GUILTY NH - Camden Hughes, 6, suffocated, Hampton, 14 May 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The confidentiality issue with the lawyer has been on my mind all day but I could not fathom a lawyer being so vocal unless she possibly gave him permissions to speak about certain things?

I don't think this will go to trial I think she will plead guilty but what if she decided to fight the charges and council had told the public that he thinks it was to be a murder suicide and admits that she is competent? He already blew a possible insanity defense that way. Harming a child really has no defense in my eyes but I am only thinking about the legal ramifications.

You know, I will admit I do not understand depression and I do realize it is absolutely painful those that suffer with depression. It just blogs my mind in cases like this that JM would choose to end Cam's life instead of giving him to someone until she gets the help she needs. Her Mom (as it appears) is devastated, she will (I am sure) never understand (like us) why JM just did not give Cam to family and get herself checked into a hospital. Just so sad.

I, myself suffer from depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Speaking for myself, I do not understand how JM could take it out on her child. However in one of the articles it was mentioned that JM would not be one that would take meds even if she were to be prescribed them. I know that I will be on my scripts for the rest of my time here on this earth. I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who does not want to take the time to help herself.

So KaraKitty, you are not alone in being boggled by JM.

The mother was covering her tracks. She was lying to her family and making daily excuses to Camden's school about his absence. If the tip hadn't been phoned in to LE, would she ever have stepped forward? She got caught and had no alibi or explanation.

She has family with whom she is in touch; she was not all alone in the world, starving with nowhere to turn. She knew that her family cared for her and her son or else she wouldn't have been checking in with them regularly. This suggests presence of mind to me; all along the way. Her answer to solving her problems, or frustrations or whatever, was to kill her son and leave him all alone and unidentified far from home.

If she wanted to be dead, she would be dead. My sympathy lies with Camden and I hope his mother is held fully accountable for her actions. If that ends up being many years in a mental institution, so be it. Long prison term, fine. She killed Camden, deserted him, and went about living her life and hiding what she'd done. Camden won't be living anywhere and he deserves justice more than his mom deserves excuses, imo.

JMO. Justice for Camden...

I haven't seen this mentioned, but he was killed 1 day before his 6th birthday. His brother, Ian, has a facebook page for Camden and it shows 5/15/05 - 5/14/11.

That must be significant, no?

The confidentiality issue with the lawyer has been on my mind all day but I could not fathom a lawyer being so vocal unless she possibly gave him permissions to speak about certain things?

I don't think this will go to trial I think she will plead guilty but what if she decided to fight the charges and council had told the public that he thinks it was to be a murder suicide and admits that she is competent? He already blew a possible insanity defense that way. Harming a child really has no defense in my eyes but I am only thinking about the legal ramifications.

The legal issue is not huge for Juli. Her Mass appointed lawyer should face his own legal problems with the Mass bar. If she were to be tried in MA it would be an issue. Because she's now in NH an new PD will be appointed. That attorney may argue pre-trial publicity and use Murphys statement as a plausible reason for a change of venue, but it won't affect a trial. I think she may ask to plead guilty if she thinks she could just be put away for ever but it's likely her family and legal counsel will try to get her acquitted via a trial.

There is ask the issue of insanity. I'm not sure how the law reads in ZnH but if she can tell right from wrong she can't use that defense which is a shame because some people do know right from wrong but are impaired enough to act in the wrong way still knowing it's wrong.

Agree with your line of thinking. Would you know if there's a mental competency requirement for extradition?

I haven't seen this mentioned, but he was killed 1 day before his 6th birthday. His brother, Ian, has a facebook page for Camden and it shows 5/15/05 - 5/14/11.

That must be significant, no?

The grandmother says they share the same birthday--March 15th. Maybe it's a typo on the FB page.

The grandmother says they share the same birthday--March 15th. Maybe it's a typo on the FB page.

No, my comment was the fact Camden was murdered on the eve of his birthday (not the fact he shared the same birthday as his older brother, Ian - which I didn't know).

No, my comment was the fact Camden was murdered on the eve of his birthday (not the fact he shared the same birthday as his older brother, Ian - which I didn't know).

No BrownRice, Cam's birthday is in the month of March, not May. HTH. And I believe it was his maternal Grandmother and Cam that share the same birthday.

Edit to add, that Cam's older brother, Ian has made a typo on his FB page if indeed it states 5/15/05.

I wonder what her actual plan was in regard to what lie she had come up with for friends and family when she got home. She could not have anticipated such a great eyewitness seeing her truck and once she knew she was seen I'll bet that threw a wrench in the works. Could she have traveled so far planning to return home and fake a kidnapping at that point? No one knew she left tx so perhaps she was planning to say he was taken in tx and that the kidnapper must have left him in Maine?

No BrownRice, Cam's birthday is in the month of March, not May. HTH. And I believe it was his maternal Grandmother and Cam that share the same birthday.

Edit to add, that Cam's older brother, Ian has made a typo on his FB page if indeed it states 5/15/05.

Ok, thanks. I thought it was odd nobody was commenting on this. Now it makes sense!

I wonder what her actual plan was in regard to what lie she had come up with for friends and family when she got home. She could not have anticipated such a great eyewitness seeing her truck and once she knew she was seen I'll bet that threw a wrench in the works. Could she have traveled so far planning to return home and fake a kidnapping at that point? No one knew she left tx so perhaps she was planning to say he was taken in tx and that the kidnapper must have left him in Maine?

Believe her MA attorney said she attempted suicide while in NH (didn't say if this was before or after Camden's death).

Strange as it may sound...there is a point when a suicidal mind is so suicidal that it inhibits the physical act of suicide. Your mind is deadened but the body just keeps on moving. Could be what was going on with her and she truly had no intention of returning to Texas.

Hmmmm... I was wondering about when this would pop up. Also, I thought that too much cough syrup could cause vomiting and asphyxia could result from choking while drowsy or sleeping. I wonder....

"Hughes' autopsy report, released Wednesday, showed he died of asphyxiation -- a side effect doctors said could result from consuming too much cough syrup."

and

"In a book McCrery authored in 2009 entitled "Goodnight, Sleep Tight," she recommended parents use a small dose of cough syrup to help children feel drowsy."

wow. I can't believe she could think this was safe to do.

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-ir...gh-syrup-for-sons-death-story,0,6426401.story

I've been wondering that too. Maybe she was going to say he died of the cough? But how do you have a funeral? It's so bizarre. The behavior of hers that we are aware of doesn't add up. I think she was still planning her own suicide when she got caught, and was hoping to throw the scent off her trail by making those phone calls. I'm not saying this has 100% logic, but obviously some of her logic was malfunctioning or this would not have happened. I'm not convinced either of them ever had the bad cold. I'm thinking that was a cover all along. What a train wreck. So senseless. Blegh.

I think she planned to sneak back home, report him missing, and swear the invisible nanny kidnapped him. She'd swear she never left Texas and no one would know she did...or that could have been her plan. Maybe she was going to say he went out to play and was snatched or that he disappeared from his bed? She was on 495 at the rest stop, that's well south, back in the direction of home. With that type of distance, it could have (in her mind) taken months to connect the little unidentified boy in Maine to Texas. Imagine her shock when she saw the computer generated picture of Camden. She'd say "OMG, that's my son who was kidnapped/missing!" One kink....she got caught.

I did read that she had attempted suicide and he said that he believed she was planning to take her own life. I am totally on the fence on the suicide because it doesn't make any sense to me that she would leave him in Maine and take her own life later. Wouldn't she have wanted them to be there together in a murder suicide scenario? And if she really was serious about suicide then why was she running? She couldn't actually take her own life but she was obviously capable of following through on murdering her baby.

Knowing that he died by asphyxiation and there were signs of force it breaks my heart. I think that she probably gave him the nyquil to put him in a deep sleep first. I refuse to let myself believe that he was awake and knew that the mommy that he loved more than anything was hurting him

Edited to add, I have seen posted that the asphyxiation could have happned because of the nyquil but this statement leads me to believe otherwise. I think that the nyquil was used to put him to sleep, or perhaps she planned to kill her son with the medicine but it was not working

The bulk of reporters stood out front where they awaited word from Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell.

She said it wasn't until yesterday with the apprehension of McCrery that the Attorney General's office became aware of the New Hampshire connection in the case. She also said she could not comment on the method of asphyxiation that killed the little blond boy, but said, “I believe it requires some application of physical force.”

Here is the article I am referencing

http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110519/GJNEWS_01/110519445

I wonder if he died at the motel why she didn't just kill herself there if that was her plan. Why check out early in the morning to get rid of his body and then start heading south again.....I don't think she had plans to kill herself until she was caught, now that she's caught she wants to die.

I don't have enough info to draw any conclusions yet about her state of mind or what she was or wasn't thinking before she killed Camden. But that's just me and I do respect other's opinions here.

1. I want to know if she had a previous diagnosis of a mental illness by a doc.

2. I want to know what her diagnosis is from the current hospitilization (we might here that as a defense but possible it might not come into defense).

3. I want to know the tox reports and the actual COD and MOD.

4. I want to know if she made a suicidal gesture or an actual suicide attempt. (I know that both are serious but one is a cry for help and the other is an attempt at lethality where the person is rescued prior to the attempt becoming a completed suicide, not argueing the severity of either just saying that for me personally I would get more insight into her state of mind if I knew).

5. The descriptions of her behaviors so far do indicate she might have been suffering from a mental illness but I can't say for sure it is bi-polar, depression alone, or a personality disorder. bi-polars and borderlines have a lot of symptoms in common but they are distinctly different diagnosis.

The only thing that I can say is that loving mothers don't kill their children IMHO. There has to be a disconnect from that child somewhere along the line. That disconnect might very well have come from experiencing mental illness but I don't know for sure yet.

I'll have to reserve my opinons about Camden's Mom until we get more info.

I am going to try to keep track of Camden's threads because he deserves justice for his life cut short. I'm just not sure because of the above questions what would be justice for him at this point in time.

(note: I am not saying that mentally ill Moms don't love their children, I'm not saying that mental illness in Moms always ends up being a disconnected relationship, rather I am saying that if she has mental illness that could be a possible reason for her disconnect with Camden allowing her to kill him).

Even as her son's image was plastered across TV and computer screens nationwide while authorities worked to identify the little boy found dead along a dirt road in Maine, his mother dutifully called his Texas school daily to report his absence.

The last day the boy attended school in Texas was Friday, May 6.

The next Monday, his mother called to report that he was absent because he was ill, and she continued to call this week, saying he was still sick, said Pat Lamb, director of security for the Irving Independent School District.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...STXQhg?docId=c6c0af58c1a34c5093b14501fb19034a

More evidence that this thing was planned out. She gave a cover story to her employers, a cover story to the school, kept up calls and text messages to friends and family as if she were still home. It all points to a plan, rather than a spur of the moment fit of rage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504
Back