Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
im thinking that when Ma closed their case, it somehow was never reopened in NH.

I'm certain that's exactly what happened. We don't know if the case should have transfered or not. We don't know what, if any provisions were made for Harmony and her half brother. So many closures throughout 2020 its easy for me to understand how this happened. Everyone was hunkered down...

It will be interesting to see what Kayla does or doesn't do from here on out.

If the step mom thought she was with the bio mom why would she still claim her?? Somebody is lying and I’m believing it’s the dad who killed her she was such a beautiful little girl it frustrates me to no end that a loving family would’ve taken this baby in a heartbeat!!

I wonder if Harmony has a medical condition. Did she, at the very least, have a recommendation to see a pediatric ophthalmologist at least yearly to check her eye(s) and update her glasses prescription? Would this important appointment not be a reason for CPS to go the extra mile with checking up on her after the "reunification" with her father or for them to quickly respond to the reports relatives called-in?

(ETA: The linked article seems to be saying an ICPC should have been in place but wasn't. Was there no check-list that had to be completed before just closing her case? Come on!)

Why didn't both of her biological parents lose custody? Bio-mom's addiction and other struggles were held against her but bio-dad's addiction/ violent criminal history weren't held against him?

(ETA: The linked article also seems to be saying most criminal history won't be held against a biological parent seeking custody. :eek::mad:)

It's so tragic that she isn't there growing up with her baby brother.

ETA:
25 Investigates: ‘System failure’ allowed NH girl’s disappearance to go unreported for two years

Last edited:
I wonder if Harmony has a medical condition. Did she, at the very least, have a recommendation to see a pediatric ophthalmologist at least yearly to check her eye(s) and update her glasses prrscription? Would this important appointment not be a reason for CPS to go the extra mile with checking up on her after the "reunification" with her father or for them to quickly respond to the reports relatives called-in?

Why didn't both of her biological parents lose custody? Bio-mom's addiction and other struggles were held against her but bio-dad's addiction/ violent criminal history weren't held against him?

Her father allegedly caused the eye injury in the first place, which makes the fact that he retained custody all the more sickening.

ETA: He gave her a black eye, but apparently was not responsible for her being blind in one eye.

Last edited:
Her father allegedly caused the eye injury in the first place, which makes the fact that he retained custody all the more sickening.

Bingo! Especially since it was reported! How can they ignore a report like that?! It wasn't even the mom reporting the abuse, but the "dad"'s own relative (I think Dad's uncle). I don't quite see the benefit of reunification above all! There should be more consideration on what is best for the child.

Last edited:
I don't know what to say i feel sick what is wrong with these people I will never understand how a parent can do this and his wife to still collect food stamps for this poor girl so disgusting they make me sick why couldn't they just give her to people that would have and loved and cherished her so heartbreaking how these people just continue to live life like nothing has happened i will never understand so sorry you were treated like trash harmony you deserved so much better
MOO

Bingo! Especially since it was reported! How can they ignore a report like that?! It wasn't even the mom reporting the abuse, but the "dad"'s own brother. I don't quite see the benefit of reunification above all! There should be more consideration on what is best for the child.
It’s unfathomable that the system does a better job of protecting pets than people. No animal organization that I know (and I’ve been involved first-hand with many across the country) would return a pet to a home where someone had abused it. Nor would most place them in a home without a background check and follow-up calls and/or visits. Surely there must be a way to ensure children get at least the same consideration.

somewhere it is stated she was born with blindness in right eye
I think you're right. The eye injury caused by her father appears to have been the black eye her uncle referenced.

ETA:

She is 4 years old and permanently blind in one eye, she was born like that,” according to a police document. ... Manchester police set up a 24-hour tip line this week and offered $60,000 in rewards in an effort to find Harmony Montgomery.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...8ed2d8-6efc-11ec-b1e2-0539da8f4451_story.html

My son was born legally blind in one eye. His vision was 360/20 in one eye and 15/20 in the other eye. They called it amblyopia and they patched his good eye forcing his bad eye to work. We had to start this process when he was 3. By the time he was 7, they said they couldn't correct it any further. We were able to get his vision in his bad eye to 50/20 with glasses on. This was a huge benefit. But, they never indicated to me that due to this he was considered disabled. He was just a normal little boy with a wondering eye when he was tired. He hated his patch!! But, it draws me to Harmony even more because of her eye. Where are you sweet Harmony???

I think you're right. The eye injury caused by her father appears to have been the black eye her uncle referenced.

ETA:

She is 4 years old and permanently blind in one eye, she was born like that,” according to a police document. ... Manchester police set up a 24-hour tip line this week and offered $60,000 in rewards in an effort to find Harmony Montgomery.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...8ed2d8-6efc-11ec-b1e2-0539da8f4451_story.html
Wow hopefully $60k loosens some lips
@MassGuy - glad to see the Avatar updated with our current QB!

I wonder if Harmony has a medical condition. Did she, at the very least, have a recommendation to see a pediatric ophthalmologist at least yearly to check her eye(s) and update her glasses prescription? Would this important appointment not be a reason for CPS to go the extra mile with checking up on her after the "reunification" with her father or for them to quickly respond to the reports relatives called-in?

(ETA: The linked article seems to be saying an ICPC should have been in place but wasn't. Was there no check-list that had to be completed before just closing her case? Come on!)

(ETA: The linked article also seems to be saying most criminal history won't be held against a biological parent seeking custody. :eek::mad:)

ETA:
25 Investigates: ‘System failure’ allowed NH girl’s disappearance to go unreported for two years
Crystal posted on FB when Harmony was about 3 that they were heading to Massachusetts Eye & Ear for her appointment. So she was getting care in Massachusetts.

Bingo! Especially since it was reported! How can they ignore a report like that?! It wasn't even the mom reporting the abuse, but the "dad"'s own relative (I think Dad's uncle). I don't quite see the benefit of reunification above all! There should be more consideration on what is best for the child.
Just want to let you know that Harmony is blind in one eye as a result of being a 3-pound preemie. Her father didn't cause that.

ETA:
Great point-why were Mom's struggles held against her, but dad's weren't?

@chris_m_gavin
Kayla Montgomery (wife of Adam, father of #HarmonyMontgomery) arrested for welfare fraud. Kayla allegedly collected over $1,500 in food stamp benefits from 12/2019 to 6/2021 for Harmony, despite the girl no longer living there.

https://twitter.com/chris_m_gavin/status/1479087090273038341?s=20
Kayla Montgomery (via NH AG):
Ohh boy
2 wonderful parents this little innocent girl, Harmony, had to deal with.
NOT !!!UGH
I sure hope any other siblings, half, step, blood, etc are out of both parent's households for good.

I am so angry at the system and how it supposedly works,when clearly, It does NOT work for the welfare of the kiddos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member