names was " Elias" . In the movie , when the actors are saying his name , it rolls off of the tongue rather quickly and with and accent which could definitely sound like " ulos" .
In America we would say " Eee- lie-us" , in this movie it sounded like " Ill-eee-ose".
When said quickly with an accent it sounds like "Ulos".
Here is a link with audio pronunciations . Scroll down to hear Denmark's :
https://forvo.com/word/elias/
Of course this is assuming there is any grain of truth in that particular name .

I also found the top 5 Elias Jensen's on LinkedIn and 4 are from Denmark , one is from Sweden. I'm not claiming any relation to the case , it's just an example of the popularity of the name in that region.

It's just a thought , but the given name Ulos is just not giving me anything , only a few rare hits on the surname Ulos on Ancenstry which are pretty old.
I am a genealogy enthusiast and have seen how names can become twisted and changed in translation , or orally over the years due to spelling errors, accents and nicknames. In my tree for example , I have a "Nellie" which I found out was " Cornelia - a "Franz" which became Frank and a surname "Premoshis" which on old records used to be Primozitch .

The question I have is , was the name " Ulos Jensen " written on this paper they found that was a sort of an autobiography ? Or did someone verbally tell authorities ? Even if it was on the paper , who's to say it was in his writing and he didn't dictate it to someone ?
This name intrigues me the most because I have read that it is believed to be the earliest , and possible birth name of this man , and because Ulos is is so unusual , and Jensen fits with a name from Denmark for a man with an accent who possibly spoke another language.

The name Ulysses also comes to mind, but I would lean more towards Elias.

Of course the whole name could be a complete falsehood , but I suppose you have to start somewhere.

Ok , I had a thought on the name Ulos Jensen. Could the name be " Elias" ?
I was watching a Finnish movie with subtitles the other night and one of the characters names was " Elias" . In the movie , when the actors are saying his name , it rolls off of the tongue rather quickly and with and accent which could definitely sound like " ulos" .
In America we would say " Eee- lie-us" , in this movie it sounded like " Ill-eee-ose".
When said quickly with an accent it sounds like "Ulos".
That's interesting because I found that Ulos means (of movement) out, outside; outdoors, in the Finnish language. Evans is said to have spoken a foreign language, I wonder what language it was.

The question I have is , was the name " Ulos Jensen " written on this paper they found that was a sort of an autobiography ? Or did someone verbally tell authorities ? Even if it was on the paper , who's to say it was in his writing and he didn't dictate it to someone ?
This name intrigues me the most because I have read that it is believed to be the earliest , and possible birth name of this man , and because Ulos is is so unusual , and Jensen fits with a name from Denmark for a man with an accent who possibly spoke another language.

The name Ulysses also comes to mind, but I would lean more towards Elias.

Of course the whole name could be a complete falsehood , but I suppose you have to start somewhere.
I've wondered about that myself. I've searched the autobiography and only could find-
In 1986, Evans wrote a brief autobiography that authorities later obtained. It said he was the youngest of six kids, born to Norwegian-American parents who abused him practically from birth, and refused to allow him to attend school. It said he ran away from home at age 14, joined the military, then moved to Canada, where he met Denise LaPorte. It said they married in Virginia, had a daughter, and that Denise died in 1983. Source:http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/01/27/richmond-the-sordid-past-of-drifter-linked-to-six-killings/
IMO it seems to be a mixture of truth and fiction, maybe even an explanation to authorities why he had a child with him. Maybe he knew he could be discovered soon and this was to throw them off so he wouldn't get linked back to Manchester. He might have not known Denise and Dawn weren't reported missing. The truths I think that are in the note was Lisa's mother being named Denise (we know that's definitely true) and that she possibly died in 1983. Even some of his upbringing may be true, like having 6 siblings.

To answer your question, it seems Ulos Jenson was spoken rather than written.
I found another article that states that at one point he told people he was born in Wyoming as Ulos Jenson .

So it could be possible that the people he took misheard Ulos and that it could be spelled wrong.

My take on it is that I don't think he would tell people his real birth name on the run, and the last name Jenson likely came from his most previous alias or was the alias he was using at the time. It also doesn't mention exactly when he told people, but it's most likely the late 80's before his arrest, so he either was using Gordon Jenson, or Gerry Mockerman at the time. Him telling people while using his Jenson alias would make the most sense IMO, people do change their first names in adulthood, it's not unusual.

IMO Ulos could be either a completely random name he choose or a vague link to his past, like his father, grandfather, or uncle being named Ulos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220