NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - #10 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
did you realize you can extend the look even more by removing the turtleneck as she did for the second day?:clap: that roberta is one smart cookie.....:p

the things you learn in the courtroom..........:lookingitup:

:seeya:

OMG - you have me on the floor!!!!! LOL

You are so right - see? She knows what's hip! She knows how to get it done...

"Extend the look..." mwaahahahah!!

WHat do you think? Burgundy-Maroon is DEF her color....

(Just teasing her - she is a keeper, nice, and appears ethical Valkyrie).

P.S.: So she did extend the look???
PSS: She is def in the mix for witness of the year - Mrs. BUrger from OP is currently in the lead - well ahead - but watch out... Roberta is not to be trifled with... she could back door this thing and take the trophy. Always a formidable force, an extremely difficult match-up, hard to beat,

did you realize you can extend the look even more by removing the turtleneck as she did for the second day?:clap: that roberta is one smart cookie.....:p

the things you learn in the courtroom..........:lookingitup:

:seeya:

Q.B.

Such great posting from you today.
You made me smile.

ALL = Do you think Kat's immunity deal will remain preserved in the wake here as we move on?

Could there have been issues that may force the state to DK ( don't know ya ) the deal??

Seems odd- she is feet from Lizzie - and does nothing more than: pace over to the window for sight mitigation, pull off a pro rock climbin maneuver to set up a cold, nasty Davey Jones' locker comment.

It tells me something - why would the state be afraid to go it alone - and take out both of these dangerous, warped minded persons for what happened to Lizzie?
HYPOTHETICAL
Could it be they perpetually strain over predicting what a jury would decide? I feel this aspect of justice should not be such a substantial block of how we handle those accused of Murder. Having to calculate a jury's decision tells me there is something wrong with the contents of the jury box. If evidence is in place, applying common sense would should determine if there is a 70% chance , or a 5% chance. I am confusing things here, but what I am trying to animate is a point of concern - we cannot leave these decisions in the hands of those who we feel are unable to determine if fact is fact, and fiction is fiction. Both Kat (2nd or manslaughter) and Seth ( first, +rape) should be facing reciprocity for their actions - as college educated adults. For the state to deny justice - for Kat to be defined as an innocent, wrong place at the wrong time-type of defendant, I'm not so sure that accurately positions the cause, the underlying catalysts that created this horrible event. Still, glad to see at least the gloved one is getting his due day in court. However, and this is chilling... if we can visualize one moment... when Seth has the rope firmly in place, and as he tightens his grip with all his strength... Lizzie may have been able to bolt her eyes over- a desperate glance for help... hope... and what does she see? She sees Kat... her friend... the reason why she has been taken to this dungeon... the only reason why she is in the clutches of this black-out prone*, sexually sadistic, power hungry dungeon dweller... is because of Kat... and her eyes find Kat... their eyes meet... and her final, aggressively fading visual is this image of Kat standing there... looking back at her, head tilted, standing there... motionless.

OMG - you have me on the floor!!!!! LOL

You are so right - see? She knows what's hip! She knows how to get it done...

"Extend the look..." mwaahahahah!!

WHat do you think? Burgundy-Maroon is DEF her color....

(Just teasing her - she is a keeper, nice, and appears ethical Valkyrie).

P.S.: So she did extend the look???
PSS: She is def in the mix for witness of the year - Mrs. BUrger from OP is currently in the lead - well ahead - but watch out... Roberta is not to be trifled with... she could back door this thing and take the trophy. Always a formidable force, an extremely difficult match-up, hard to beat,

I think the inmates that testified - both the heroin addict who called SM "obviously psychotic" and the sex offender with a craving for Chinese food - both should be up for witness of the year, too, IMHO.

I think the inmates that testified - both the heroin addict who called SM "obviously psychotic" and the sex offender with a craving for Chinese food - both should be up for witness of the year, too, IMHO.

What was the deal with that "prison veteran" guy and the map to the Chinese place. Why did he draw a map? What is the back story there?
Barth got under his skin, good, he probably can't get Barth of his mind now.

I followed on twitter yesterday, wasn't available and I have to say it was hilarious. A shout out to Andrea P. if she is a sleuther, thanks for the great birds eye view. Catching up this morning, thanks for the smiles, too many posts to thank so I thank you all! Hoping for a verdict today and justice for Lizzi.

Still on Verdict Watch !!

:gathering: :chillout: :rockon: :panic: :skip: :okay: :pullhair:

I have a question that I have refrained from asking during the trial, maybe some of you can answer or shed light on. We know KM was given immunity for telling the truth. Lets just say she was involved in the strangulation or events and told that "truthful story". I understand anything she said could not/would not be used against her to bring additional charges. BUT…what if Seth talked? Could the DA charge KM with M1 or M2 with his testimony? Did the plea deal allow her a free and clear from any future charges regarding the homicide?

I have a question that I have refrained from asking during the trial, maybe some of you can answer or shed light on. We know KM was given immunity for telling the truth. Lets just say she was involved in the strangulation or events and told that "truthful story". I understand anything she said could not/would not be used against her to bring additional charges. BUT…what if Seth talked? Could the DA charge KM with M1 or M2 with his testimony? Did the plea deal allow her a free and clear from any future charges regarding the homicide?
My understanding is: If there is actual proof of her lies on the witness stand, her immunity can be revoked.

Good Morning WS Friends!:seeya:
Happy Friday and Verdict Watch!

Good Morning all!

If I calculated right, I show the jury deliberated approximately 4 hr and 45 minutes yesterday.

They started around 10:46 but probably took a 15 minute break, then actually went until 12 pm. Started back up around 1 pm and took another 15 minute break in the afternoon, then quit at 4 pm.

1 hr morning
3 hr 45 minutes afternoon
= 4 hr 45 minutes deliberations

Or Barth's glasses....

:eye: :eye:
C

For me the most memorable witness was the one and only Christopher Ramos. His comments were priceless and then the blowing kisses (while being cuffed)...well just the best. Trials should not be entertainment but come on...he was great.

My understanding is: If there is actual proof of her lies on the witness stand, her immunity can be revoked.

and my limited legal knowledge seems to indicate that is very very difficult to do and not at all likely. I don't expect anything further to happen to her legally but I fully expect she will be back in more trouble. She needs extreme help but will no doubt just go back to the same lifestyle with or hopefully without SM.

Yes, but they would have to charge her first. my question didn't involve that issue. It was a What if? her testimony involved a different storyline of events implicating herself and how her immunity plea deal protected her if Seth spoke up. KWIM?

What was the deal with that "prison veteran" guy and the map to the Chinese place. Why did he draw a map? What is the back story there?
Barth got under his skin, good, he probably can't get Barth of his mind now.

SM sent him to his mother's house and as long as he was in the area told him about this great buffet. If you have seen the testimony it is classic and not to be missed. You will enjoy it. He was so spontaneous that despite his awful history I came away liking him (for one brief moment)

Good Morning Everybody!

I hope we get good news today for the Marriott family!

Yes, but they would have to charge her first. my question didn't involve that issue. It was a What if? her testimony involved a different storyline of events implicating herself and how her immunity plea deal protected her if Seth spoke up. KWIM?

I don't think she can admit having had anything to do with the strangulation murder that she detailed and be safe from prosecution, that wasn't her testimony to the grand jury and would therefore make that a lie, and then would open herself up for new charges. As far as I understand it, anyways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha
Back