NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK take it from a New Yorker here...I can tell you he DOES NOT have a NY accent!.. He seems to me (I have lived only in NYC my entire life, think.. Fresh Air Fund Kid ha!!) to have an accent of a person who grew up in a smaller town or a place where they spoke much slower.. When I heard his voice first I pictured some kind of Farmer upstate somewhere far.. What I hear is a deep nasally type voice with a light accent.. and then what came to my mind was Sam the Eagle from the Muppets ha!..and John Goodman from Roseanne... Ok that was my 2 cents.

Was this Video taken Before they found Eunsoon's Body and he was trying to say that she had left?..
Do you think he is using the story of the Forest Fire like a metaphor of what was happening?
Like using the Fire as the present Eunsoon situation and driving by and if you have shoes they stop you and make you volunteer. Almost as saying like oh Eunsoon is missing and since I am in the house automatically I am guilty?..But without actually saying it. That is what I was getting from it.. Because I don't understand why he just started rambling about forest fires.. I am trying to get something more behind what he was saying... like when he said about Eunsoon No being as aggressive as before...I felt like that one had a meaning behind it.

Are there any fluent French or native French speakers here? I can't stop think about him using the word aggressive when it was inappropriate in the context of the conversation and what a few of you posted about being fluent in English but sometimes using the wrong word due to thinking in your native language. I looked it up on Google translate and the French translation of aggressive is "agressive". So it's a word that is basically the same. What I'm wondering is if it has slightly different meanings in French? Like maybe it can be used in the same context as our English word but in French culture it also means something else? IDK.

The thing that most stood out to me about his voice and speech is how clearly he enunciates. I normally have trouble hearing voices in recordings, but I can understand nearly every word in the video. That's part of what made me thing of a broadcaster's voice.

He was active on CB radio (forget where I read that). With that and the electrician work, I have wondered if he was into amateur radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a native speaker of either language, but the dictionary I most use says:
agressive {adj. f}EN aggressive high-pressure truculent gladiatorial
agressif {adj. m}EN aggressive hostile harsh confrontational pushy high-pressure gladiatorial truculent

I'm not a native speaker of either language, but the dictionary I most use says:
agressive {adj. f}EN aggressive high-pressure truculent gladiatorial
agressif {adj. m}EN aggressive hostile harsh confrontational pushy high-pressure gladiatorial truculent

Those are pretty much the same meanings as the English word as I understand it. I was just wondering if it had any other colloquial meaning in French. Thanks.

Another dictionary said something about a sails pitch in telemarketing or something like that, but that doesn't fit the sentence at all.

Those are pretty much the same meanings as the English word as I understand it. I was just wondering if it had any other colloquial meaning in French. Thanks.

I studied French for over 6 years, never became fluent, though.
I don't recall there being any type of colloquialism that used that word, but I understand what you are asking.
If you use the French word for cold incorrectly, it could mean you are cold, or you are frigid (in bed). Big difference in meaning, LOL.
Since we aren't seeing the whole conversation about Jun in the video, there could be more that preceded his use of the word aggressive that would put it in context, but I was thinking something along the lines of foreshadowing as well.

I took it to mean confrontational, or feisty, or argumentative, with the point being that they had been arguing less, not more. And I took that to mean he probably killed her in a rage during an argument.

But no matter what he meant by it, it was an odd word to choose.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I took it to mean confrontational, or feisty, or argumentative, with the point being that they had been arguing less, not more. And I took that to mean he probably killed her in a rage during an argument.
But no matter what he meant by it, it was an odd word to choose.

By using that word, it sounds like he was trying to set the stage at little.
He's calm throughout the interview, and I think over thinking what he says. This isn't his first go round with police, so I'm surprised he's even there at all, unless he believed they wouldn't find her.

Madamx, I think this interview was before they discovered her body.

I've been reading these threads and I started wondering about something (that probably was stated somewhere, but I just forgot): since the isotopes say that the victims were together for 2 weeks to 3 months before RE killed them and they all spent time in a more northern climate (maybe together, maybe not) for 3 to 7 months prior to that (if I remember correctly)... do we know if RE spent all that time in Allenstown? Did he live somewhere else? Did he travel for a longer period of time? What I'm getting at is: did he live in the more northern climate with his daughter (and maybe with the other victims)?

Also a possible scenario came to mind: what if he'd given his daughter to the Allenstown Doe just as he gave Lisa away, (his daughter would have been almost the same age when that would have happened), but then the woman came looking for him for some reason (with all the children) and they all ended up dead.

Edit. I found in the other thread that he "was known to be in NH 1977-1981". So another possible scenario: the unknown mother gave her daughter to a friend because she was traveling to NH. She was supposed to bring the girl to Evans because the mother wouldn't be able to take care of her (illness, drugs, financial situation, going to jail etc.). Whatever the reason for the girl to come to Allenstown was, Evans must have used the same alias for several years for the mother to be able to find him, unless he traveled to where she lived.

I've been reading these threads and I started wondering about something (that probably was stated somewhere, but I just forgot): since the isotopes say that the victims were together for 2 weeks to 3 months before RE killed them and they all spent time in a more northern climate (maybe together, maybe not) for 3 to 7 months prior to that (if I remember correctly)... do we know if RE spent all that time in Allenstown? Did he live somewhere else? Did he travel for a longer period of time? What I'm getting at is: did he live in the more northern climate with his daughter (and maybe with the other victims)?

Also a possible scenario came to mind: what if he'd given his daughter to the Allenstown Doe just as he gave Lisa away, (his daughter would have been almost the same age when that would have happened), but then the woman came looking for him for some reason (with all the children) and they all ended up dead.

From what I understand, he was on Hayward St in Manchester from 1977 until the three of them left in Dec. 1981.
Whether or not he traveled during that time for any length of time is unknown. My theory is he was at another mill shut down before he came to NH in 1977, and that was in the more northern climate where the middle child was. I think the four followed him to NH and he killed them shortly after, and he stored their bodies in the basement of Hayward, like he did Jun. Then he dumped them in the barrels in Bear Brook before he left NH.

Sorry for the delay, carbuff! Are you perhaps thinking of the "Shoshone Fire?"

Another try, the system lost my reply...

I was wondering about some things, but I'm not sure what to make of all these random thoughts and questions.

First I was wondering about the bad check. http://www.wmur.com/article/case-timeline-man-known-as-bob-evans-connected-to-6-killings/8643018
"1977 Bob Evans works at Waumbec Mill as head electrician."

"1980 February - Evans was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for issuing a bad check on Dec. 21, 1979 (insufficient funds)."

and Roselvr in this same thread:
"•Late 1970’s – 1980 – Worked at Waumbec Mills in Manchester as a mechanic / electrician."

So how come the check was bad if he was a _head_ electrician? Sounds like a job with a decent salary. Or was the factory already having financial troubles? They did shut down soon afterwards. And was it common for LE to arrest him two months later? (I really don't know much about checks, we haven't had them for decades.)

Second I was thinking he might have been paving his story about financial troubles by issuing a bad check (is that possibe?) but then he would have had to be with Denise at that time already. So maybe that was a coincidence.

Third, did RE and Denise get together before or after L/D was born? Did he know the child would be a girl? I suppose ultrasound wasn't a common thing back then so if they got together before L/D was born he was after Denise, and if after... he was after L/D.

Fourth, how long would it have taken for someone to get a position of head electrician? Could we narrow down his age based on that?

Another try, the system lost my reply...

I was wondering about some things, but I'm not sure what to make of all these random thoughts and questions.

First I was wondering about the bad check. http://www.wmur.com/article/case-timeline-man-known-as-bob-evans-connected-to-6-killings/8643018
"1977 Bob Evans works at Waumbec Mill as head electrician."

"1980 February - Evans was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for issuing a bad check on Dec. 21, 1979 (insufficient funds)."

and Roselvr in this same thread:
"•Late 1970’s – 1980 – Worked at Waumbec Mills in Manchester as a mechanic / electrician."

So how come the check was bad if he was a _head_ electrician? Sounds like a job with a decent salary. Or was the factory already having financial troubles? They did shut down soon afterwards. And was it common for LE to arrest him two months later? (I really don't know much about checks, we haven't had them for decades.)

