Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it be incumbent on the town to postpone the parade?

I think you could make a very compelling case that coming together as a community is a critical part of the grieving process, and a reaffirmation of the community's solidarity in the face of immense tragedy.

Postponing the parade could have sent the opposite message, exacerbating the fear, anxiety and depression that was clearly rocking the small community.

I agree with this. If they had had their annual festival instead of looking for her when she was still missing, I would agree that it was in poor taste. However, CC is gone...to honor her memory and come together as a community would seem like the best thing for everyone. (As to the mother riding on the float...that I can't speak to. It does seem odd to me, but maybe only because I'd be so heavily sedated I'd have to have been tied to the float.) MOO.

And once again in this article, there is no mention of KM living in the home.

For what it's worth, this article didn't list Celina's sister as living in the home either. Just said Celina lived with LN and WN.

This tiny town of 800 could have postponed their annual festival celebration. Her funeral service has not even occurred. LE had just recently found her (very possibly) MURDERED remains .

I completely agree.

My post was about the family only... pointing out that the float was done to honor Celina.
That her family was not dancing around in dresses they ran out and bought like they were going to a celebration.
They were wearing dresses that meant something to Celina and doing this for Celina.
That this was something started by her sister, not her mother.

It wasn't the family's decision to not postpone it... and I probably would have waited till next year to do a float for Celina.
However, if it was important to my surviving child I probably would have tried to do it for her.
I think if Celina's sister had begged her mother to hold a press conference while Celina was missing, she may have done that too.

I bet this was very healing for all those who worked on that float, to feel like they were doing something.

This is the first article that I have seen that said Celina was on the FAMILY'S LAPTOP computer. They must have shared the computer and just taken it room to room.

This is either a sex crime or not a sex crime.

If this was a sex crime, LE might still be looking for Celina's body unless this was the perps first-time experience. Even SO's have to begin somewhere, right? Or, if it was an experienced perp s/he might consider her/himself to be 'superior' and felt no need to fully disappear Celina's body; no evidence on Celina, blanket(s) or anywhere near the discovery site, or other crime scenes, etc.

If this was not a sex crime and Celina was intentionally murdered we might speculate this was the result of Celina having found / witnessed something that would cause unwanted trouble for the perp?

Rough-play gone awry? Accidental? Not likely, why 'hide' Celina's body?

One wonders if the family had set a schedule as to when each member could use the laptop?

Was 9:00 PM a typical time for Celina, or for someone else to be using the computer?

Did Celina happen to sit down at the computer immediately or some time after it had been used by another member of the household?

Did Celina witness something on the computer someone did not want her to witness?

Perhaps an already-logged in FB account / page?

Or....

Was Celina being involved by an unknown, someone who was grooming her either via on-line email or visits via knock-knock on a basement door or window?

Did Celina leave the dwelling of her own free will that evening to meet up with a someone unknown to the family / LE?

Was the blanket part of an "evening picnic"?

Of course, all of the scenarios above are speculation.

Applying an Occam's Razor perspective, we ask: what is the most likely scenario?

Given the multitude of missing young girl cases that have been discovered to have been a sex crime, we might assume the same in Celina's case.

Family or family 'friend', or a stranger?

Applying an Occam's Razor perspective, we ask: whom is the most likely perp?

Given the multitude of sex crimes having been committed by a family member or family friend, we might assume the same in Celina's case.

Primary crime scene inside or outside the dwelling?

Applying an Occam's Razor perspective, we ask: where is the most likely location of the primary crime scene?

An answer probably depends on whether it was a family/friend or stranger.

At this point it is not practical for me to expand on this tree since I am not privy to additional case evidence and at the moment I do not recall statistics necessary for additional logical speculation.

Anyone else up for the task?

I guess I am confused as to why the family makes a plea for the child's safe return in the first place. Simply from a practical standpoint, I'm wondering if it has ever brought a child home (?) Does anyone know?

Not that I don't see the emotional perspective behind begging that a child be let go/sent home, etc. But does it actually ever help the case?

I completely agree.

My post was about the family only... pointing out that the float was done to honor Celina.
That her family was not dancing around in dresses they ran out and bought like they were going to a celebration.
They were wearing dresses that meant something to Celina and doing this for Celina.
That this was something started by her sister, not her mother.

It wasn't the family's decision to not postpone it... and I probably would have waited till next year to do a float for Celina.
However, if it was important to my surviving child I probably would have tried to do it for her.
I think if Celina's sister had begged her mother to hold a press conference while Celina was missing, she may have done that too.

I bet this was very healing for all those who worked on that float, to feel like they were doing something.
The participation in this very public event may cause some of the family members to feel unneeded shame/embarrassment at a later time. They will have enough anguish to emotionally work through and didn't need another possible additional issue.

This family would benefit from professional counseling to address the devastating fact that their very young family member was (likely) murdered. They need a victim/crisis center counselor to step in to offer assistance to help them through this unthinkable horror.

I think I read that Celina's family has a dog or dogs. Hard to imagine in a house with several residents, no one would wake up at the sound of the dog barking (that sound is much more likely to wake most people than other kinds of noise), which I think would have happened if someone was hurting Celina in the home. For that reason, I think she was taken away from the house in a vehicle, and that's where she was either killed or brought somewhere remote to be killed.

I'm no expert, but if in fact she was wrapped up and then put in the water, it goes to depersonalization of her and that IMO would be a result of rage, not horseplay gone awry.

BTW, does anyone know which of the house's occupants goes to work other than LN?

I think I read that Celina's family has a dog or dogs. Hard to imagine in a house with several residents, no one would wake up at the sound of the dog barking (that sound is much more likely to wake most people than other kinds of noise), which I think would have happened if someone was hurting Celina in the home. For that reason, I think she was taken away from the house in a vehicle, and that's where she was either killed or brought somewhere remote to be killed.

Does anyone know if KM works?

I don't honestly believe she left the house alive.

Interesting...

WEST STEWARTSTOWN– On July 26, 2011, our lovely daughter Celina Marie Cass was taken from us.

July 26, 2011 is a Tuesday.

The phrase, "taken from us", has dual meaning but I wonder if the family was offered by LE that Date / TOD was July 26 .. or is it the family believes Celina was spirited away from their home that Tuesday, which implies Celina might still had been accounted for very late Monday evening, perhaps to just before midnight?

I'm guessing it's more a (for drastic lack for a better word) 'convenient' date.

The silence is deafening.
No reports, we know nothing making this case so frustrating to work on.........JMOO

Does anyone know if KM works?

I've never read anything that mention a dog or dogs. Not have I seen any in any of the pictures. I do know she had one cat and another cat that may still be a kitten. I've seen a cat wandering around in some of the pictures of the folks gathered around the house.
If you find reference to a dog, please post it, because I don't think you are right, but I am not sure.
Not that it matters, because not all dogs bark at strange noises (some of mine sleep more soundly than I do), some dogs don't bark at intruders at all (one of mine hides under the bed) and if it were a family member then likely the dog would not bark.

I don't think a date in an obituary means much when it comes to a criminal investigation. It's just the date when the funeral home and family assume she died, not necessarily what LE might conclude later. I don't know what the status of a death certificate is right now, but that might even say the 26th.

http://www.secaucusnewjersey.org/police-still-baffled-of-suspicious-death-of-celina-cass-6321.html

Mysterious Death Of Celina Cass

During police investigation, it was found that 11 year old New Hampshire Girl Celina Cass had mysteriously disappeared, according to her stepfather Wendell Noyes. Celina Cass was last seen in her bedroom, playing a computer game, the night of July 25, 2011. Wendell Noyes was seen in the driveway before discovering the body of Celina Cass in the Connecticut River. There are still no suspects and Noyes, who was medically discharged from the Air Force as mentally ill, has been uncooperative to answer police queries.

This is the first article I've read that reports WN as being "uncooperative".

If true .. that changes things a bit ..

I've never read anything that mention a dog or dogs. Not have I seen any in any of the pictures. I do know she had one cat and another cat that may still be a kitten. I've seen a cat wandering around in some of the pictures of the folks gathered around the house.
If you find reference to a dog, please post it, because I don't think you are right, but I am not sure.
Not that it matters, because not all dogs bark at strange noises (some of mine sleep more soundly than I do), some dogs don't bark at intruders at all (one of mine hides under the bed) and if it were a family member then likely the dog would not bark.

bbm

I disagree. Barking isn't always "danger danger will robinson!".

Some barks are happy or welcoming barks, such as doggie welcoming a family member in to the room.

It all depends on the inherent demeanor and training of the doggie.

I disagree with your last statement. Even if we use your statistics, there is a 10% chance the killer is UNKOWN to celina and a 90% chance the killer is KNOWN to her.

Your scenario doesn't narrow the field of possible killers at all. It just places all possible killers in two categories in which once out of 10 times the killer is found to be in the UNKNOWN category and 9 times out of ten the killer is in the KNOWN one.

I did not present a scenario, I presented the facts as known. We know for a fact that in crimes like this, against children under the age of 12, approximately 90% of the time the victim knew the perpetrator. We also know (or suspect), at this point, that the crime began (and possibly ended) in the victim's home.

This further narrows the field.

She wasn't snatched walking home from school, she didn't vanish from a park or playground, she didn't disappear from her front yard (and note that even in THESE cases, nine in ten were not random acts by strangers); Celina vanished from her home at night.

I don't think a date in an obituary means much when it comes to a criminal investigation. It's just the date when the funeral home and family assume she died, not necessarily what LE might conclude later. I don't know what the status of a death certificate is right now, but that might even say the 26th.

Ultimately, that was my point.

Which date is listed on the DC ... ?

HLN having a tiny segment on Celina.........kids dressing up for her.
People say they will NEVER forget Celina.

but no one seems really sad or scared???

I don't honestly believe she left the house alive.

See, I'm not so sure--because they've let the family back into the house so quickly. I think if the house itself were a bonafide crime scene, LE would still have it locked down. If they'd gotten all the evidence they needed from the house, I would expect that they'd already have arrested a suspect.

FBI has a new app for Apple devices for parents for the FBI missing children ..
mark Klass says this is a necessary!!! I- devices and coming soon for other devices!

HLN having a tiny segment on Celina.........kids dressing up for her.
People say they will NEVER forget Celina.

but no one seems really sad or scared???

..or angry. Everyone SEEMS so accepting of Celina's death. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member