Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I find to be odd: a unsolved murder victim's family choosing to ride in a parade and choosing to participate in Mardi Gras behavior.

Not judging, but it is VERY odd to me...especially for a family determined to avoid the media and insisting they have been told not to speak. I will take a wild guess that the townspeople decided this was the only way they could think of to "honor" the family and leave it at that.

The fair was dedicated to Celina. The band marched to an upbeat tune for most of the parade - but honored the little girl as they passed by her home.

"It was one of Celina's favorite things to do, was dress up. They wanted to honor Celina's memory by dressing up," said family friend Debbie Whelan.

http://www.wcax.com/story/15222406/celina

Louisa Noyes sat in a metal folding chair on a flatbed trailer, flanked by photos, flowers, hand-drawn posters, and even several local girls — including Celina’s older sister — wearing Celina’s prized princess costumes.

The float, a last-minute entry in the Stewartstown Day parade, came together Friday night at the urging of Celina’s older sister, K, 13, Baglio said.

A team of about a dozen children and adults gathered outside the girl’s house after Friday’s festival fireworks, working by the light of car headlights to put the rolling tribute together.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...s_pull_together_for_celina_cass_at_town_fest/

“Memories Never Fade,” read a banner attached to a float filled with children and stuffed animals. “May Celina RiP.”

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110807/NEWS03/708079979

I guess we all view these things differently, just as different families grieve differently and make choices during that time that they think are right for them. We're not going through what they are.

I think it's great that they are making their own choices despite the criticism they were sure to get from some outsiders.
You might enjoy articles by Sally Karioth, Ph.D. ;)
(I am joking/teasing with you in a very light-hearted and friendly manner.)

It would depend on the quality of the sample and what tests they were trying to preform and mostly, the backlog and speed at which the lab is working. Mostly the backlog. DNA can be done in hours under optimal circumstances. Supposedly, from what was reported, when Osama bin Laden was killed they had his DNA tests back in hours.

And on that note and totally O/T, I would like to mention how sad the loss of our SEAL Team 6 members makes me. They were stationed here where I live and all of the flags all over town are at half mast for them. RIP to our heroes. :(

Being a molecular biologist has its advantages... DNA testing can certainly be done in hours. Actually I have been known to type a bacteria and issue a report in just under an hour. But what happens in forensic DNA testing is that there are a limited number of labs that run it for this purpose, there is ALWAYS a backlog that you need to get around (and they can/do prioritize hot cases) and doing it all under the SOP guidelines for forensic work makes it even slower. But certainly it is not unusual to have a 24 to 36 hour turnaround if the samples are rushed. So I would think that any DNA testing evidence should be complete enough by now to make identifications.
Tox tests suffer from the same fate as DNA. In a typical hospital, routine tox test results can be gotten in under an hour if it is an emergency... but having to use a forensic protocol in a forensic approved lab which has a backlog... adds time. And some tests chosen may not be routine.

My opinion, an arrest will happen this week. I think if it is the SF, they are in no hurry as he is not going anywhere. But if he happened to check out, that may cause things to move quicker. If it is KM well, I am not convinced that he is currently a free man as he seems to be completely MIA. He may have some unpaid parking tickets or a parole violation that we don't know about.... lots of times, LE can find some cause to hang on to a person they know will be charged in a matter of a few days. I AM JUST SPECULATING.

You might enjoy articles by Sally Karioth, Ph.D. ;)
(I am joking/teasing with you in a very light-hearted and friendly manner.)

:giggle: Ah yes, the expert in magical thinking!

I can't escape from the terrible sense that leaders in this town of 800 did not want to reschedule their annual festival. It is possible that to appear less callous/insensitive to an extremely recent murder victim and THEIR own family (many are related to Celina or her stepfather's family) that they dedicated the festival to Celina hoping that this would make not rescheduling their celebration appear less distasteful/unsympathetic.

Actually, I thought I read that mom and AL were never married...so kind of unusual she would use his name for one child and not the other...confusing for the kids, IMO.

I read that too, so I don't know if LN has ever been married before she married WN. Does any one know? The different last name for the girls must have been confusing for the girls. Sure is for me.:crazy:

The fair was dedicated to Celina. The band marched to an upbeat tune for most of the parade - but honored the little girl as they passed by her home.

"It was one of Celina's favorite things to do, was dress up. They wanted to honor Celina's memory by dressing up," said family friend Debbie Whelan.

http://www.wcax.com/story/15222406/celina

Louisa Noyes sat in a metal folding chair on a flatbed trailer, flanked by photos, flowers, hand-drawn posters, and even several local girls — including Celina’s older sister — wearing Celina’s prized princess costumes.

