NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO .... Think we should be discussing where Terry has been in the gap years and if there potentially anymore victims in this thread. And keep the Allenstown 4 discussion in the other thread ... All thou they are so intertwined its hard not to keep the discussions separated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear ya. But it might be hard to separate the middle child from that at this point, since she's his child and was likely with him for some (all?) of her life. I do feel that her isotope map may hold a clue as to his prior whereabouts and is at least worth exploring.

Which is why I'm looking to explain the discrepancy in her map with that of the younger child and wondering if that means she could have arrived in the area more recently than I'd assumed.

Cables were very general and manufactured at lots of places. Yes, there were also manufactured at place where Denise worked. For some reason WS jumped on this idea and from then on people started stating everywhere that cables came from her work. Not correct and also not a fact, just wide assumption made on this boards long ago!

Thanks kindly for that information.

Since the father is deceased, can we figure out what he did for a living to see if Terry learned techniques from him or possible could his father been a killer???

They did determine the bodies in the barrels were bound with electrical cords from his work in NH, right? So that would have to mean the bodies were killed in NH. The isotopes showed areas along the Canadian border, and BE claimed to have married a woman there. Could the woman in the barrel and her two children be from Canada? Someone he met there and they all moved to NH? Have they determined when he started using the name Evans? Was it before coming to NH?

He also claimed he came from a family of 6 kids, which has now proven to be false. Unfortunately, the only thing we can count on from Terry/Bob, is that we can't count on his word.

Since the father is deceased, can we figure out what he did for a living to see if Terry learned techniques from him or possible could his father been a killer???

Yes. He was a shoe repairman and my research indicates that his grandfather was too. Take my word for whatever you wish.

I hear ya. But it might be hard to separate the middle child from that at this point, since she's his child and was likely with him for some (all?) of her life. I do feel that her isotope map may hold a clue as to his prior whereabouts and is at least worth exploring.

Which is why I'm looking to explain the discrepancy in her map with that of the younger child and wondering if that means she could have arrived in the area more recently than I'd assumed.

No worries .... All good here (miles of smiles)

I think the Northeast corner may have been more of a recent isotope than long term ... However Could be wrong ... Have been wrong before

Cables were very general and manufactured at lots of places. Yes, there were also manufactured at place where Denise worked. For some reason WS jumped on this idea and from then on people started stating everywhere that cables came from her work. Not correct and also not a fact, just wide assumption made on this boards long ago!

The reason is that it's in the NH DOJ presentation. Page 23. "Allenstown adult and oldest child were wrapped in material and electrical wire (Carol Cable)."

http://www.doj.nh.gov/media-center/...ts/20170126-allenstown-suspect-identified.pdf

One thing we learned is that he worked at a shoe shop with his family ...in which I'm that family was his parents

Understand AlKa you feel I'm making an assumption and respect your point with the cables. Was a buyer of electrical components for many years this was a specific type cable that was only manufactured and sold through their own outlets ... Unlike some electrical cables that are mass produced and distributed through every electrical supply house across the country making them widely available at any store.

No, I am not stating at all that you are making assumption. I am stating that this assumption has been made on this boards while back and by many. Anywho, just so we are all clear on that I will search for the cable details a bit later on when I get a min and will post it here. It was discussed in January press conference as well.

I think his family (outside of the unidentified child and possible wives/victims) has already been declared out of bounds by the mods.

Thanks Irish! It's so interesting how little overlap there is between those two maps.

I notice that in California and across the southwest, you can see how the two areas fit into each other. Like that little green slice in Arizona that corresponds to the blank spot in the yellow zone. The same isn't true in the east, though; the two zones appear to overlap. And that makes me think that by far the most likely place is those four yellow spots in New England and New York. LE didn't seem to think they were likely, though, and I figured out why. Basically those are areas where there are more moose than people.

The spot at the top of New Hampshire and Vermont is the upper Connecticut River valley, I think. It could run quite far west in Vermont but does not appear to reach the Lake Champlain area. It's isolated and lightly populated. The spot in northern Maine is mostly forests, lakes, and trees, though there are some farming towns that are heavily French-Canadian. The spot in northern New York is mostly the Adirondacks, which again is mostly wilderness. There are towns and major highways running through, but not much population.

Authorities know little about Rasmussen's whereabouts from 1974 to 1978 but say it's likely he spent time in Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon, Virginia and New Hampshire.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2017-08-18/new-hampshire-confirms-identity-of-suspected-serial-killer

What evidence do we have about Terry having been in Oregon and Virgina? I know there was the report he could also have spent time in St Louis/Missouri. Were one of these locations where he would have received military training?

I notice that in California and across the southwest, you can see how the two areas fit into each other. Like that little green slice in Arizona that corresponds to the blank spot in the yellow zone. The same isn't true in the east, though; the two zones appear to overlap. And that makes me think that by far the most likely place is those four yellow spots in New England and New York. LE didn't seem to think they were likely, though, and I figured out why. Basically those are areas where there are more moose than people.

The spot at the top of New Hampshire and Vermont is the upper Connecticut River valley, I think. It could run quite far west in Vermont but does not appear to reach the Lake Champlain area. It's isolated and lightly populated. The spot in northern Maine is mostly forests, lakes, and trees, though there are some farming towns that are heavily French-Canadian. The spot in northern New York is mostly the Adirondacks, which again is mostly wilderness. There are towns and major highways running through, but not much population.

TR did like the outdoors ... I.e. Campgrounds state parks etc.. Rural actually may make sense that the 3 or 4 came lightly populated areas ..

The reason is that it's in the NH DOJ presentation. Page 23. "Allenstown adult and oldest child were wrapped in material and electrical wire (Carol Cable)."

http://www.doj.nh.gov/media-center/...ts/20170126-allenstown-suspect-identified.pdf

Thank you, I stay corrected. This board is flying today and have not seen your post.

Assumption from long ago which I was pointing at was that Denise had anything to do with it just because she worked for the same company as cable used. I thought that was unfounded as he could get those brand cables without any relevance to her. Anyway, moving on.

Authorities know little about Rasmussen's whereabouts from 1974 to 1978 but say it's likely he spent time in Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon, Virginia and New Hampshire.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2017-08-18/new-hampshire-confirms-identity-of-suspected-serial-killer

What evidence do we have about Terry having been in Oregon and Virgina? I know there was the report he could also have spent time in St Louis/Missouri. Were one of these locations where he would have received military training?

No, if you look in the new timelines, you'll see he was in the Navy from 1961 to 1967, so that part has been explained.

The Oregon connection was discussed here a couple of weeks ago. When he was being interrogated about Eusoon Jun's disappearance, before her body was found, he said he had a family property in Oregon and had gone berry picking there.

This article talks about the St. Louis connection: https://www.ktrs.com/new-hampshire-serial-killer-suspect-has-ties-to-st-louis/

It wasn't explained very clearly in a lot of the news articles.

I find it kind of odd that the cables were from her company but she's not the victim. It made more sense when I agreed with you about general mass market cables.

No, if you look in the new timelines, you'll see he was in the Navy from 1961 to 1967, so that part has been explained.

The Oregon connection was discussed here a couple of weeks ago. When he was being interrogated about Eusoon Jun's disappearance, before her body was found, he said he had a family property in Oregon and had gone berry picking there.

This article talks about the St. Louis connection: https://www.ktrs.com/new-hampshire-serial-killer-suspect-has-ties-to-st-louis/

Navy training takes place in a port. Was that port in Oregon or Virginia? That's what I'm getting at. Or were Oregon and Virgina in addition to where he would have received Naval training?

I would be interested to know if Terry spent time in Alabama. So far LE hasn't stated he has. Though some on here speculated he could have spent time in Louisiana.

He stated three instants of death for the woman he claimed to be the mother of D/L .. With as many women he has had could of been any of them

1) Died of Cancer
2) Died in an attempted robbery - Corpus Christi
3) Died in a car accident - Houston

Not in front of my laptop with my noted believe there may have been one more

Though he's a pathological liar, there's always some truths in his statements. It clearly looks as though he's attempting to place a death in the Corpus Christ - Houston corridor. He had some comfortabality in this region having lived there for around 4 years. It was also his last confirmed place of residence before moving to N.H.

So, we're left with a female that visited his kids in Dec 1974 and Terry disclosing that DL's mother died in Texas. My guess is there's probably two bodies lying in the same area somewhere between Corpus Christi and Houston.

What's strange is the isotopes on his daughter found in the barrel show no signs of being in Texas. The two and a half year window (Nov 81 thru March 84) suggests he possibly relocated back to Texas for a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph