Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still hoping that, if her death is ruled a homicide, we will have an arrest today or tomorrow. They seem that efficient to me!

I think it is entirely possible.

If they can arrest 3 acquaintances for a murder within 2 weeks... then I think they can certainly make an arrest in this case IF it IS close to home.

If by some chance it was a stranger crime, that's another story. But I'm not getting that impression at all.

I am having a terrible time with this site, is anyone else? About 20 minutes ago they said on NECN that the press would start in 45 minutes.

AMITY, I am seeing green dots. I think WS is having server problems.

Amity, I think WS is having server problems. FWIW I am seeing green dots.

I'm seeing the green dots also, but having problems loading pages and thanking posts.

AMITY, I am seeing green dots. I think WS is having server problems.

I've been having trouble for the last 45 minutes...and had success only once in that time....got the Ooops! over and over. Everytime I would try and refresh...Ooops! :maddening:

Totally an aside, but the truth is, males are much more likely to be the victims of crimes than women, and much more likely to go missing. We don't act like that as a society - we act like our young men aren't vulnerable, but they're more vulnerable to going missing than our girls are.

Looking at missing persons sites, and unidentified remains sites, males outnumber females by about 4 to 1.

You're right -- if we're talking about victims of crimes...males are victims vs. women.

However, in cases of missing children, About 74 percent of the victims of nonfamily child abduction are girls.

I don't know if Celina was abducted by a stranger, walked away, committed suicide, or any other scenario out there.

Based on the identity of the perpetrator, there are three distinct types of kidnapping: kidnapping by a relative of the victim or "family kidnapping" (49 percent), kidnapping by an acquaintance of the victim or "acquaintance kidnapping" (27 percent), and kidnapping by a stranger to the victim or "stranger kidnapping" (24 percent).

Stranger kidnapping victimizes more females than males, occurs primarily at outdoor locations, victimizes both teenagers and school-age children, is associated with sexual assaults in the case of girl victims and robberies in the case of boy victims (although not exclusively so), and is the type of kidnapping most likely to involve the use of a firearm.

I think in this case, we're looking at some sort of abduction, whether it was a family or stranger abduction.

I'll have to wait until the presser to hone in on more info.

Thanks for letting me think out loud. :)

MOO

Mel

Source: http://www.parents.com/kids/safety/stranger-safety/child-abduction-facts/

I just got back on now....:( Hope I can refresh...

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9OS867O1@news.ap.org>&ps=1011

STEWARTSTOWN, N.H. (AP) — Investigators have returned to the river where the body of an 11-year-old New Hampshire girl was recovered.

Several police cars and a police evidence van arrived Tuesday evening at the Connecticut River near the dam where divers found the body of Celina Cass. Law enforcement officers quickly set up a tent. Orange markers dotted the grass leading to a railroad trestle.----------

As authorities tried to determine how an 11-year-old girl wound up dead in a river near her house, her neighbors considered canceling their annual children's fair. Instead, they decided to go forward and to dedicate the weekend event to the memory of Celina Cass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV