NH NH - Connecticut River Valley Killer (1980s)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let me show you. I plugged in Northampton, since it is a larger town in Massachusetts.

You can see the Pisgah State park, and so on just south of Swanzey, NH.

Also, in another direction? Mount Monadnock.

Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 8.34.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2024-05-29 at 8.36.12 AM.png

Here you can see how this general area borders NH, VT, and MA. If you go to maps yourself, you can enter the names of any of the places you see, zoom in or research and see how rural they really are. In 2022, Saxtons River had a population of 476 people. Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 8.37.52 AM.png

If you want to "streetview" something, and REALLY understand what I mean about rural, etc. This is what you can look at. It will give you a feel for Unity, etc especially.

There is all kinds of creepy swampy isolated backwoods land out here where you lose cell service, etc. I have never seen LE on this road. Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 8.41.27 AM.png

Search yesterday by local and state LE at a "brick residence on Ayers Rd in Newport, NH"

Well, ok, they don't know who this murderer is yet, and there may be multiple murderers involved in this case. They may never know (although I sure hope not.) Have they actually ruled Nicholaou out? Unless they rule him out specifically, anything's possible.

No idea what this is about, scarce details, could be anything,but noting: Human remains unearthed from backyard of Concord home, police say

Human remains were unearthed and recovered from the backyard of a home in Concord, police said.

Police said the remains were moved to the New Hampshire medical examiner's office.

The remains were found at the same location where police spent days searching. Police were seen at a property on Airport Road on Thursday and neighbors told WMUR they were there until Saturday.

"So they were digging Friday night, all day Saturday and it looked like they found something Saturday afternoon around 2 or 2:30. Then an hour later they started packing up," neighbor Russell Smith told WMUR on Sunday.

Other neighbors said the house had recently been purchased by a company that flips homes.

No idea what this is about, scarce details, could be anything,but noting: Human remains unearthed from backyard of Concord home, police say

Human remains were unearthed and recovered from the backyard of a home in Concord, police said.

Police said the remains were moved to the New Hampshire medical examiner's office.

The remains were found at the same location where police spent days searching. Police were seen at a property on Airport Road on Thursday and neighbors told WMUR they were there until Saturday.

"So they were digging Friday night, all day Saturday and it looked like they found something Saturday afternoon around 2 or 2:30. Then an hour later they started packing up," neighbor Russell Smith told WMUR on Sunday.

Other neighbors said the house had recently been purchased by a company that flips homes.
Unrelated case, but any chance this could this be Amanda Grazewski? Derry's about 30 minutes from Concord and they're connected by I93.

Includes photos of the person who owns the house, and more info

"
Returning to the question of whether he harmed or killed the victims of the unsolved murders, Champagne replied “I didn’t even know them.”

Reminded that a person does not have to know someone to hurt or kill them — and requesting a direct “yes” or “no” answer to the question — Champagne repeated his earlier response, saying “Pretty unlikely. Not in my world at all … not in the slightest.”

Investigators took with them two “antique Samurai swords” that he kept in a gun cabinet and “bush” knives used to cut meat and a “meat cleaver” that had belonged to his father, a supermarket butcher, Champagne said."

Last edited:
In case anybody else was as confused as I was, the remains that were found were a completely unrelated search from the search in Newport. It looks likely to be drug related according to local reporting; not to discount the importance, just that it's unlikely to be relevant to this thread. Concord Police Recover Body At Former Airport Road Drug Den Site: Watch

Last edited:
In case anybody else was as confused as I was, the remains that were found were a completely unrelated search from the search in Newport. It looks likely to be drug related according to local reporting; not to discount the importance, just that it's unlikely to be relevant to this thread. Concord Police Recover Body At Former Airport Road Drug Den Site: Watch
I know a separate case...but the Concord body has been identified.

Sorry, not trying to confuse anyone. There was some speculation locally that the remains in COncord could be connected, so I shared it here when it first hit the news.

This is from May 22nd though. Not Breaking--the same event when it was searched and a couple of knives were removed.

As far as I am aware, nothing has changed in this case as a result of the search. I posted a recent interview from same paper with the man who owns that house. No arrests, etc.

Some information on these cases isn't publicly available, but If there was a gunshot to the head for one or possibly more of these cases, would that be able to be used to try and find a connection?

Mary Harrison
1981 unsolved homicide of Mary Harrison.
Address:
Hinsdale

Year of Death or Disappearance: 1981
City/Town: Hinsdale

Mary Harrison, age 22, was reported missing by her husband, Walter Harrison, on October 15, 1981. Mary and her husband lived on Broadbrook Road in Ashuelot (Winchester), NH. Her body was found by a hunter on October 30, 1981 in the woods near Monument Road in Hinsdale. An autopsy determined that Mary died as a result of a gunshot wound to the head.

2012 Article - Mary Harrison
whoever did it must have known the area to take her to the secluded spot.
But it was no accident, according to one of Harrison's sisters. Centmehaiey said police told her Harrison had been taken from her home and sexually assaulted before being shot to death.
the woods where Mary's body was found are close to Interstate 91.

Pamela Webb
The 1989 unsolved homicide of Pamela Webb.
Address:
Franconia

Year of Death or Disappearance: 1989
City/Town: Franconia

Pamela Webb, age 32, of Winthrop, ME, was reported missing on July 1, 1989. She was last seen wearing a denim skirt, sweater, and possibly moccasins. Pamela was on her way to see her boyfriend in Mason, NH, when she disappeared. Her 1981 blue Chevy pickup truck was found on the side of the road in the southbound lane of I-95 in Biddeford, ME. There were signs of a struggle near the truck. Her skeletal remains were discovered in the woods off Route 3 in Franconia, NH, on July 18, 1989. The medical examiner concluded that her death was the result of homicidal violence of an unspecified nature.

Sonya Moore
Address:
Dunbarton

Year of Death or Disappearance: 1989/1990
City/Town: Dunbarton

Sonya Moore, age 14, was last seen on November 2, 1989 when she left home at 36 Summer Street, Penacook (Concord), NH. Her body was found on April 7, 1990 in Stark Pond in Dunbarton, NH. Sonya's body had been in the water for a significant period of time and was discovered when the ice melted. The medical examiner concluded that her death was result of homicidal violence of an unspecified type.

Family of Webb have stated online that the details about Mary's homicide match Pamela's. However publicly Webb's profile states of an "unspecified nature"

I wonder if Sonya Moore was also found assaulted and with a gunshot wound to the head?

John Philpin, who consulted with police during the investigation. This is what he has to say about their encounter:

"Philpin does not believe that the Connecticut River Valley Killer has resurfaced. He believes he knows who is responsible for those crimes: a tow truck driver who committed suicide a while back."

Interesting considering this information regarding Pamela Webb’s case.

1989 murder of Maine woman remains unsolved
Webb was last seen alive on July 1, 1989. Her blue 1981 Chevy pickup truck was found along the side of the southbound side of Interstate 95 in Biddeford. The truck’s passenger side rear tire was flat and a spare tire was seen leaning against the tailgate. Maine State Police said there were signs of a struggle and blood stains on the pavement near the passenger side of the truck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back