The float, a last-minute entry in the Stewartstown Day parade, came together Friday night at the urging of Celina’s older sister, K, 13, Baglio said.

A team of about a dozen children and adults gathered outside the girl’s house after Friday’s festival fireworks, working by the light of car headlights to put the rolling tribute together.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...s_pull_together_for_celina_cass_at_town_fest/

“Memories Never Fade,” read a banner attached to a float filled with children and stuffed animals. “May Celina RiP.”

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110807/NEWS03/708079979

This tiny town of 800 could have postponed their annual festival celebration. Her funeral service has not even occurred. LE had just recently found her (very possibly) MURDERED remains .

I'm really not seeing a problem with the festival and/or parade float in her memory. Then again, I come from a wake family. I really think that everyone will perceive this differently, because it's very much a culture and personality thing.

Still, I don't see why we're criticizing, particularly Celina's mother. She's a victim, no?

This is the first article that I have seen that said Celina was on the FAMILY'S LAPTOP computer. They must have shared the computer and just taken it room to room.

If they only had one laptop between them, and Celina was last seen using it in her room the night before, this would perhaps mean WN went to get the laptop and found her gone at 8-8:30.

Then posted to that nice lady on Facebook at 9:11. :waitasec:

I'm really not seeing a problem with the festival and/or parade float in her memory. Then again, I come from a wake family. I really think that everyone will perceive this differently, because it's very much a culture and personality thing.

Still, I don't see why we're criticizing, particularly Celina's mother. She's a victim, no?

I don't think it's so much a criticism of Celina's Mom but a notice of oddness. The average person just days of discovering their daughter has been killed and dumped like trash in a river isn't normally seen riding a float down the middle of town...annual parade or not.

I can appreciate where Celina's sister was coming from and if LN was there aboard that float for the sake of her surviving daughter then I give that woman a lot of credit. I would not have been able to do that...and frankly, it was almost painful to witness this poor mother on display like that.

I would not even consider this wake-like...not even close...just odd.

Just my two cents worth concerning carrying a body. Think about how a soldier would pick up and carry a wounded comrade. Celina was wrapped in a blanket. She could have been pulled forward to a sitting position on the bed and the person could just squat down and sling her over their shoulder and just stand and go up the stairs with her.

This is the first article that I have seen that said Celina was on the FAMILY'S LAPTOP computer. They must have shared the computer and just taken it room to room.

And once again in this article, there is no mention of KM living in the home.

Does anyone know Celina's date of birth? TIA

At many funerals in funerals in New England anyway, after the funeral over, guests are invited to a party of sorts afterwards. In other instances, instead of a funeral, friends are invited to a celebration of the deceased life. This involves what most of us would call a party - a joyous occasion to celebrate the person's life. Keeping that in mind, I don't see where the town-wide parade and festival can be considered inappropriate.

One of the Colebrook Chronicle stories says that CC's mother was the last to see her on Monday night at about 9:30. Most accounts say WN was the last to see her at 9:00.

This tiny town of 800 could have postponed their annual festival celebration. Her funeral service has not even occurred. LE had just recently found her (very possibly) MURDERED remains .

Why would it be incumbent on the town to postpone the parade?

I think you could make a very compelling case that coming together as a community is a critical part of the grieving process, and a reaffirmation of the community's solidarity in the face of immense tragedy.

Postponing the parade could have sent the opposite message, exacerbating the fear, anxiety and depression that was clearly rocking the small community.

At many funerals in funerals in New England anyway, after the funeral over, guests are invited to a party of sorts afterwards. In other instances, instead of a funeral, friends are invited to a celebration of the deceased life. This involves what most of us would call a party - a joyous occasion to celebrate the person's life. Keeping that in mind, I don't see where the town-wide parade and festival can be considered inappropriate.

We do this. In fact, after my Dads wake, and then a day or so later his funeral Mass, we rented a hall and had a big gathering. Some tears, but mostly laughs, good food, and lots of drinks. ;) I remember my aunt and I sharing a wry laugh about how it was the biggest and best party with all Dad's friends and family, that it sucked that it was the one party he couldn't be there for! ;)

I just dont see anything odd about the float, which was the idea and creation of Celina's sister, a child herself... Nor about the parade - which was already scheduled, and I think perhaps many adults were concerned for the children of this small town, who were probably gripped with fear and sadness for the days that Celina, someone most probably knew or knew of from school, was missing, and then found in a river. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange