Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"3 years on, girl's unsolved slaying haunts town"

"CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — An 11-year-old girl whose disappearance prompted a massive search before her body was found against a dam in the Connecticut River remains a haunting presence in her small rural town.

Celina Cass was last seen hunched over a computer in her family's apartment in West Stewartstown on July 25, 2011. Three years later, no one has been charged with her death, which investigators have called a homicide.

"The kids who were her close friends are still dealing with this," said Towle, whose family owns the gas station and convenience store across from Celina's apartment in northern New Hampshire. She said news of an arrest would be cause for celebration.

"Without that, it just kind of rubs it in your face that whoever did this is still out and about," Towle said."

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/3-years-on-girls-unsolved-slaying-haunts-town

_h473_w840_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

Three long years later and no resolve nor any sign of an attempt to resolve this case. Long gone are the days of hope and optimism that LE was just keep the cards close to their chest. This is another unsolved case with no one bugging LE to solve it, no one crying out over the lack of justice. Only silence, extreme silence as the case grows colder. :( Celina deserved better.

Celina Cass was last seen hunched over a computer in her family's apartment in West Stewartstown on July 25, 2011. Three years later, no one has been charged with her death, which investigators have called a homicide.

Luisia Cass released a statement Friday to News 9's Amy Coveno:

"To everyone who has lost a loved one. God will see justice no matter if it’s here on earth or after life. And to all the mothers that are going through what I am when my life went to hell in a hand basket God took me somewhere. Where I was not functioning there but would express my feeling of overwhelming loss & destroyed my family. I’m so lost without my sense off being a mother. O how I miss my sweet mommy’s girl I was never alone. I still hear Celina’s voice, mommie. And always looking for Celina in the back seat. Laughing & singing. I’m just here always & lost beyond words could ever say.

"I wake up crying & the same at night. I pray to God & Celina every night, we need justice please. But it would never bring my sweet baby girl back. The persons or person whoever destroyed my life forever. People say it’ll get better. No it doesn’t. You’re not the parent or relative who has to deal with the loss and a sister whose best friend Celina who’s gone, or even Celina’s friends or teachers. Celina would have graduated from the 8th grade this year.

"Loved beyond words could ever say and missed every day. But I’m still here, how, only God knows that. Forever lost, mother Louisia."

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/celina-cass-case-remains-unsolved-3-years-later/27048128#ixzz38VVDSTOp

I suspected the step father when this first happened. I still do.

I still am leaning towards a female, due to the body being wrapped in a blanket and put in water.

Sadly, I think Wendell (and his mental illness) was a red herring. I think there were so many people in the house and with access to the house that the killer was completely overlooked.

Of course, if it turns out there was a sexual assault, I'd be inclined to change my mind.

leaning towards female also...you aren't alone
yes, a possible... convenient sort of... red herring?

red herring or fall guy?

If I'm correct and the killer was female, I'd be inclined to think they used WN's truck to set him up, knowing he'd be looked at, knowing what his FB page looked like, knowing his past, etc.

I wish they'd release cause of death.

yes, would like to know COD
would love to know if it was ever established where the blanket came from...IIRC she was wrapped in a blanket? Or was that the body bag she was placed in to retrieve her body form the water? Sorry I may not recall correctly....
and it was never stated if she was clothed?

This is one cold case that I felt LE could have done better. They may have told mom more and maybe showed her the blanket. But the public could maybe have helped if they had released more info. As a last ditch effort maybe????

from you link iamnotagolem....they never released any toxicology reports either did they? Not even something as vague as anything positive or negative in a report.

Celina deserves justice. I can't fathom losing my baby girl and just sitting by quietly for 3.5 years.

from you link iamnotagolem....they never released any toxicology reports either did they? Not even something as vague as anything positive or negative in a report.

Correct, no information has ever been released.

This is one case that has made me furious. No clue what happened, nobody talking, nobody fighting for this poor girl. She was found in water dead...end of story. Ok everybody move on, nothing to see here.

This is one case that has made me furious. No clue what happened, nobody talking, nobody fighting for this poor girl. She was found in water dead...end of story. Ok everybody move on, nothing to see here.
It's just pitiful. Seems to me like no one in LE or the legal system gives a damn.

I'd like to know more about the teen family friend that was living there, and had just returned home around the time she went missing.

And there was talk of people partying and laughing on the porch that evening. I'd like to know more about them.

I think if it was the step-father, he would have been arrested already. He is not exactly a master mind. I think he was possibly a scapegoat.

I think about Celina all the time, I try to post on her thread on a regular basis. Does her family talk about her? Do they reach out to the media? Or LE? Do they have the same "nothing to see" here attitude that seems to prevail with the community?

Why was there no apparent effort to clear the family and move out from there?

Generally I get frustrated b/c murdering children and hiding their bodies is apparently how you get away with it. But this case? They found her body and her murderer is still getting away with it.

Celina deserved a long, happy life.

Did they look into any angle besides Wendell?

Another month, another year, how often does her mommy visit her grave? How frequently does her sister utter her name? Do they talk about Celina with family and friends? Is there any attempt at keeping her memory alive?

No one cares. :( :( :( :( :( :( That may be the hardest part for me to accept, not that she was murdered most likely by a family member who professed to love her, but that no one cares that she's dead and her murderer walks around free to do as she/he pleases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back