Second I was thinking he might have been paving his story about financial troubles by issuing a bad check (is that possibe?) but then he would have had to be with Denise at that time already. So maybe that was a coincidence.

Third, did RE and Denise get together before or after L/D was born? Did he know the child would be a girl? I suppose ultrasound wasn't a common thing back then so if they got together before L/D was born he was after Denise, and if after... he was after L/D.
Fourth, how long would it have taken for someone to get a position of head electrician? Could we narrow down his age based on that?

We don't know what led to his job at Waumbec. As I theorized earlier, folks who do/did mill shut downs pretty much followed the circuit, like someone would follow other transitory jobs like a fair or circus. It's possible RE was just going from shut down to shut down at that point.
Investigators believe the name Robert Evans was an alias. I don't think employment records for the mill are still in existence, but if they are, I'm sure investigators are pouring over them, or have already done that. They have been in touch with his former boss (who was also the owner of the Bear Brook store and owns the land upon which the barrels were found).
Either Robert Evans was a real electrician whose identity this guy stole, or he made up the name & the mill didn't check his references or background. It's also possible that he worked for a company that was contracted out by the mill and didn't work for them directly. He may have worked for a third party company that specialized in shut downs, and they would have been the ones to check his background, or not. My old landlord was a welder who did shut downs back in the 90s and she worked for a contractor that mills hired to do it, she didn't work for the actual mill. When they were done, they went on to the next job.
I put the feelers out to my union brothers and sisters in the Manchester area to see if they worked at the mill and maybe recalled this guy (I belong to an electrical workers union). Some of them are old timers and have been around a bit. Haven't heard back.
From what I recall, RE was a drunk, so most likely he drank his money away come payday.
I don't think we've gotten a timeline yet of RE & Denise's relationship. All we know is that Dawn isn't his daughter.

Thanks for the reply :) Would it really take 3 to 4 years to do the shutdown? From 1977 to 1980 (end of year).

Thanks for the reply :) Would it really take 3 to 4 years to do the shutdown? From 1977 to 1980 (end of year).

Some shut downs are for maintenance, but this was a closing of the mill for good.
The paper mill in my town shut down permanently in 2014. The company that bought it dismantled it but kept some parts, like their power plant, and it's still running, last I knew.

Mills were shutting down everywhere in New England, literally dozens, so he could have worked from that one address, for years without leaving the region. Waumbec itself is enormous and yes, it could have taken three years or more.

It's been converted into high end condos. Here's a video tour of what it looks like today: https://goo.gl/images/kttVPw

Sorry for the delay, carbuff! Are you perhaps thinking of the "Shoshone Fire?"
No, he definitely says something about "south" or "southern." But apparently he's speaking in more general terms.

Jeans were still low cut in 1980-81. You could easily push the waistband below your belly.

Signed, Voice of experience

Interesting we both picked up the David Brinkley similarity. He was born and raised in Wilmington NC.

Spooky! I'm a Wilmingtonian. And I can say that he definitely does sound from here. Wilmington is south-eastern NC and accents for the majority aren't too distinct, except for a southern twang with some words, while others how strong southern accents but then again they could have been born someone else. I've lived here my whole life and don't have an accent except randomly I'll have a southern drawl with some words. Other times I can asked often if I'm from Minnesota, New York, or Ohio. It's strange.

About him being rural, I don't directly hear a distinct NC rural accent. My guess is if he is from NC, he was born in the city or a larger rural suburb of a city. My mom is married to someone born in very rural NC and it's the stereotypical kind of obnoxious hick accent. There are larger rural towns though, that are on the outskirts of larger cities that I've known people that came from with little to no accent.

I love that someone mentioned John Goodman! I see it too. He was raised in Missouri. He really sounds like my dad except his voice is deeper. My dad was born in the heart of NC (Asheboro) and lived in Missouri, and South Carolina as well. If he was from Missouri that seems probable to me since he was said to be in Texas in the 70s.

So my guess is he grow up in several southern states like my dad. I'm betting on mid-east NC, SC, or Missouri. God I hope he is not from Wilmington!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms