GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I mean, one of the biggest things I can't figure is that there are apparently 2 driverless cars in play, Krista's and the other one that was impounded. The killer could have followed her from Portland and abandoned the car -- but then how did he get out of North Conway? It's not exactly Grand Central Station!

Maybe the baby's father's car? He likely had a vehicle before going to prison and maybe it was parked or used by a friend until he is released.

If somebody rammed her car, maybe that caused her to be injured enough to bleed.

True, but did Krista's car appear to be in a collision? 2 cars collide, Krista is injured, gets out of car- makes sense :waitasec:

True, but did Krista's car appear to be in a collision? 2 cars collide, Krista is injured, gets out of car- makes sense :waitasec:

Earlier, some sleuthers thought they could see body damage in the photo, and I think one of the press conferences also mentioned it.

It wouldn't take a very hard collision to knock her face into the steering wheel and either make her nose bleed or open up a cut. It wouldn't have to leave much damage.

Is Buffalo Wild Wings like Hooters? Krista worked there.

My middle girl works at Hooters and I always worry about her and the customers. She had one follow her home one night. Right now she doesn't work due to having placenta previa and pregnant. But still I know from past I don't care for her working at Hooters.

No, Buffalo Wild Wings isn't anything like Hooters, except they serve the same food. It is like a sports-fan restaurant for families. The waitresses also don't have a sexy dress code like the Hooters waitresses do.

There's been some speculation that she had some body damage to her car looking at the LE photo of the car, but this has not been confirmed. When NG asked Lt. Penley about this, he did not deny that there was body damage. How that happened? I guess in that area of the country, body damage isn't uncommon with the ice/snow.

Looking at the list of many young woman killed in the NY, Hamptons Beach or Long Island areas, Megan Waterman was about the same age and had a young daughter at home. Although I know she was working off of Craigslist, I thought it interesting to note that she was from Scarborough, Maine. Wonder if it is all connected?

No, Buffalo Wild Wings isn't anything like Hooters, except they serve the same food. It is like a sports-fan restaurant for families. The waitresses also don't have a sexy dress code like the Hooters waitresses do.

I think the girls at Hooters are wearing more than some of the waitresses at other restaurants...or the girls who work at stores in the mall.

But yes, Buffalo Wild Wings serves the same food, different atmosphere.

Wouldn't there be an airbag in a car that age? I'm wondering if the perp had a knife...

I am beginning to wonder if this was a suicide? She could have left her door open, so that the baby would be found. But the press conference kind of gives me that vibe, that they may be suspecting a suicide.

Lady, As I was sitting here reading through this thread suicide was also in the back of my mind. The car was left running and warm with the flashers on, indicated that someone wanted the baby to be found quickly. That is something a mother would do. Just speculating.

I am beginning to wonder if this was a suicide? She could have left her door open, so that the baby would be found. But the press conference kind of gives me that vibe, that they may be suspecting a suicide.

I can't believe she would have left her child in that car like that if she were committing suicide. She would have left her with her mother (A's grandma) or someplace really safe.

I can't believe she would have left her child in that car like that if she were committing suicide. She would have left her with her mother (A's grandma) or someplace really safe.

If she were rational you would think she would have left the baby with someone. I a suicidal state though she may not have had clarity of thought.

This case just has me completely baffled. Usually in cases I have SOME sort of gut feeling but in this one I really think all options are possible- stranger abduction/murder, abducted/murdered by someone she knew, suicide...they all could be possible.

The only thing that's a fact is whoever is responsible cared about the child. That doesn't necessary rule out a stranger to me though.

I don't think her death will be ruled accidental though. It took too much planning (leaving the hazard lights on, door ajar, etc) for it to mean she accidently fell in the water or something.

Regardless of what happened to Krista, it's a complete tragedy for her daughter and her family. I can't imagine what they're going through and my thoughts and prayers are with them.

Looking at the list of many young woman killed in the NY, Hamptons Beach or Long Island areas, Megan Waterman was about the same age and had a young daughter at home. Although I know she was working off of Craigslist, I thought it interesting to note that she was from Scarborough, Maine. Wonder if it is all connected?

Hmmm i haven't heard of Megan at all, but Scarborough is VERY close to Portland....
People are so devestated around here. It's so sad. I know...all these cases are sad. But we don't see this much here in NH and Maine. It's just too close to home.
I realized that my husband and boys just ate at the same restuarant where Krista worked the Sunday right before Easter. :(
She could have been there at the same time.
Although, my husband is pretty sure that she wasn't their waitress, it still feels so close.
Poor Krista....her poor family.....
Please, please, please find out who did this very soon!!!!!! :( :(

Hmmm.... I didn't get that vibe at all. Esp since they have already referred it to the AAG who prosecutes homicides. Sounds like I need to relisten to the conference.

Here in NH the Attny General investigates most if not all untimely deaths. When the body was found they have no idea what/how or when it happend and the Attny General has a lot more investigators to work on the case.

I am also wondering if she didn't take her own life. The reason why I am leaning towards this is because of the flashers/the heat on in the car and the door left a bit open. Now either this was a very thoughtful perp or she wanted to make sure the baby was found safe and sound. The flashers is what bothers me.

To make the statement that no one else is in danger they either know she took her own life or they have an idea of how she died and why. What changed their mind to search that pond?

My SIL took her own life however the baby wasn't with her. She left her at home with her mother. She was found 3 days later half in a river. She had shot herself. There wasn't any signs of depression, there was no note left behind. She killed herself 1/2 mile away from her ex-boyfriend's home.

I know she killed herself (she bought the gun) but to this day I cannot wrap my mind around it. That was 20 plus years ago.

On another note, NH is known for not releasing any information on major cases. They will release cause of death but if it's murder we will hear very little about the progress of the case.

Here in NH the Attny General investigates most if not all untimely deaths. When the body was found they have no idea what/how or when it happend and the Attny General has a lot more investigators to work on the case.

I am also wondering if she didn't take her own life. The reason why I am leaning towards this is because of the flashers/the heat on in the car and the door left a bit open. Now either this was a very thoughtful perp or she wanted to make sure the baby was found safe and sound. The flashers is what bothers me.

To make the statement that no one else is in danger they either know she took her own life or they have an idea of how she died and why. What changed their mind to search that pond?

My SIL took her own life however the baby wasn't with her. She left her at home with her mother. She was found 3 days later half in a river. She had shot herself. There wasn't any signs of depression, there was no note left behind. She killed herself 1/2 mile away from her ex-boyfriend's home.

I know she killed herself (she bought the gun) but to this day I cannot wrap my mind around it. That was 20 plus years ago.

On another note, NH is known for not releasing any information on major cases. They will release cause of death but if it's murder we will hear very little about the progress of the case.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. Thank you for sharing.

I feel so sad and angry right now. Evil, evil people.

I wonder why the door was left open like that and not the window? Did the subject think the child could get out of the carseat and wonder away.

:rose: RIP Krista :rose:

She had called her mom and asked about some mail she was waiting for. That doesn't sound to me like she was planning to kill herself that night.
And I just cannot believe she would leave her baby in the car like that. She had room mates and her mother and sister in town. Why leave your beloved baby in a car all alone in an abandoned parking lot. I just do not believe she was that distraught. Imoo

I not only think it is murder I believe there will be an arrest within 48 hrs of the autopsy. I think they were only waiting on the body. LOL that's my prediction for what it's worth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back