NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing we do know: he traveled a lot.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Bejezus.... Did he ever ... South east north & west

With TR quitting his job in Texas (June 1978) for another job and still using the name TR ... What ever happened to cause him to take off to NH and start using the RE alias name...

Leads me to believe something bad happened In Texas (June 1978) or sometime right before ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He simply could have killed them elsewhere and transported them by barrel, unless it's been confirmed the barrel's are from that area.

The barrels are from the Waumbec Mill. That was confirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now we know his autobiography was complete fiction. The only things that are true are he had a girlfriend named Denise and she had a daughter. And he was in the Navy. Is there any other connection to Virginia other than what he says? Didn't he also say that Eunsoon went to Virginia? Instead of going to VA, I wonder if maybe one of his victims was named Virginia?

Eunsoon mum lived in Virginia, that is why Bob/Terry said Eunsoon went there, to stay with her.

Gardener or my computer acting up or your question disappeared.

When I researched Eunsoon disappearance and circumstances while back it was mentioned in few original news articles from 2002 and 2003, that her mum lived in Virginia. I don't know if that was confirmed by LE.

from 2017 news article
After Ramos expressed her misgivings, Jun started sending angry letters telling her cousin she couldn’t understand their love and cutting off contact. Ramos wasn’t there when Vanner “married” Jun in an unofficial backyard ceremony in 2001.

Jun also sent her mother, who lived with her, to stay with an aunt on the East Coast, Ramos said. And then she stopped answering calls from relatives and friends.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bob-evans-drifter-accused-killing-6-was-pure-evil-n713536

So it appears that Eunsoon was getting estranged, distancing herself from her own family when she met Bob/Terry.

Gardener or my computer acting up or your question disappeared.

When I researched Eunsoon disappearance and circumstances while back it was mentioned in few original news articles from 2002 and 2003, that her mum lived in Virginia. I don't know if that was confirmed by LE.

from 2017 news article

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bob-evans-drifter-accused-killing-6-was-pure-evil-n713536

So it appears that Eunsoon was getting estranged, distancing herself from her own family when she met Bob/Terry.

Thank you! I deleted my question. Thought I would go find the answer myself. You saved me the time, though.

We can assume by the articles it was no one (including his own immediate family) however the only one whom made a statement was TR's GD it was not clear if she was speaking for the entire family or just the ex-wife and children. Did the children keep in touch with TR's family (grandparents, uncles aunts etc.) after he was last seen in Dec 1974 or did they even know TR's family at all.

Not trying to bring them out to light by no means (Prayers their dealing with enough as it is) Just looking for clarity family wise of whom all was the last known to see him and if their was any verbal contact i.e. Phone, letters etc.. After the Dec 1974 with his parents, aunts, uncles brothers sisters cousins etc..

From this below published timeline, Bob/Terry married just a year after arriving to Hawaii and working for his parents. My assumption would be that yes, his ex-wife would have known his parents/real family.
With him being born in Dec 1943, he was 24/25 when he got married in 1968.

1967 July Discharged from the US Navy.

1967-1968 Moved to Hawaii. RASMUSSEN worked in his parents’ shoe shop.

1968 July 20 Married wife in Hawaii.

1969 Moved to Phoenix, AZ. Twin daughters born.
Worked as an electrician for boss “Otto” (company unknown).
https://www.ktrs.com/new-hampshire-serial-killer-suspect-has-ties-to-st-louis/

PS: What is interesting that he was claiming to be 37 in 1981 arrest. Now this proves to be correct! So he was 66 when he died in 2010.

Virginia was also referenced in the handout, TR stated this in the mid 80's

3. Roanoke, VA

-Evans claimed he married his wife Denise LaPorte here (cannot identify or locate female).

From this below published timeline, Bob/Terry married just a year after arriving to Hawaii and working for his parents. My assumption would be that yes, his ex-wife would have known his parents/real family.
With him being born in Dec 1943, he was 24/25 when he got married in 1968.

But did they keep in touch with TR's family is what I meant. I'm sure his ex-wife met them as that they were all in Hawaii at one point. Did they see and keep in touch with the kids over the years for them to know TR's family or were they going by what information there mother had given them. was the tie broken between them with the absence of TR and the divorce. Sometimes families loose touch ..

Its the thread that binds .... I do not keep in steady touch with my family since my GM passed .. A comment was made by a relative that I could die and they would not know .. Its sad to say but true ..

Bejezus.... Did he ever ... South east north & west

With TR quitting his job in Texas (June 1978) for another job and still using the name TR ... What ever happened to cause him to take off to NH and start using the RE alias name...

Leads me to believe something bad happened In Texas (June 1978) or sometime right before ...

There definitely was a catalyst. Could it have been the divorce? We don't know why she left him. Was it an affair? Child support? It is interesting there was a woman and three girls in one location. And his first family had 3 girls. I am certain there are more victims out there. Some who are safe and some that he killed. We should look at cold cases where remains were found. There are multiple cases of woman disappearing with a child. Was his first victims the woman and child he introduced. Did she find out that he was someone else? So many more questions.

So somewhere in between below years his middle child from barrel is born, if she was 3-4 in 1980/81.

1978 June RASMUSSEN works for the “Brown & Root” Company (currently KBR) in Houston, TX. Record indicates RASMUSSEN “quit to work elsewhere.”

1978 RASMUSSEN contacts friend in Arizona and asks for money. He states he is in Texas working on an oil rig.

1978-1979 (approx.) RASMUSSEN worked at Waumbec Mills as head electrician, Bob Evans.

I would include 1977 into this possibility too, however his whereabouts are not known that year.

I thought people who worked on oil rigs made good money. If he was working why ask the friend for money? Unless this means he called his friend saying he lost his job working on an oil rig... But I don't believe most the stories he told people. Contacting a friend from AZ in 1978 however is a huge revelation and makes me wonder if he maintained any other AZ relationships. Are there any missing/murdered people who went to the same high school as TR?

I thought people who worked on oil rigs made good money. If he was working why ask the friend for money? Unless this means he called his friend saying he lost his job working on an oil rig... But I don't believe most the stories he told people. Contacting a friend from AZ in 1978 however is a huge revelation and makes me wonder if he maintained any other AZ relationships. Are there any missing/murdered people who went to the same high school as TR?

I ditto most of what you are saying. He was in high school only for 1 year though.

1959 – 1960 Attended North High School, Phoenix, AZ
• Stopped after sophomore year
1961 April Enlisted in the US Navy.

I ditto most of what you are saying. He was in high school only for 1 year though.

I know, but he also returned to AZ several times. If he met someone through business who happened to go to his school he could use that connection to get them to trust him.

July 1958-April 1961: Lived in Phoenix, Ariz., with family.

1959-1960: Attended North High School, Phoenix. Stopped after sophomore year.

1969: Moved to Phoenix. Twin daughters born. Worked as electrician for boss, “Otto” (company unknown).

1970: Moved family to Redwood City, Calif., and worked as electrician in Palo Alto. Son is born.

1972: Rasumssen’s daughter born. Rasmussen and wife separate temporarily.

1973 (approx.): Rasmussen and family move back to Phoenix. Works again for “Otto” and works in shoe shop.

1973: Rasmussen’s wife and children leave him.

December 1974: Rasmussen unexpectedly visits wife and children in Payson, Ariz., in the company of an unidentified female. He indicates he is living at the Casa Del Rey Apartments in Ingleside, Texas. It’s the last time his family sees him.
http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20170818/NEWS03/170819310/1006

Looking at this timeline, it's like something kept drawing him back to AZ in those early years. I wonder what happened to make him cut off all ties in 1974?
Was the woman with him in Dec 1974 a victim he knew his family could link to him if they really tried? I really hope LE can ID her. It's maddening that he left a trail of victims and most of them are unknown/unidentified.

Great to hear they have identified him as Terry Rasmussen. Why was he granted a General Discharge instead of an Honorable Discharge? Did he have any runins with the law as TR? I think he might have changed his identity to avoid paying child support.

Yes, a little bit of truth in every lie. Paternal grandfather born in Evanston Wyoming. (Lie= He (Gordon Jenson abandoning L/D in 1985) was born in Evansville Wyoming.
Also found maternal grandmother born in southern Texas. Cousins everywhere......

I know, but he also returned to AZ several times. If he met someone through business who happened to go to his school he could use that connection to get them to trust him.

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20170818/NEWS03/170819310/1006

Looking at this timeline, it's like something kept drawing him back to AZ in those early years. I wonder what happened to make him cut off all ties in 1974?
Was the woman with him in Dec 1974 a victim he knew his family could link to him if they really tried? I really hope LE can ID her. It's maddening that he left a trail of victims and most of them are unknown/unidentified.

Crazy thought... But I just had a thought.. Maybe the reason he kept going back to Arizona because there was a safe haven person that when all hell broke loose he could always get $$$ from this person.. A Parent a Grandparent, Aunt, Uncle or Sibling... Until one day the Well ran dry with this person and he had no choice but to call some friend. Again.. Just a thought at I was reading your post Gardener1850

Crazy thought... But I just had a thought.. Maybe the reason he kept going back to Arizona because there was a safe haven person that when all hell broke loose he could always get $$$ from this person.. A Parent a Grandparent, Aunt, Uncle or Sibling... Until one day the Well ran dry with this person and he had no choice but to call some friend. Again.. Just a thought at I was reading your post Gardener1850

Good thought. That's possible. The timing of the 1978 call to a friend to ask for money may be important as well. If this friend knew his family as well, TR might have played up certain events for more sympathy.

good thought. That's possible. The timing of the 1978 call to a friend to ask for money may be important as well. If this friend knew his family as well, tr might have played up certain events for more sympathy.

exactly!!!!!

There definitely was a catalyst. Could it have been the divorce? We don't know why she left him. Was it an affair? Child support? It is interesting there was a woman and three girls in one location. And his first family had 3 girls. I am certain there are more victims out there. Some who are safe and some that he killed. We should look at cold cases where remains were found. There are multiple cases of woman disappearing with a child. Was his first victims the woman and child he introduced. Did she find out that he was someone else? So many more questions.

OK Here is another thought I had while reading this post... Well we all Know RE/TR had a Drinking Problem... and we all Know he was a Liar... and I recall reading somewhere in the Eunsoon case about him being Lazy... Sooo with that in mind... and me being a woman.. there is Only so much of Drinking Lying and Being Lazy A woman will put up with.. Which brings me to his ex wife.. Probably big factors on why she left..And probably left him Mentally pretty much a mess(more than he already was)..Because He seems to like to be in relationships and cant deal with rejection.

So here is my other thought. He goes off and meets another woman and everything is fine and dandy and now baby comes along and he has his drinking problem is lazy and a liar... The woman puts up with it to a point.. then starts complaining and wants to leave... He gets mad and waits until they sleep and kills them and disposes of them.. Moves on to the next one until the very same problems repeat.. And he does it again.. and again and again and again...

I came across this Jane Doe found in Arizona Jan. 24, 1976 maybe the possible mother of his daughter in the barrel.. Maybe he just wanted the baby and got rid of mom?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1123ufaz.html

Unidentified Female
Date of Discovery: January 24, 1976
Location of Discovery: Maricopa County, Arizona
Estimated Date of Death: 2-6 months prior to discovery
State of Remains: Skeletal remains
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 30-40 years old
Race: Asian and Hispanic
Height: 4'10"-5'2"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Dark brown, approximately 5" long and straight
Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: She had a broken nose in the past that had since healed, and she has had a child or carried a baby close to term.

Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available.

Case History.
The victim's skeletal remains were found east of Luke Auxiliary, south of Happy Valley Road.Near Luke Air Force Base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom