Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The former girlfriend of Adam Montgomery – whose 7 year-old daughter Harmony Montgomery went missing in 2019 – has been found dead in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Police confirmed on Wednesday that Kelsey Small, 27, died in the city, though her cause of death is still pending. Authorities are not treating her death as suspicious.

She lived with Mr Montgomery in a car, according to NBC Boston. A police affidavit claims officers found them residing in their vehicle on 31 December, 2021, in Manchester – the day Mr Montgomery was arrested in connection with his daughter's disappearance.

Harmony Montgomery: Girlfriend of missing girl’s father is found dead

So are Adam and Kayla no longer together? She is referred to as Harmony's "stepmother" but now they are reporting that the father's girlfriend is dead. I'm confused. I have apparently missed this information.

At the time that Harmony disappeared, Kayla was collecting benefits as if she were alive and living with her. It sounds like at least for a few months after Harmony disappeared, Kayla and Adam were still together. Fast forward to 2022 and he had a new girlfriend.

JMO I'm not sure how they don't find this woman's death suspicious. Especially with everything going on with that family right now. I think it's sus. I assume they will eventually release her of cause of death?
She was and addict and was found in a motel. She had been living in a car with Harmony's "father". My guess is that there were obvious signs of an overdose. It's pretty sad.

So are Adam and Kayla no longer together? She is referred to as Harmony's "stepmother" but now they are reporting that the father's girlfriend is dead. I'm confused. I have apparently missed this information.

The deceased woman is the girlfriend who was living in the car with AM last winter when he was arrested. So post-Kayla. I was under the impression that AM and Kayla have been separated for some time.

JMO I'm not sure how they don't find this woman's death suspicious. Especially with everything going on with that family right now. I think it's sus. I assume they will eventually release her of cause of death?

Updated article -- news video at link:

3/23/22 Harmony Montgomery case: Father's girlfriend Kelsey Small dies

Court documents said Small spoke with detectives last year when she was found with Adam Montgomery, but her death ends the hope that she would share any information she might have about what happened to Harmony.

According to the affidavit, Small told police she was romantically involved with Adam Montgomery for more than a year. She told detectives she was aware of four children that he had with two women, but she said Adam Montgomery never mentioned Harmony, and she had no information where the girl might be.

[..]

Small was not implicated in any way in Harmony's disappearance, but investigators said they hoped she might have information from Adam Montgomery that she might eventually share.

Small's cousin released a statement through a spokesperson.

"She was so much more than that, and I hate that one of her last connections here on Earth was to him," the statement said.

News 9 obtained Goffstown police records that show Small was arrested outside a sober home where she was living and charged with DUI, second offense. She was released on personal recognizance bail and due in court next week. Five days later, she was found dead in a hotel room.

Former girlfriend would be how I would refer to Kayla since I doubt they actually got married.
JMO

Sorey, Harmony’s mom, has not been accused of any wrongdoing.

“I don’t feel like she’s gone. I just don’t feel that in my heart,” Sorey told NBC Boston in January. “Like, I don’t feel like I lost her. And a mother knows, a mother knows if your baby’s here or not. I know she’s here.”
Girlfriend of missing Harmony Montgomery's dad reportedly found dead

Manchester police also said Friday a reward being offered for information about Harmony Montgomery had increased to $150,000.

Bernice Thomas of Nashua, a woman who has previously made a donation to the effort, has increased her commitment to the cause, Heather Hamel, the public information officer for the Manchester Police Department, said.

"We hope this increase may be what it takes for the right person to come forward," she said
Dad, Stepmom Of Missing New Hampshire Girl Indicted On Charges

NEW: Grand jury indicts #HarmonyMontgomery’s father, Adam, on charges of second degree assault. Court docs show jury found Adam knowingly caused bodily injury to Harmony, by striking her in the face.
View attachment 337715

https://twitter.com/timcalwmur/status/1507405761693069325?s=21&t=38B0jPs_gsewquA9XOlgUA
I take it this was the episode AM admitted to his brother when Harmony wasn't keeping his new baby son quiet.

(I think AM also punished Harmony by forcing her to clean the toilet with a toothbrush). :(

MAR 25, 2022
Harmony Montgomery case: Indictments returned against father and his wife – Boston 25 News
[...]

The girl’s father Adam Montgomery, was indicted on the felony charge of Second Degree Assault, related to the case. The indictment alleges that on July 1 and July 22, 2019 Montgomery “did knowingly cause bodily injury to H.M., a child under the age of 13, by striking her in the face.”

Adam Montgomery’s estranged wife, Kayla Montgomery was also indicted on the charge of Theft by Deception. The indictment alleges that on various occasions between 2019 and 2021 Kayla “represented to NH DHHS that H.M. was a member of the defendant’s household, despite H.M. not being a member of the defendant’s household during that time,” and received more than $1,500 as a result.

[...]

Manchester Police tell Boston 25 they continue to receive tips on the Harmony Montgomery case, although the volume has slowed.

Police say they investigate all of them and say the Harmony case is still very active

[...]

Adam and Kayla Montgomery Indicted in Missing Child Case (lawandcrime.com)
Adam Montgomery is scheduled for a hearing to take place June 28, while Kayla is set for court on April 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member