Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the SF's FB page and there is a recent post that HE posted on someones page (from TUESDAY at 9:11am !!)that says he lives in canaan, vt. Other older posts state he lives in Stewartstown. I wonder if there have been problems in the home/family and he has been living/staying outside of the home??

OT- THANK YOU for being such a good parent! :hug: My 12 year old nephew has a FB account and my sister, his mother...well, she is an <unusual> parent and does not monitor it so I do. He has over 500 friends! I have the password and delete inappropriate people lol.

Back to the possible teasing... coupled with her teeth and her height (I was also very tall and bullied and called "Olive Oyl" because I was so tall and skinny) I do wonder about it. Sorry, am not trying to mean here, just thinking that kids are so cruel...

OT - Thank YOU for a being a great aunt! Children NEED protection from others AND from themselves! This case has profoundly affected me because my son is around the same age and I SEE the pressures that are on him by his friends who don't seem to have the moral direction or discipline at home that my son has. He is torn and I see him struggle to try and "fit in".
What a difference in attitude between the boy who has spent a day in school trying to be a "man" and the kid who cuddles on the couch with me watching movies and eating ice cream on the weekends! It's like he is being forced to grow up due to the expectations of others who don't have a choice but to be grown.
Make sense?
10 years is not long enough to enjoy the innocence and carefree-ness of childhood when you have 60 or 70 years of adult responsibility ahead of you! IMHO

"Cass would have slept on the living room couch Monday night, her aunt said, because the girl is scared to stay in the basement alone and her sister was sleeping at a friend's house."

snipped from-http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/270569/search-for-girl-intensifies?CSAuthResp=1311872556%3Ahiinsjku5jivf2ft4thm2dgpb3%3ACSUserId|CSGroupId%3Aapproved%3A0D47F9DC14B77B74E376E8E682AEE6CE&CSUserId=94&CSGroupId=1

that is odd....the stuff originally about going in to wake her up made it sound like she was in the downstairs bedroom...SO where did she 'sleep' that night???

Hollye- I couldn't get your post above about this statement to quote.....
but yes that is very interesting- flashbacks of Hailey Dunn sleeping on the sofa:(

She had 35 friends yesterday, now 34.

I always find this very interesting. When friends drop off missing persons FB pages. Why would this be? Don't want undue attention maybe? I just think it is strange. Especially when one person was apparently friends with Celina yesterday, his page was linked here early on, and now he is no longer friends with her. Makes ya go hmmmmm.

She prolly has few friends because there are only 85 kids in the
entire school. In one of the photos, she's wearing a basketball
jersey that says Canaan on it. Since the towns there are so small,
and far apart, they must just have 1 school for several towns.

According to this website http://www.nh.gov/nhes/elmi/htmlprofiles/stewartstown.html ,

Schools students attend: Stewartstown operates grades K-8; grades 9-12 are tuitoned to Colebrook or the State of Vermont (Canaan, VT)

So after 8th grade, the kids either go to Colebrook to attend middle & high school or Canaan Memorial High School, just across the river.

I just looked at the SF's FB page and there is a recent post that HE posted on someones page (from TUESDAY at 9:11am !!)that says he lives in canaan, vt. Other older posts state he lives in Stewartstown. I wonder if there have been problems in the home/family and he has been living/staying outside of the home??

Didn't we establish that the home they are living in (in Stewartstown) is for sale... wonder where they are moving (Canaan?) Or, maybe he moved in with his new wife and still has a place that he lived in previously in Canaan (and uses for his personal business :sick:

I wonder if that means she shares a room with her sister. So sad that she was afraid to sleep alone in the basement.

Her sister sleeps at a friend's house and Celina disappears. Coincidence? :(

And where was her mom, I wonder.
It has been reported that the SF was the last one to see CC,
when he checked on her before going to bed. And he was the one
that went to wake her in the morning & discovered she was gone.

My Hinky Meter is off the charts, going crazy!!!

She does not have that many friends to begin with. Maybe her mom checks fb page, and lets her only have small amount of aged appropiate kids and family. At 11 I would hope so. I find it really weird that her page is not private. But unless she was getting messages from someone, the person would be a friend.

But as she has her own computer in her basement bedroom, and a Facebook page NOT set to private, one has to wonder how monitored she was when it came to who she 'friended' on Facebook. Just because you're friends w/someone on Facebook, doesn't necessarily mean you know them in real life. I know people who 'met' playing games on Facebook, on message boards, in chat rooms, etc.

Honestly, all of her 'friends' may be her age AND her friends in real life. But it would only take one 'fake' friend who makes a fake account, and one vulnerable kid....

I don't know which way I'm leaning on this one. Abduction, runaway, hinky crime in home and covered up...:waitasec:

So I am wondering if her SF was the ONLY one to see her that night, and that is why they are looking for other sightings of her before she went missing.

It makes a lot of sense IMO!! Especially after last nights Nancy Grace when they talked about the comment that he made.

Like I said guys... you all here have followed several cases in the years of being on Websleuths and even possibly before. When have you EVER heard of a parent make the comment "She better get her butt home" in regards to a possible kidnapping when asked if said child could hear you right now what would you say? RED FLAGS!! I agree with everyone I think the stepfather.

Didn't we establish that the home they are living in (in Stewartstown) is for sale... wonder where they are moving (Canaan?) Or, maybe he moved in with his new wife and still has a place that he lived in previously in Canaan (and uses for his personal business :sick:

Do they own that home? I was under the impression in was owned by someone else and they were renting rooms ...?

I always find this very interesting. When friends drop off missing persons FB pages. Why would this be? Don't want undue attention maybe? I just think it is strange. Especially when one person was apparently friends with Celina yesterday, his page was linked here early on, and now he is no longer friends with her. Makes ya go hmmmmm.

I would think especially for a child, his mother (father) may have done the same thing i did and deleted the page, especially after seeing what it may have the potential to lead to!!

hmmm..was it the same guy who dropped off??

On theory that has been bouncing around in my head is that if there had been a history of teasing (lets face it kids are mean and we all probably have been the target at some point in our lives) that there could have been a few older kids that created a face facebook or instant messaging account that could have been flirting with her and stringing her along just to later tease and prank her and see how far it could go. and we've all heard the cases where that led to horrible crimes against the child by the older children. it could have been that some kids lured her outside at night making her think she was gonna meet a cute boy and something bad happened. but i wouldn't think in such a small town that kids would have been that good at hiding a crime. especially if it involved multiple kids. they have a tendency to talk and make mistakes. Just a theory - which is sad that this day and age comes to my mind. i hope this has a happy ending. With LE kinda being tight lipped, it makes me think they have some leads and are watching someone and waiting for that person to go on the move. this story just breaks my heart as a parent.

Yes and no. She has 34 'friends' on Facebook. That's 34 people who may or may not be 11 that are ON Facebook that didn't really bother to even 'like' a post she wrote. To be fair, I have no idea how interactive kids that age are on Facebook--according to TOS an 11 year old shouldn't be on Facebook. We also don't know how she 'friended' these people. Strangers can send you friend requests and you can send them to strangers. On the flip side, they could all be really good friends of hers and none of them happen to comment ever. Who knows...:waitasec:

Just because we (including her mom?), can not see who all is posting comments on her wall,
doesn't mean that there aren't a whole slew of comments daily.

You can also make it so only certain or none FB friends can post in your comment section.

I can read at my nephew's FB, but he has it so that his mother & I can not actually write anything on there.
("Parents & old folks get carried away & post corny things".)

"Cass would have slept on the living room couch Monday night, her aunt said, because the girl is scared to stay in the basement alone and her sister was sleeping at a friend's house."

snipped from-http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/270569/search-for-girl-intensifies?CSAuthResp=1311872556%3Ahiinsjku5jivf2ft4thm2dgpb3%3ACSUserId|CSGroupId%3Aapproved%3A0D47F9DC14B77B74E376E8E682AEE6CE&CSUserId=94&CSGroupId=1

that is odd....the stuff originally about going in to wake her up made it sound like she was in the downstairs bedroom...SO where did she 'sleep' that night???

Maybe when she wasn't found to be asleep in the living room her SF went down to her room,thinking she had slept there ? The comment about her being too afraid to sleep alone in the basement is interesting. Had she slept in the living room before because she felt afraid ? Had anything happened to make her fearful in the bedroom downstairs ? Sounds like she shared the room with her 13 year old sis ? Also, I'm curious to know how long Celina had lived there.... MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow