NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 1 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read and seen in the arraignment, there's more to the story but much of it is "sealed" due to being part of an ongoing investigation. The state has also requested more time to investigate this issue. In the state of NH, the state has 90 days to essentially get its case together after someone has been arrested. In this case the state is asking for a continuance of those 90 days, I would guess this is because they are looking to investigate KM and that would be supported by the arrest date for KM. In other words, by waiting almost 90 days from SM's arrest to arrest KM the state would have good grounds for a further continuance to further investigate SM. You'll also note at the arraignment the DA says that the charges go beyond conspiracy, but the full extent of the charges are sealed. Given that NH statute allows bail conditions on something like conspiracy to be much lower or none at all, for the court to impose a 35K bail indicates there is much more to the charges. I was also suprised to read that her place of residence up to this point has been with SM's parents. I don't know about you, but if my boyfriend committed murder and I wasn't somehow connected with the murder, the last place I would be is anywhere near him or his family. So, I do believe she was involved in more than just giving SM an alibi and I do believe she knows where LM is. My hope is that with the severity of felony charge and all that will do to her any future she may have, she'll seek a lighter sentence in exchange for information so LM's family can at least bring their child home.
I was angered when KM's atty said this was a ploy to scare KM by putting her in jail on Christmas. LM's parents didn't have their daughter home this Christmas either and will never have another Christmas with their child, and LM's only crime in this whole thing was haven't the bad luck to be friends with these two loonies and apparently being a nice person.

One more thing, I did notice the DA referenced an affadavit from a witness and I can't remember the name. That may be the person who gave information about what happened to Marriott and where her body is.

Interesting proceeding taking shape here.

KM was allowed to roam very freely while the iron was hot on the search of finding Lizzi’s body. Obviously not a threat.

No Body. Obviously no one is talking or media would be bursting with charges based on facts.

So LM is picked up. Whatever her role in this if there is one is being proposed as one who hindered an investigation some how-we don’t know –the records are sealed.

So is SM now squirming due to her arrest on these charges? I don’t think so.

If a deal could have been struck with KM it would be before now-if there is one to be had.

Yes, this is a terrible tragedy which has been tainted by the taboo of sexual innuendo which some how makes everyone look guilty.

But Lizzi is gone—tragic I believe.

I will stick to my gut and say again that I don’t believe she went into the water at the island. But, precious time was spent on that premise which has yielded little.

Now a case must be made with no body.

I hope her family is well and that Lizzi’s spirit is at rest because I think that is the only justice for all.

God knows I don’t condone a murder. But let’s not try people on their preference of sexual appetite.

I hope LE is looking for facts in an honest to goodness punishment for murder and not something that went wrong among people who—I’ll go on a limb here-cared for one another in a way that most folks would consider high on the hinky meter.

MOO, with highest respect for LE and all family.

I could be wrong, but maybe KM didn't want to talk to LE. So they arrested her, because there is evidence she has been protecting him and obstructing justice. Let's hope she fesses up, because he isn't worth it!!!

If KM is smart, and up to now she surely hasn't been, she'll be the first to the DA's office with the story. Thing is, SM is going to eventually understand the full consequence of the charges against him and without a body he could claim KM killed LM and that he was covering for KM. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we see the next article claim KM was the killer and SM was merely taking the blame for her. And he'd have a good story since KM was living with his parents and apparently remaining in contact with him. KM didn't fear him or his family, kind of odd if SM was the murderer. He could paint her as the the manipulator and femme fatale. A young girl entrenched in fantasy and play acting who went too far. Part of me has wondered if ABC had it right when they pondered whether KM had commited the murder and SM had only covered it up. As I posted before, without a body, anyone can claim anything.

If KM is smart, and up to now she surely hasn't been, she'll be the first to the DA's office with the story. Thing is, SM is going to eventually understand the full consequence of the charges against him and without a body he could claim KM killed LM and that he was covering for KM. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we see the next article claim KM was the killer and SM was merely taking the blame for her. And he'd have a good story since KM was living with his parents and apparently remaining in contact with him. KM didn't fear him or his family, kind of odd if SM was the murderer. He could paint her as the the manipulator and femme fatale. A young girl entrenched in fantasy and play acting who went too far. Part of me has wondered if ABC had it right when they pondered whether KM had commited the murder and SM had only covered it up. As I posted before, without a body, anyone can claim anything.

Maybe this all depends on whether there were other witnesses. Wasn't SM's brother involved in some way?

Makes me wonder if KM planned this with SM. Since she was his girlfriend, maybe she knew about his choking obsession and was trying to appease him by tricking Liz into partying with them--- then it all went horribly wrong. I can't think of another reason to hold back the truth, unless she was involved. Yet, maybe she is in love and that is her mindset, but perhaps some jail time will loosen her tongue. Obviously, they caught her in some lies, which was enough to put her behind bars.

I'm thinking the police have enough to arrest and hold her, but their main objective is to pressure her into telling the truth and to tell it on the stand in court. I think they really want to get a solid conviction against SM. Just some thoughts-- no facts.

SM and KM had enough time to commit to a senario that would protect both of them in the instance they were detained/arrested or charged.

I am not an attorney and I assume neither of them has great knowledge of the legal system.

However, I believe it is possible for two persons to perpetrate a situation that would in effect minimize LE in their attempts to bring anything but the minimum as charges.

Unfortunately, for some, there are legalities that arise allowing any perpetrator minimum punishment due to lack of hard evidence.

Lizzi is missing.

LM has entered no plea and KM is under the microscope as a possible lead.

The case of evidence must go before the grand jury by the end of Feb. unless some other suspect is revealed and LE asks for yet another continuance to continue their testing and investigations.

In the end I hope some level of legality is left to let others know and learn that the arm of the law is tattered on occasion. But still has a lengthy reach.

All my own opinion with great respect for all those involved. RIP Lizzi where ever you are.
:twocents:

I just started at the beginning of this case and read through everything. I remember it from the early days but haven't been following closely. The whole thing reminds me of Meredith Kercher's death... (depending on who you believe). So sad.

1200 pages is approaching a novela.

I wonder what is missing in those notes and such to prevent a presentation to the GJ?

RIP Lizzi where ever you are.

All MOO with all due respect.

The recent blizzard in New England may have caused remains to wash up in the Wright/Wells disappearance in Kennebunkport. Hopefully the storm will also bring Elizabeth back to her family in Portsmouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal