NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 1 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I remembering correctly that Lizzi's cell phone was pinged somewhere around 9:30 in Dover and about 10:10 halfway between Dover and Durham? If so, that raises a lot of questions I haven't seen mentioned.

Am I remembering correctly that Lizzi's cell phone was pinged somewhere around 9:30 in Dover and about 10:10 halfway between Dover and Durham? If so, that raises a lot of questions I haven't seen mentioned.

Answered my own question.......
"Investigators pinged Marriott's cell phone, which indicated a signal around 9:30 p.m. in the Dover area. Another ping indicated that she was somewhere between Dover and Durham around 10:10 p.m., possibly in the area of Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, according to another aunt, Becky Tyning of Beverly, Mass."

If she left UNH shortly after 9 she would be in the "Dover area" by 9:30. But being in the vicinity of Wenworth-Douglass Hospital at 10:10 is puzzling. The hospital is not in the vicinity of Mazzaglia's apartment. It's over 2 miles away. I don't know how accurate cell phone pings are, but if the location given is accurate, then Lizzi, or at least her phone, had left the apartment and was headed in a northerly direction and in the opposite direction one would head if they were going to Pierce Island. Also, 10:10 would be only a half hour or so after she arrived at the apartment. That seems like a short time for a sexual romp and a murder to take place.

"Investigators pinged Marriott's cell phone, which indicated a signal around 9:30 p.m. in the Dover area. Another ping indicated that she was somewhere between Dover and Durham around 10:10 p.m., possibly in the area of Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, according to another aunt, Becky Tyning of Beverly, Mass."

If she left UNH shortly after 9 she would be in the "Dover area" by 9:30. But being in the vicinity of Wenworth-Douglass Hospital at 10:10 is puzzling. The hospital is not in the vicinity of Mazzaglia's apartment. It's over 2 miles away. I don't know how accurate cell phone pings are, but if the location given is accurate, then Lizzi, or at least her phone, had left the apartment and was headed in a northerly direction and in the opposite direction one would head if they were going to Pierce Island. Also, 10:10 would be only a half hour or so after she arrived at the apartment. That seems like a short time for a sexual romp and a murder to take place.

Well spotted! And it does indeed raise more questions. Maybe she went there before going to the appartment?

There are 2 cell towers within reach of these apartments.

Is it possible he was in a panic when he couldn't revive her, was taking her to the hospital, realized she was dead, and headed to Portsmouth? Someone in a panic isn't thinking clearly -- what wouldn't make sense to us through a rational lens makes perfect sense to someone in full panic mode. If her cell was on her (in a pocket, etc.), it would be pinging as he drove her. Just speculating.

Also, wondering if the scream someone heard was the girlfriend and not Lizzi.

Just because it's reality, doesn't make it morally right or socially acceptable.

Well I am certainly glad that I live in a country that doesn't dictate morality to me. I also don't think it is up to you to decide what is "socially acceptable". That is something which varies among the wide variety of ethnicities and lifestyles of the people who inhabit the United States.

Was thinking about different lifestyles, risky behavior, etc, and I've come to the conclusion that Life itself is risky behavior :couch: After all, none of us are going to make it out of here alive :please:.

The worse car accident I had was when I deliberately decided to go a different way because I thought it was safer! It's all a matter of things like wrong place, wrong time, and/or wrong person, wrong time.... though true, some things place us in situations that are riskier - sad case of Mickey Shunick, riding her bike at 2am comes to mine..

Is it possible he was in a panic when he couldn't revive her, was taking her to the hospital, realized she was dead, and headed to Portsmouth? Someone in a panic isn't thinking clearly -- what wouldn't make sense to us through a rational lens makes perfect sense to someone in full panic mode. If her cell was on her (in a pocket, etc.), it would be pinging as he drove her. Just speculating.

Also, wondering if the scream someone heard was the girlfriend and not Lizzi.

There are 2 cell phone towers that her phone pinged from. One is closer to Durham and the other one is right next to WDH. A friend that lives a few streets up from here (closer to Dover) cannot use her cell phone in her apartment if it hits off the one closer to Durham.

I have heard that the trip to Portsmouth was much much later than 11pm or 12am. That makes sense because Portsmouth is a very busy nightlife town, even on a Tuesday night. Also Pierce Island is well none for after dark activity and is patrolled on a regular basis.

I also wonder if any homeless people saw something. There is large number of them that live between Prescott Park and Pierce Island.

They are still looking for her body. http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Se...ent/-/9857858/17041672/-/3m93d1z/-/index.html So they must think that someone is telling the truth.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...nd-arrest-in-case-of-n.h-student-report-says/

Confusing article - so it sounds like they are investigating the possibility of a second suspect/ sexual encounter but AG states they have no evidence of that. So this is really nothing we haven't already heard?

"Officials say a second person may be arrested in connection with the case of 19-year-old Elizabeth Marriott, a University of New Hampshire student believed to have been killed a week ago."

"Police are investigating claims that Marriott may have suffered a suffocation death during a sexual encounter with 29-year-old Seth Mazzaglia and another woman"
But Associate Attorney General Jane Young said Wednesday that authorities do not have enough evidence to charge a second person in connection with Marriott's death, according to the Herald.
"We bring a charge when there's evidence," Young said. "What I maintain in this case, is if the evidence brings us to the fact that another person was or other persons were involved then other charges would be brought."

"

I've been thinking about how long it takes to suffocate someone and how violently someone who was being suffocated to death would struggle before losing consciousness. It takes about 3-5 minutes for someone to loose consciousness with airway blockage. But let's just take the low end of that range and cut it in half -- 90 seconds. For the sake of argument, let's cut that by a third -- 30 seconds. Think about how long 30 seconds is. Time it out. It is a LONG time. Someone who couldn't breathe long enough for things to be life-threatening would be bucking kicking, squirming, fighting desperately, even if restrained the distress would be obvious.

How could the suffocation of an adult be accidental and unnoticed until too late? How? I just don't buy it/can't believe it. Even in the most violent of sexual encounters, I believe that anyone would notice the difference between feigned or minor distress and major, life-threatening distress.

IF that's what happened, either it was purposeful, or SM and whoever else was there, if anyone, was totally and completely wasted. Or there was some other factor, like she'd been slipped a roofie and her respiration was depressed. In any case, I can't imagine this happening in a casual, consensual, mildly buzzed sort of encounter. Something very unusual had to have been going on. MOO, of course.

Well I am certainly glad that I live in a country that doesn't dictate morality to me. I also don't think it is up to you to decide what is "socially acceptable". That is something which varies among the wide variety of ethnicities and lifestyles of the people who inhabit the United States.

I guess that holds up until someone ends up dead. The choking thing is disturbing. JMO

I've been thinking about how long it takes to suffocate someone and how violently someone who was being suffocated to death would struggle before losing consciousness. It takes about 3-5 minutes for someone to loose consciousness with airway blockage. But let's just take the low end of that range and cut it in half -- 90 seconds. For the sake of argument, let's cut that by a third -- 30 seconds. Think about how long 30 seconds is. Time it out. It is a LONG time. Someone who couldn't breathe long enough for things to be life-threatening would be bucking kicking, squirming, fighting desperately, even if restrained the distress would be obvious.

How could the suffocation of an adult be accidental and unnoticed until too late? How? I just don't buy it/can't believe it. Even in the most violent of sexual encounters, I believe that anyone would notice the difference between feigned or minor distress and major, life-threatening distress.

IF that's what happened, either it was purposeful, or SM and whoever else was there, if anyone, was totally and completely wasted. Or there was some other factor, like she'd been slipped a roofie and her respiration was depressed. In any case, I can't imagine this happening in a casual, consensual, mildly buzzed sort of encounter. Something very unusual had to have been going on. MOO, of course.

If he did it the way the ex-GF described (placing fingers on her neck, perhaps to cut off the arterial blood flow), would it take that long? Wouldn't she lose consciousness fairly quickly this way?

If he did it the way the ex-GF described (placing fingers on her neck, perhaps to cut off the arterial blood flow), would it take that long? Wouldn't she lose consciousness fairly quickly this way?

Yes I believe she would have. But still there would be panic before.

An EMT would know to use the carotid arteries and that can be very quick and effective. I won't say how I know, just trust me :blushing: but you can be unconscious with no fighting in seconds. It is a dangerous game to play but like people say...young ppl experiment.

jmo

ETA i see others have mentioned this, glad I am not alone lol. Really it is different than choking the life out of someone as that as the goal. The goal is to have the power over life and death, especially with her giving the power to the man but not actually kill which is why you don't see that many people walking around bruised in the neck.

I think I was under within 10 secs with no struggling at all.

That you can cause not just death but strokes shows it is a high risk behavior and I think most women move on from it fairly quickly once it gets old. I don't know if this was consensual or not but i will bet bottom dollar it was fast.

An EMT would know to use the carotid arteries and that can be very quick and effective. I won't say how I know, just trust me :blushing: but you can be unconscious with no fighting in seconds. It is a dangerous game to play but like people say...young ppl experiment.

I think I was under within 10 secs with no struggling at all.

Ok, so say he applied pressure bilaterally to her carotid arteries and she passed out in under 10 seconds. That would not kill her. Is the idea that he would have kept the pressure on long enough for her to brain to be starved of oxygen to the point where she died? They are very large arteries and you would have to apply a lot of pressure to completely block them. If so, that would take a very long time, like 4 minutes at least. That's a long time to sustain pressure to someone's neck while presumably engaged in other activities also. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it sounds like there's more to the story to me.

This link goes into a LOT of detail about breath play and the physiology in someones body. Very interesting and really makes me wonder why people would do this when death is such a high risk of this behavior even if consensual.

http://www.evilmonk.org/A/breath.cfm

http://www.jaywiseman.com/SEX_BDSM_Breath_Closing_Argument.php

Here is a long read regarding Bondage, breath-play etc.

It is a long piece but give an account of matial arts, military, police and of course breath-play hold and the consequences.

I do not judge--to each his or her own. However, I do like to be well informed when sorting out the facts. JMO

Just some info here.

I am also researching how long and what would be left of a human body in water after one week.

I still am entertaining the idea thas the island path is a ruse??? JMO:twocents:

I'm not an expert on phone pings, but I did read somewhere that phones can ping at different towers if they are busy. In other words, Lizzi's phone could have pinged several miles in any direction from her location. If the closest tower was busy, her phone could have pinged off another several miles away in another direction. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro