NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 1 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey McSpy, I wasn't aware that SM had a brother... what's the source of the info about the brother being involved?

Sorry, I could have sworn there was mention of a brother in a news article. If so, I can't recall where I saw it. I may have misspoke on it.

Sorry, I could have sworn there was mention of a brother in a news article. If so, I can't recall where I saw it. I may have misspoke on it.

There was definitely mention of a brother, McSpy. I remember it clearly. Will go back through early posts and see if I can find it.

There was definitely mention of a brother, McSpy. I remember it clearly. Will go back through early posts and see if I can find it.

Apologies for the self-quote, but here's the first mention of a brother:

NH NH - Elizabeth J. Marriott, 19, UNH Durham student, 9 Oct 2012 **arrest** - Page 17 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A couple of posts afterward is another mention. I could have sworn there was a brief discussion about whether the brother was with SM that night, but now I can't find it. Maybe it was removed by mods? Or, I'm totally losing it and it never existed. I really do recall there being more mentions than what I'm finding. <scratches head>

Apologies for the self-quote, but here's the first mention of a brother:

NH NH - Elizabeth J. Marriott, 19, UNH Durham student, 9 Oct 2012 **arrest** - Page 17 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A couple of posts afterward is another mention. I could have sworn there was a brief discussion about whether the brother was with SM that night, but now I can't find it. Maybe it was removed by mods? Or, I'm totally losing it and it never existed. I really do recall there being more mentions than what I'm finding. <scratches head>

Hmm, that's odd. I ask because I don't recall Seth having a brother (and AFAIK he was the only one of his family to attend our high school). Maybe it was a typo or something? I also can't find any direct sources or articles that reference a brother.

I am pretty sure I remember a reference to a brother, too. I'll also look.

Police say Elizabeth 'Lizzi' Marriott, the 19-year-old killed during an attempted sexual assault on October 9 in Dover, New Hampshire, was the victim of a violent strip poker threesome.

Police affidavits describe a text message suspect Seth Mazzaglia sent his then-girlfriend, Kathryn McDonough, that described a lurid detail a bondage sexual encounter and suggested McDonough include a friend, someone to 'offer' to him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rip-poker-threesome.html?ico=ushome^headlines

This case makes me very angry. I don't even believe the strip poker game happened. Seth M is trying to put some blame and responsibility on Lizzi. I think it is a lie. I think she was tricked with another method by this couple of perverts and was killed for their sick, twisted enjoyment. I don't think Lizzi had a clue she was an "offering" until it was too late. JMO

I agree. In previous articles Kat said she and Lizzi had planned to take pictures at a cemetery together, but Lizzi never showed up. I believe she lured her there with the ruse that they were going to take pics together at the cemetery, but instead when she walked in the door they jumped her and attempted to make her submit. I'm also disturbed that after she passed out from a "seizure" while Seth and Kat were strangling her, they wrapped in head in a plastic bag and tied it tightly. The assumption is that they were afraid she might still be alive and they wanted to insure she would never tell on them. Like you, I'm angry and disappointed that any blame is being laid at the feet of the victim. As an area resident, it really bothered me to see Kat out and about in the downtown area laughing with a new young man. Made me shake my head wondering what that man would be doing with her.

I still look for clothing, jewelry, anything ... when walking in this area. What WOULD happen to a body in the water for this length of time? The ocean is cold here. Would that help to preserve it?

And WHY is KM not in jail herself. Some "friend" she turned out to be.

I highly doubt that Lizzi was a willing participant in anything that went on that night. Shame on this group of liars (by that I mean KM, SM).

I still look for clothing, jewelry, anything ... when walking in this area. What WOULD happen to a body in the water for this length of time? The ocean is cold here. Would that help to preserve it?

And WHY is KM not in jail herself. Some "friend" she turned out to be.

I highly doubt that Lizzi was a willing participant in anything that went on that night. Shame on this group of liars (by that I mean KM, SM).

Salt water is very corrosive, so I doubt there will be a body. More like skeletal remains and possibly scraps of clothing. Nature takes over fairly quickly, IMO. I don't know for sure though.

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/gi...lty/-/9857858/20998894/-/58dcuyz/-/index.html

Edit- There's also a seacoast online article: http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130716-NEWS-130719797

"Charged in connection with the alleged murder of a University of New Hampshire student, Kathryn McDonough, 19, is scheduled to plead guilty and be sentenced later this month.

McDonough will enter one or more guilty pleas and be sentenced during a two-hour hearing on July 25, according to Rockingham County Superior Court records. The court files do not cite details about any negotiated plea deal McDonough may have arranged with prosecutors from the state attorney general's office."

http://www.vnews.com/news/state/region/7806357-95/woman-sentenced-in-student-killing

By Lynne Tuohy
Associated Press
Friday, July 26, 2013

Concord &#8212; Kathryn McDonough sat at the defense table &#8212; sometimes stoic and sometimes sobbing &#8212; as nearly a dozen members of Elizabeth &#8220;Lizzi&#8221; Marriott&#8217;s family berated her for betraying Marriott&#8217;s trust and luring the 19-year-old University of New Hampshire sophomore to her death.

<snipped>
McDonough was sentenced to 1½ to 3 years in prison and taken into custody at the end of the two-hour hearing.

McDonough&#8217;s plea agreement calls for her to testify against Mazzaglia.

1 1/2 to 3 years? Really?!?!?!? She better have something real good to say when called to testify.

Oh, I agree! I have no doubt she helped hold down Lizzie. Makes me sick!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal