NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 1 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

If you google the guy's name (name only, no quotes, it'll be the first of the FB's that pop up about 8 results down on the first page) that was arrested, two FB's pop up.

The one with the middle initial "L" has a partial wall you can see (and it says he's in Dover and Portsmouth).

Anyway, it doesn't show a lot if you're not his friend, but looking at his page, look at the Oct 26, 2011 thing he posted. I didn't click on the link, but reading the text, it's basically all about escaping an abductor. Very odd given what he's arrested for...

He's very well trained in martial arts (a sensai SP?). She didn't stand a chance against him.

It is very odd that one of his favorite tv shows is Dexter and one of his other interests/favorites is Portsmouth NH Police Department!

This is so scary. All I can figure is they got a confession, or found her blood or something, seeing as they have not found her body & are sure she is deceased. Her poor family & friends.

Perp:
url

I am wondering if this might have been an accident of some kind. This guy strikes me as a drama club/sci-fi fan. Weird.

I've been following this on my friend's wall on FB. She lives in Westborough and her daughter is a friend of Lizzie. I'm sorry to see that it has ended this way.

I am wondering if this might have been an accident of some kind. This guy strikes me as a drama club/sci-fi fan. Weird.

That's what I was thinking based on some of his FB stuff.

Then again, I guess it could just show often bad guys don't necessarily "fit" with what we expect, either.

The thing that really has puzzled me most is that avoiding abduction type video on his FB from less than a year ago. I don't get how someone goes from that to killing someone.

I'm anxious to hear more.

And, of course, prayers for all who loved Lizzi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217116/Lizzi-Marriott-FBI-joins-search-college-student-19-vanished-way-visit-friend.html

One of the comments under the article says they have located her body. I'm not sure if this is correct, so won't write out here what was said.

Granted it's the DM, but interesting that he's been in the same community so long, teaching kids, etc. The people willing to comment by name to apparent reporters all seem surprised.

"Robert Modee, who is a Kittery, Maine, martial arts instructor, confirmed that Mazzaglia is an expert in karate and that he trained with the suspect for almost 20-years.

'He's been with me, training with me, since he was probably 10 or 12 years old,' Modee said.

Indeed, just before his arrest, Mazzaglia had been giving martial arts lessons to children at the Kittery Community Center said Modee.

'I don't understand what's going on right now,' Modee said. 'I'm completely floored with all this. I don't even know what to think.'"

And...

"One former cast member, Brett Wulfson said she remembered Mazzaglia as a pleasant man, 'very involved with self-defence.'"

Sometimes 'good' people snap. In the worst way. What most of us would never do so we can't imagine it. Was this possibly a rejection by Lizzie of his advances??

The article says they have not found her body.

FWIW, they keep changing the news :banghead:

I copied a headline that said they found her and it was changed (though the link still works.)

:please: for her family.

From that same link above:

Downey said she had never heard Marriott mention Mazzaglia, and that the two were not in a relationship. Downey said she had a “casual conversation” with Marriott on Tuesday about her classes, and nothing seemed amiss. The conversation came just hours before her disappearance.

Nicole’s mother, Dawn Downey, said Marriott was a “beautiful girl” who was the prom queen at Westborough High School, where she graduated in 2011. However, she said, Marriott was “too trusting.”

Not sure if Patch is allowed? If so, more info from the Downeys here on who Marriott was going to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18