Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping the grand jury would come back with homicide indictments or something related to her disappearance. I am guessing they continue to investigate and will keep trying until they can get that indictment.

It should really be a specific crime that parents must know where there children are until a certain age and if the child is missing, it is promptly reported to LE.

I was hoping the grand jury would come back with homicide indictments or something related to her disappearance. I am guessing they continue to investigate and will keep trying until they can get that indictment.

It should really be a specific crime that parents must know where there children are until a certain age and if the child is missing, it is promptly reported to LE.
I agree with you. How can both parents just shrug and say I don't know where my kid is---and just walk away?

I'm trying so hard not to keep that separate in my mind because he wasn't charged at the time or a suspect back then, but I keep going back to see if there was anything like a witness report of something where he was named that could have given them a reason NOT to give him custody. I have seen families lose custody, and not get custody over such little things I don't understand how the father was given custody, to begin with even without the other incident.
Legally, how can they use that against him if he was never charged? Do we want a system where people can lose their children if anyone makes an unsubstantiated allegation against them?

MAR 26, 2022
Manchester community not giving up on finding Harmony Montgomery (wmur.com)
A small group passed out fliers, ribbons and information on Harmony Montgomery at a Manchester park Saturday as people continue to search for the 7-year-old missing since late 2019.

The group "United to Find Harmony," one of several similar similar groups in New Hampshire, scattered purple rocks with Harmony's name around the park to keep her name fresh in local conversation.

[...]

"We are a little more united than people think we are," Carr said. "The village exists, the village is looking, and we're going to find her"

Crystal Sorey, Harmony's mother, said she appreciates the support and has events planned for April.

"Women like them stepping up kind of re-ignites that for you," Sorey said. "Like, okay, maybe people aren't so bad."

[...]

Legally, how can they use that against him if he was never charged? Do we want a system where people can lose their children if anyone makes an unsubstantiated allegation against them?

Dad has multiple felony convictions and was in jail for shooting someone in the head. If they did a home study at the time they may have found that his home was unsuitable for children in DCYF custody. I think there's a difference between the state getting involved based on unproven allegations when there is no active abuse against a child being alleged and when DCYF is responsible for the well-being of a child in their care and they intentionally place a child in the care of a violent person. IYKWIM

Dad has multiple felony convictions and was in jail for shooting someone in the head. If they did a home study at the time they may have found that his home was unsuitable for children in DCYF custody. I think there's a difference between the state getting involved based on unproven allegations when there is no active abuse against a child being alleged and when DCYF is responsible for the well-being of a child in their care and they intentionally place a child in the care of a violent person. IYKWIM

So very tragic...

It seems to me (after following numerous child cases) that there's a well-documented, long practice in use across the country where drug, alcohol, addicted parents, and/or substance abusers, are systematically deemed unfit by the Court to act as custodians of their children.

The same practice also allows for a "case plan"-- to include rehab, to retain or be reunited with one's children-- but failure to complete the plan also results in the loss of your children as ordered by the Court.

(And repeated failure at completing the case plan results in permanent loss of your child).

In the shooting incident, it's my understanding that evidence provided that AM had a gun and while struggling with his heroin dealer, the gun went off, bullet hit the dealer in the chin, exiting near his temple. Minutes later, AM was also shot by the dealer's brother, and AM fled the scene.

Here we have a man that is both unfit to parent by drug abuse and violent criminal activity. IMO, this should have been a no-brainer for DCYF and the Court.

And if the Court gave AM the benefit of the doubt that he was somehow fit to parent Harmony, both the parent and child should never have been reunited without a safety net for the protection of the innocent child (reunification overseen by DCYF and monitored by the Court).

MOO

Boston Herald on Twitter
Concerned observers are opening up their pocketbooks to keep the search for missing child Harmony Montgomery alive — the possible award for credible information on her location has shot up to $150,000.
Award for information leading to missing child Harmony Montgomery grows to $150,000 (bostonherald.com)
7:59 PM · Mar 31, 2022·SocialFlow

Info like this, makes me doubt she will be found alive:
:(
Both Adam and Kayla were indicted March 25. Adam is alleged to have struck Harmony in the face in July 2019 and faces a charge of second-degree assault. Kayla is alleged to have lied to the state Health Department that Harmony was a member of the household while she was missing to receive extra food stamps, and she faces a theft by deception felony charge.

Bob Ward Boston 25 on Twitter
The Harmony Montgomery Reward Fund is now $150,000, thanks to generosity of a Nashua resident who recently made a big donation. Harmony now missing 2 yrs, 3 months. My story @boston25 5/6pm [URL='https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrueCrime?src=hashtag_click']#TrueCrime @NEunsolved
4:32 PM · Apr 1, 2022 from Manchester, NH·Twitter for iPhone

Harmony Montgomery reward fund hits $150,000 – Boston 25 News
“This resident just felt that it was something that might give somebody the incentive to come forward. And we’re still looking for that person who may have the information that will send us on the right path to find Harmony Montgomery,” Manchester, NH Police spokesman Heather Hamel said on Friday.[/URL]

APR 1, 2022
Harmony Montgomery Disappearance: New Search Planned – NBC Boston
[...]

Sorey thinks the case has stalled at the Manchester Police Department.

"I even emailed the lead detective letting him know I was concerned that the case was going nowhere," she said.

[...]

RC doesn't know Harmony or her family, but like so many, she is heartbroken that this little girl has been missing since 2019 and nobody knows what happened to her.

RC is planning a search at an undisclosed wooded area on the city's West Side that she says Adam Montgomery was familiar with.

"It's is a place where homeless encampments have been swept and cleared out, but those are his people," RC said.

She and another volunteer surveyed the site Friday. They say although they're amateurs, they've done their research and are well prepared.

"We've got flags if we find anything, safety vests, tape, gloves and nametags," Carr said as she rummaged through a box in the trunk of her car.

[...]

Kirsten Glavin on Twitter
THIS MORNING - A search party of volunteers is combing through a wooded area in Manchester, NH looking for clues relating to the disappearance of Harmony Montgomery.
FPV5nePX0AEvgcn

9:25 AM · Apr 2, 2022 from Manchester, NH·Twitter for iPhone

Tim Callery on Twitter - Video
Right Now: About a dozen volunteers search a wooded area in Manchester, hoping to find clues that could lead to the whereabouts of #HarmonyMontgomery. #wmur
9:50 AM · Apr 2, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Harmony Montgomery Search – NBC Boston
[...]

Volunteers are hoping to locate any evidence, like a cell phone that might have belonged to Adam Montgomery or any monogrammed personal items belonging to Harmony Montgomery.

According to RC, the search organizer, a former law enforcement officer will be overseeing this on-the-ground effort.

“We’re not seeing activity from the police and they have limited resources, and if there's something we can do so resources can focus someplace else, we'll do that," she said. "We are not professionals, so that's why we reached out to a former law enforcement officer so we would know how to do this.”

[...]

I don’t think adding more money will help.
The people that know haven’t said a word and it is obvious money is not encouraging anyone to speak up. If it’s not fear of AM, it must be involvement or participation?
JMO

I don’t think adding more money will help.
The people that know haven’t said a word and it is obvious money is not encouraging anyone to speak up. If it’s not fear of AM, it must be involvement or participation?
JMO
I believe the only way Adam or Kayla are going to speak is if there is a tremendous amount of pressure put on them. I also believe there are family members who know more about this, or have a pretty good idea as to what happened and where Harmony is.

APR 4, 2022
Father of Harmony Montgomery arrested on stolen gun charges – Boston 25 News
Adam Montgomery was arrested Monday morning for eight charges related to stealing firearms between September 29, 2019 and October 3, 2019 in Manchester.

The charges allege that Montgomery stole a rifle and a shotgun from the C.F. The charges consist of:
  • two charges of theft by unauthorized taking for stealing the rifle and the shotgun,
  • two charges of receiving stolen property for receiving or retaining the rifle and the shotgun,
  • two charges of felon in possession for possessing the rifle and the shotgun after having been convicted of one or more qualifying felonies, and
  • two charges of armed career criminal for possessing the rifle and the shotgun after having been convicted of three or more qualifying felonies.
One gun was recovered from Boston, another from Manchester, New Hampshire, but the third gun is still missing.

[...]

Montgomery is expected to be arraigned on April 6, 2022 at the Hillsborough County Superior Court.

[...]

APR 4, 2022
Adam Montgomery, Father of Harmony, Charged with Gun Theft (lawandcrime.com)
The armed career criminal charges carry a mandatory minimum of 10 years and a maximum 40 years in prison, the NHDOJ says. The theft and receiving stolen property charges carry a maximum term of 7.5 to 15 years in prison, and the felon in possession charges each carry a maximum term of 3.5 to 7 years.

keep applying that pressure. We need Adam to feel that cooperating could gain him something. Maybe facing the newest charges will cause him to feel more cooperative? One can hope.

MANCHESTER, NH – Adam Montgomery, father of missing 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery, waived arraignment on eight new felony charges, including one of being an armed career criminal, which on conviction carries a mandatory 10 to 40 years in state prison.

Montgomery, 32, who has been detained in the Valley Street jail since his arrest on New Year’s Eve 2021 on charges of child endangerment and assaulting his young daughter, was to be arraigned Wednesday, April 6, in Hillsborough County Superior Court Northern District. However, on Tuesday he signed a waiver of arraignment along with a waiver of extradition.

More at Adam Montgomery waives arraignment on new charges, will remain in Valley Street jail | Manchester Ink Link

I haven’t been on WS in a while, but have been following Harmony’s case on Twitter. So frustrating that there does not appear to be any progress publicly, but the new gun charges do indicate that LE are quietly and diligently pushing forward with their investigation in the background.

AM had those guns in his possession whilst Harmony was there. I’m wondering if there is photo/video evidence supporting the charges and what else/who else they show (Harmony?)

Random thought, but does anyone know what happened to the dog?

Some really interesting finds RE AM’s ‘missing’ car by sleuthers on other websites, are we allowed to post links here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezynig101