Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JAN 12, 2022
Search for Harmony Montgomery: Police are speaking about the search for a missing girl last seen …

12:40 mark: The last time MPD saw Harmony was Sept 11, 2019.

13:42 mark: Oct/Nov 2019 was the last time anybody saw Harmony.

Last edited:
RSBM
The time and place to discuss these issues is now. One child like Elijah was bad. Two like Elijah and Harmony is a symptom of a problem. To save the rest of the children out there who are in similar circumstances, the time and place is now. This is not a one time off situation, this is twice in one year. However, the lion share of this little girl's abuse and loss should sit on the shoulders of her father.

JAN 12, 2022
Search for Harmony Montgomery: Police are speaking about the search for a missing girl last seen …
I had wondered if Adam had lived anywhere else, or if the family had land or holdings outside of this house where they may have taken Harmony. I noticed someone asked the Chief that question and he kind of danced around it. Wasn't Adam originally from the Lowell MA area?

I had wondered if Adam had lived anywhere else, or if the family had land or holdings outside of this house where they may have taken Harmony. I noticed someone asked the Chief that question and he kind of danced around it. Wasn't Adam originally from the Lowell MA area?
BBM I'm not sure. I know that at one time CS lived in Lowell.

Timeline: Missing NH girl Harmony Montgomery – Boston 25 News
Nov. or Dec. 2019—Adam’s wife Kayla Montgomery last sees Harmony before Adam drives her to Crystal’s home in Lowell (from *Kayla’s 12/31/21 interview with police)

* Paywalled Article (no copy/paste per WS rules)

JAN 11, 2022
Prior to Harmony Montgomery’s disappearance, a series of police visits and a father’s history of violence - The Boston Globe
  • 2008 - AM broke into an apt in Malden, demanded money from two women at gunpoint, and held a weapon to one of their necks. When LE detained AM and a man with him, AM pointed the gun at an officer before being wrestled to the ground. It was later determined to be a pellet gun.
  • 2010 - AM pled guilty to armed robbery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon for the 2008 incident.
  • 2021 - AM was prosecuted in Manchester for stalking KM and her three children and resisting arrest. He received a one-year sentence that was suspended for two years and ordered to undergo mental health counseling.

RSBM
The time and place to discuss these issues is now. One child like Elijah was bad. Two like Elijah and Harmony is a symptom of a problem. To save the rest of the children out there who are in similar circumstances, the time and place is now. This is not a one time off situation, this is twice in one year. However, the lion share of this little girl's abuse and loss should sit on the shoulders of her father.
It was mentioned early on in Covid that sometimes the only place children are safe is in school. Financial stressors, lost wages and employment, food and heat insecurity among other things have likely caused an increase in DV and child abuse. I don’t doubt for a second that Harmony’s dad and stepmom benefited from everything from food stamps to stimulus monies. There was also the lump sum child tax credit. They used her for monetary gain and we don’t know what else. How many more Harmony like children are there? The truth is going to hurt and I bet there will be many others we learn of if not for Harmony how would most of us imagined the impact on the most vulnerable? Again I call BS on confidentiality for child abuse and any crimes against children. We deserve the truth as did she and however many others have suffered a similar fate. IMO

As the clouds lift, she'll be better able to understand what she's facing. These charges are serious and her options dwindle if Adam decides to speak up first. Adam has already threatened KM with a knife, if he decides to tell the truth, his confession would seal her future. Adam holds a lot of cards here and he has the power to make sure KM stays in jail for a very long time. In fact, he could accuse her of killing Harmony. If I were her, I'd speak fast.
agreed.

What?! :eek::(

On Jan. 12, 2020, police were called for the last time concerning the front door being opened; the caller thought it had been kicked in. Police said the door was not kicked in and noted that it looked like someone moved out and left the door open. The report has one or two words blacked out followed by Adam Montgomery’s name. “They were just airing it out,” the incident report says. “There was a very bad odor.”

Not that I know of. Adam seems to have lived in New Hampshire, mostly in Manchester. We don't know where he lived as a young child, but Adam went to high school in Manchester. At the time, he lived in Bedford, New Hampshire. Bedford did not have its own high school at the time, and students were tuitioned to Manchester West High School. His violent and threatening behavior as a teen in Manchester is documented here:
Missing Girl’s Father: 16 Years Of Crime In NH, Massachusetts

Crystal is from Massachusetts. She grew up in Haverhill. In 2018 she entered a drug rehab program in Lowell. She was living in Lowell in the fall of 2019--that's where Kayla claims Adam dropped Harmony off to live with Crystal. Currently, Crystal lives in Devens, Massachusetts.

Missing children: NH doesn’t track pre-school kids; community has a role to play in protecting the vulnerable | Manchester Ink Link

‘No one listened to me’: Mother of Harmony Montgomery says child services in 2 states ‘failed her daughter’ | Manchester Ink Link

On Jan. 12, 2020, police were called for the last time concerning the front door being opened; the caller thought it had been kicked in. Police said the door was not kicked in and noted that it looked like someone moved out and left the door open. The report has one or two words blacked out followed by Adam Montgomery’s name. “They were just airing it out,” the incident report says. “There was a very bad odor.”
:eek:

I'm not reading too much into the odour comment. If it was from remains, I would hope trained LE would know to investigate that kind of scent further

I keep circling back to the fact that the biological mom’s paternal rights were terminated. How does that even happen? So she was an addict in previous years but got clean. It chaps me that her rights were terminated while he was given a free pass despite his violent criminal history. This goes against everything we know of reunification between moms and their children.
I also can’t get past the fact that he was given an 18 month sentence for shooting another person in the face during a drug crime. Wth is wrong with this entire situation? IMO

This is pure speculation but mom may have had custody of the children in Mass while dad was in NH doing something else. If mom had sole physical custody and DCYF in MA had to keep removing her children due to neglect (which it sounds like since it was reported that the children were "in and out" of foster care), she would be the only parent really being investigated.

It may be different in MA, but in NH you have reunification plans where the parent(s) have to meet certain goals and go through different testing. If CS began on the plan but at some point refused to participate due to using again, it gets to a point where there's a hearing on if reunification will be impossible and there's a plan for the termination of parental rights.

The thing I don't understand is how they found AM to be a suitable relative placement when he has a long and violent criminal record. That would absolutely disqualify a person from becoming a foster parent and would likely disqualify a relative from being a relative foster parent.

I think it was very poor judgment to give AM custody instead of a foster/adopt family. Even if he was temporarily clean, his history should have disqualified him. People lose their parental rights permanently for much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75