NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 7 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm kind of surprised that some of you see Kat as a victim!

And to be clear, I'm not defending seth's role in this. But if I were on the jury, I would disregard all of Kat's testimony and demand the state prove their case.

Relying on an admitted liar who received a sweet deal isn't doing it for me.

And kudos for public defender Barth, who took the time to wade through all of Kat's lies. He is doing his job with the information he has. I don't understand the
the animosity directed at him.

This isn't a 42 minute law and order episode that wraps up in a neat package.
Nor is it for entertainment. It should be about justice, and a year and a half for Kat's word on what happened just doesn't sit well with me. my opinion, of course.

I dont think a year and a half sits well with anyone other than the prosecutors who thought that was a necessary deal that had to be made to get a conviction of Seth. Id rather see Kat do no time if it guarantees Seth will be locked up for life.

Its an imperfect system, obviously.

And to be clear, I'm not defending seth's role in this. But if I were on the jury, I would disregard all of Kat's testimony and demand the state prove their case.

And kudos for public defender Barth, who took the time to wade through all of Kat's lies. He is doing his job with the information he has. I don't understand the

Nor is it for entertainment. It should be about justice, and a year and a half for Kat's word on what happened just doesn't sit well with me. my opinion, of course.

So agree with you...her testimony would be thrown completely out the window for me were I on this jury.

:seeya: (and I totally agree).

Youre right, I couldnt remember the exact charges. I thought the 7 years on each count was according to the sentencing guidelines, but maybe suspending most of the sentence was a surprise. They may have offered this because they didnt consider Kat a continuing danger without Seth. Not sure.

ETA: And obviously the state is relying on Kats cooperation and her testimony to convict Seth. They need to give her a strong incentive.

Agree minor4th. IMO not unless kat hooks up with someone else which combines to make the couple deadly again. I do think she likes others doing her dirty work. And that includes paying the bills, supporting her and cleaning the joint (apparently).

It just isn't in the Perry Mason world of justice that I like to think is the norm. :banghead:

I think the point of this guys testimony is to bolster Kats testimony. It is not meant to exculpate Kat or convince anyone that she is innocent, but it is an explanation as to how Kats testimony could be basically true.

Its important that the jury understand and believe Kat so that Seth gets convicted.

remember she held it "gently" :tantrum:

IMO, if Seth had her hold the rope, he didn't leave the scene to go into the bathroom. He was there to watch! And participate.

:goodpost:

Fixed the link, sorry about that :blushing:
"McDonough was ordered to serve three consecutive jail terms, each up to 7 years, or 21 years in all.
Fixed the link, sorry-

"But, with her agreement to testify against Mazzaglia, the deal significantly reduced that sentence.
Based on that pretrial agreement, if she is caught lying, the deal is revoked and she does the full time."

"Could the state revoke the plea deal after the trial is over if it was discovered McDonough had lied?
Strafford County Attorney Tom Velardi explained that if it was thought McDonough had lied, the prosecution could go back to court to make the case to a judge to undo the plea deal approval.
“They (the prosecution) would have to prove perjury in the testimony in a material way that breached the agreement,” he said."

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140609/GJNEWS_01/140609313/-1/fosnews010116

I dont think a year and a half sits well with anyone other than the prosecutors who thought that was a necessary deal that had to be made to get a conviction of Seth. Id rather see Kat do no time if it guarantees Seth will be locked up for life.

So you have made up your mind? It was all seth? Just get him, let Kat go?!?

I think the point of this guys testimony is to bolster Kats testimony. It is not meant to exculpate Kat or convince anyone that she is innocent, but it is an explanation as to how Kats testimony could be basically true.

Its important that the jury understand and believe Kat so that Seth gets convicted.

Since Seth is the one on trial here, doc's testimony is to show Seth is controlling and emotionally abusive. It's no longer about Kat in my opinion.

Great post with the picture. It is exactly how she described, however, I think it makes more sense for this to have happened more with her version to Barth than the GJ. Her sitting on Lizzie, at the same time being choked with the ropes and it eventually caused brain damage. A fast attack of strangulation would not seem to cause this posturing IMO. I have seen this happen several times as a Medic

Still trying to catch up but was wondering, if this hasn't already been discussed...if the version to Barth of KM sitting on LM's face causing this brain damage to happen perhaps she was still alive at that point, but severly brain-damaged which is why the two plastic bags were tied around her neck....to kill her.

Agree minor4th. IMO not unless kat hooks up with someone else which combines to make the couple deadly again. I do think she likes others doing her dirty work. And that includes paying the bills, supporting her and cleaning the joint (apparently).

It just isn't in the Perry Mason world of justice that I like to think is the norm. :banghead:

In a way, this is the beauty of a suspended or probated sentence. She has to behave well for the entire term of the sentence (7 years, or 21 years) and has a strong incentive to do so.

ITA Seems to me there is enough physical evidence to back up her gj version.

The only impression I would have as a juror is that kat is up to her neck in this rape, torture and murder but that her lover, best friend, the only thing she has, her world is just as guilty. He got her ok for the 'painting' to happen. IMO if kat had said no I don't know that seth would have proceeded with it. I think he wanted to but with out her ok I wonder if Lizzi would be alive today :(

remember she held it "gently" :tantrum:

I know. I know. and gentle, submissive creature that she is, that is what we are to believe she did. Just keeping Seth's place whilst he went for a bathroom break.

Since Seth is the one on trial here, doc's testimony is to show Seth is controlling and emotionally abusive. It's no longer about Kat in my opinion.

I think that is true also, but his testimony is necessary to counter the defense position that Kat was the manipulator and was the one in control.

In a way, this is the beauty of a suspended or probated sentence. She has to behave well for the entire term of the sentence (7 years, or 21 years) and has a strong incentive to do so.

Big whoop. She gets to start a new life in a new country and Lizzi is dead in the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax