NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if he had any siblings now that we know his identity? IIRC someone had posted a while back in this thread some Rasmussens from North High School in Arizona, but I can't locate the exact post. I was wondering if they were siblings or just a shared surname.

Found the post in Thread # 1

Originally Posted by folieadeuxnola

Claimed to have been employed as an installation mechanic at a company called Big Three Industries during the 1970s and 1980s

Big Three Industries (Corporate Office Houston TX) it was acquired by Air Liquide in Aug 1986

Big Three had registered operations in California, Florida, Nevada and Texas

1983 Big Three had a joint venture with GE to construct a Cogeneration Plant (Generation of Electricity) at the Bayport Industrial facility in Pasadena, TX in which is right next to La Porte, TX. The plant was due to be operational in late 1984 Seemed rather interesting based upon Evans electrical background

Just a note Big Three Ind did not exist after Aug 1986, if Evans statement of being employed here is actual then it would have been prior to Aug 1986. This is area is often referred to Bay City all thou not the actual name more of a nickname

Wow. Thank you for finding that! I really wonder if he killed Denise in Laporte, TX or left her body there. It would make sense with his calling her Denise Laporte later. It was a name that he could remember easily if he associated Denise with the Laporte, TX area.

Do we know if he had any siblings now that we know his identity? IIRC someone had posted a while back in this thread some Rasmussens from North High School in Arizona, but I can't locate the exact post. I was wondering if they were siblings or just a shared surname.

We have been asked by mods not to discuss his siblings.

Wow. Thank you for finding that! I really wonder if he killed Denise in Laporte, TX or left her body there. It would make sense with his calling her Denise Laporte later. It was a name that he could remember easily if he associated Denise with the Laporte, TX area.

Your welcome.. Its possible ....La Port is also a last name from French decent that can point right up to the NE seaboard into Canada.

There are many LaPorte's in Louisiana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the link:
Rasmussen was born in Colorado on Dec. 23, 1943. He lived there and in Arizona with his family, and attended Phoenix North High School between 1959 and 1960. But in 1961, still a teenager, he enlisted in the U.S. Navy. During his military time, he served as an electrician in a construction unit on bases across the U.S. West—and also on Okinawa (both stints fit descriptions of his work skills and worldly knowledge of language and cultures that were highlighted by investigators earlier in the investigation). Rasmussen was honorably discharged in 1967.

I had not seen that yet, that he served in Okinawa. Was Japanese one of the languages he claimed to speak?

Also, it is somewhat vague but answers an earlier question about where he was stationed in the US-- "The West". West could mean, California, Colorado, or many other bases but could his familiarity with Oregon have come from some military service there?

And someone was asking if his discharge was honorable. It was.

From the link:

I had not seen that yet, that he served in Okinawa. Was Japanese one of the languages he claimed to speak?

Also, it is somewhat vague but answers an earlier question about where he was stationed in the US-- "The West". West could mean, California, Colorado, or many other bases but could his familiarity with Oregon have come from some military service there?

And someone was asking if his discharge was honorable. It was.
bbm
That was me, and I read that in the article, too, LOL

any clue from Denise family where he met here before they took off?

any clue from Denise family where he met here before they took off?

I don't recall reading anything outside of he ate Thanksgiving dinner with them that year, and that he, Denise and D/L were gone from Hayward St when they went to check up on them a few days later.

MY theory is that they already had male DNA Already in a database, most likely criminal, that they finally matched up to TR.

TR was last reported being seen in Dec 1974 is this the last sighting of TR by only his ex-wife and children and/or does this include his i.e. parents, brother sisters etc..

MY theory is that they already had male DNA Already in a database, most likely criminal, that they finally matched up to TR.

One of the articles posted back in the thread said that investigators asked his son to provide a sample which was used to make the connection.

Since they're talking about his whereabouts for six or seven years before New Hampshire, it sounds like that's the last contact anybody had. But I'm extrapolating from the timeline information. It's not clear.

TR was last reported being seen in Dec 1974 is this the last sighting of TR by only his ex-wife and children and/or does this include his i.e. parents, brother sisters etc..

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Since they're talking about his whereabouts for six or seven years before New Hampshire, it sounds like that's the last contact anybody had. But I'm extrapolating from the timeline information. It's not clear.

We can assume by the articles it was no one (including his own immediate family) however the only one whom made a statement was TR's GD it was not clear if she was speaking for the entire family or just the ex-wife and children. Did the children keep in touch with TR's family (grandparents, uncles aunts etc.) after he was last seen in Dec 1974 or did they even know TR's family at all.

Not trying to bring them out to light by no means (Prayers their dealing with enough as it is) Just looking for clarity family wise of whom all was the last known to see him and if their was any verbal contact i.e. Phone, letters etc.. After the Dec 1974 with his parents, aunts, uncles brothers sisters cousins etc..

Wouldn't they be in Hawaii? Unless they moved back.

NH article only states his ex-wife and children last seen him in Dec 1974. No mention of his immediate family (i.e. Parents, brother, sister, aunt uncle) ever hearing seeing from him again wether it was in person or via letters or phone calls.

All thou those family members may have since passed and by that we may never know if they knew where he was through the years.

https://www.doj.nh.gov/media-center/press-releases/2017/20170818-allenstown-information.htm

"Rasmussen's family last saw him around Christmas of 1974 when he arrived at their Arizona residence unexpectedly to visit the children. Rasmussen was in the company of an unidentified female and stated that he was living in the Casa Del Rey Apartments located in Ingleside, Texas. After this visit, Rasmussen's wife and children never saw him again and never knew his whereabouts or whether he was alive after that 1974 visit."

One thing we do know: he traveled a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member