Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People were implying that was CC's sister. I could not imagine how it could be she certainly is not 13 years old. ty

No no it is a friend and neighbor

BBM

Have you personally ever lived in a hamlet, village, or small town in northern New England?

New Englanders are a very stoic bunch. We do not wear our emotions publically.

I seem to remember s'thing about the local helicopters were not strong enough and/or
did not have the right equipment for recovery, so they called in a Black Hawk.

I remember at WMUR people asking why the recovery was taking so long, and were told: waiting for the Black Hawk.

really I am moving towards the bedroom....

this is exactly what I remember, waiting for the Black Hawk. I also think I remember something about it was going to be here yesterday but it didn't get here....? something... trying to make sense of why they waited so long to recover the body if they knew about it

Seeing those pics of Celinas mom on the float, I again think she appears sedated, and barely there, and certainly grieving. I don't see her, or even the girls, as being "celebratory" at all. I think Celina's sis wanted to do this float for her sister that she loved, and it looks like Mom is going along to be there for her both her daughters. Perhaps she is so medicated that she's just following suggestions from others, at this point?

I see nothing joyous, or disrespectful of Celina, or party-ish about any of the pics. I see a mom who is obviously grieving, and a few girls who are trying to remember their beloved sister and friend the best way they can figure out how to. :( :confused:

Maybe her mom is the type of person who can't say "no" to people she loves, and especially her remaining daughter at this time.

BBM

Have you personally ever lived in a hamlet, village, or small town in northern New England?

No but I grew up in a small town of 300 in very rural Kansas. When I was 6ish a little girl was missing from a nearby town. The entire county was on high alert and in panic mode. That's the closest I can come to relating.

It seems like the mother knows. Which would explain why she doesn't seem to be seeking info. Also, again, just my opinion, but could it possible that the " suspect " is not being apprehended yet because they know exactly where that person is and want to wait, not freak that suspect out and risk not being able to get any additional answers they are seeking, like whether or not it was premeditated...etc...sorry but I'm trying to be careful in what I say because they have not named poi .

It seems like the mother knows. Which would explain why she doesn't seem to be seeking info. Also, again, just my opinion, but could it possible that the " suspect " is not being apprehended yet because they know exactly where that person is and want to wait, not freak that suspect out and risk not being able to get any additional answers they are seeking, like whether or not it was premeditated...etc...sorry but I'm trying to be careful in what I say because they have not named poi .

Or maybe, just maybe... he was not at his baseline of normal thinking.
Maybe, just thinking, he's in a hospital on meds & getting stablized,
so he can be interrogated & hopefully co-operate with LE?

New Englanders are a very stoic bunch. We do not wear our emotions publically.

BBM

Your response is EXACTLY the reason why I posted the question in the first place! As many of those who are following the CC threads already know, I lived in the North Country for 11 years, and for whatever it's worth, it's my opinion that more than a few folks who post here are not familiar with the North Country or even northern New England in general.....

Celebration of life is not just held in New England.
We have them here in Calif. Usually if the funeral is family members only, there is a celebration of the persons life, sometimes held a week or so after, There will be an announcement in the paper, usually at the end of the obit. They invite all friends and family to come and share, what they remember about the person in their life.

BBM

Yes, for decades I lived in one. When a local young lady was raped and murdered, the entire town was outraged. Many people stood in the court house yard and shouted "JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER!" for weeks after her body was found. The demonstrators were so upset that they could be heard for blocks. Others held signs demanding immediate justice. When one drove within a block of the courthouse, everyone honked their car horns repeatedly to support Jennifer's family. Nobody was throwing candy to the crowd or waving like nothing was wrong from a parade float. If there had been a local store that sold pitchforks and torches, LE would have needed to remove them.

Maybe her mom is the type of person who can't say "no" to people she loves, and especially her remaining daughter at this time.

BBM

You've said a mouthful here (perhaps unwittingly) and I, for one, will be interested to see if your speculation is correct as time goes on, and the facts of this case emerge from LE. Thank you for your post.

BBM

You've said a mouthful here (perhaps unwittingly) and I, for one, will be interested to see if your speculation is correct as time goes on, and the facts of this case emerge from LE. Thank you for your post.

YES. It seems the living situation would indicate that she was not able to say no. And she was perhaps too trusting and somewhat naive. imoo

BBM

And how do we know they didn't?

I'm not saying they didn't. I haven't seen it reported, but they could have watched that location all night. Of course, I wonder about the loss of evidence. If a fish bites off a finger that had DNA under the nail...if the body floats away...etc. If a reporter thought they had identified "a bag" a day earlier, I wonder whether he asked about that. It doesn't sound the reporter who mentioned the bag got any additional information. Perhaps he/she didn't think to ask about it. I hope they clear it up.

Celebration of life is not just held in New England.
We have them here in Calif. Usually if the funeral is family members only, there is a celebration of the persons life, sometimes held a week or so after, There will be an announcement in the paper, usually at the end of the obit. They invite all friends and family to come and share, what they remember about the person in their life.

Yes they have them all over the country but I wonder if they usually have them in a situation like this? I mean there is still a sick &*^% out there and could be in the parade itself. To each his own I guess but IMO its too soon at least wait until the full Tox report comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueeyes1981