NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Maura stayed up late on Sunday and got up late on Monday (which fits with the evidence), then I am inclined to believe that Maura at least decided not to attend Monday classes on Sunday night.

When did she send the emails to her professors? Monday morning?

From Daily Collegian 2/17/04

"An email was written by (Eileen) Breslin (Dean of the school of Nursing at UMASS), and released to the UMass nursing community. According to the email, Murray sent an email to her faculty Monday afternoon at 1:24 p.m. indicating she was heading home for the week due to a death in the family and that she would contact everyone when she returned.

I think she made the decision Monday morning, tossed it around for a bit, tried to make a plan then let her teachers know not allowing her to change her decision. JMO.

I think she made the decision Monday morning, tossed it around for a bit, tried to make a plan then let her teachers know not allowing her to change her decision. JMO.

that doesn't really fit in line with her computer searches for places to stay and her packing up of her dorm room, though, plus the likely-hood of her being asleep Monday morning. She probably already had the plan in place, with the decision to send the email out when she got up set in her mind...perhaps even pre-written the night before. I think she would have sent it out right before she left in order to prevent anyone from contacting her to see if she was "okay". Then she would have had to pretend to be grieving, and may have raised suspicions. Scoops is right - Maura was a planner. I just don't think she would have left it to the last minute.

I don't know what to make about this.

I respect Peabody as a "family spokesperson" that definitely has brought insight into this case.

On the other hand, she has also contradicted some of the things that have been reported such as the reasons that Maura left west point, which she eludes to being very innocent and having nothing to do with any violations or trouble.

I do question her comments about what was found in Maura's car, especially the textbooks comment.

A display photo was done by a photographer of Maura's left behind stuff and in that display photo you can see quite a few things.

First the bag, Maura had with her (that was left behind in her car) was a rather small bag and inside that bag was two reference books and a notebook (hardly counts as school textbooks).

There is a pair of running shoes and there is a black sweater looking item with a gray pair of what look like baggy sweatpants and then some sort of small light colored blanket.

Keep in mind, a display photo (typically doesn't just call for a couple of items to be pulled from a bag and photographed. Usually, a display photo (like what police would do from a big drug seizure) will have all the contents from the bag neatly laid out on a table or on a floor much like this photo I am referring to was showing Maura's sister clutching one of Maura's running shoes.

There is a second larger bag with a 2 liter soda bottle sticking out off to one side in the picture. But I honestly believe (and I could be wrong) that this bag is in fact NOT MAURA's but the sister who is shown in the picture.

I do know this particular photo was shot in a hotel room that the sister was staying in and I think the bag in the background is hers.

If anyone hasn't seen the photo I am talking about, here it is:

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/p/cast-of-characters.html

just scroll down to the photo of the gal (Maura's sister) clutching one of Maura's running shoes.

I would about swear to it. But go back to that chronicle piece and they show a photo of Maura and her father hiking and posing at the top of a summit. And I think you can see the very exact same outfit (Maura is wearing in that photo) as what is seen on display in front of her sister on the floor of that hotel room.

BBM.

When you are a nursing student in clinicals, that nursing reference book IS A TEXTBOOK. I've said this several times to people here. That's what you use in class, for your homework, in clinicals.

Also, the display photo you reference serves a different purpose--it's not an inventory in the legal sense. It's an artist's shot, going for an emotional response. That's something for everybody to bare in mind as they look at it. We don't know if that's EVERYTHING in the bags. It's just everything in the photo (much like the public knowledge--it's only everything we can see, its not necessarily everything the police can see)

BBM.

When you are a nursing student in clinicals, that nursing reference book IS A TEXTBOOK. I've said this several times to people here. That's what you use in class, for your homework, in clinicals.

Also, the display photo you reference serves a different purpose--it's not an inventory in the legal sense. It's an artist's shot, going for an emotional response. That's something for everybody to bare in mind as they look at it. We don't know if that's EVERYTHING in the bags. It's just everything in the photo (much like the public knowledge--it's only everything we can see, its not necessarily everything the police can see)

As I understood it, Maura had a mixture of classes and clinicals going on.

I can understand keeping your books for clinicals in your car as your clincials were off-campus and in another town and why lug those books around to your psychology class for example.

They would have to have her age wrong (if this were to be Maura).

Because Maura was definitely older than 17 at the time she went missing.

I personally don't see a resemblance at all.

Admittedly, those pictures don't really show the woman's facial features very well.

I do not think those photos look like her at all, though I must confess that it is just so easy to tell what with the hat covering up half her face and all the photos being full body shots, many of them taken from a significant distance. Seriously someone give this photographer an award!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pa-mom-missing-for-11-years-and-declared-dead-found-in-florida/

This is an article about a woman who disappeared (under her own volition) and was only found 11 years later. I hope this shows that no, you do not need to really plan out a disappearance, and yes, you can just take off on a whim and make it work. This woman quite literally went to the park for some thinking time, met up with some people, and left for good. She left dinner defrosting and laundry in the dryer.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20020517/NEWS/305179917

Another case of a woman found alive after 17 years. If I were Renner I would at least attempt to interview these people. Why not try and get into the mind of a person who can do this? Ask them how long they planned it out, what their relationships with their families were like, etc.

As I understood it, Maura had a mixture of classes and clinicals going on.

I can understand keeping your books for clinicals in your car as your clincials were off-campus and in another town and why lug those books around to your psychology class for example.

Sure, she was in classes and clinicals both (they happen concurrently). What does that have to do with why the book was in her car, and is there any evidence she was carrying this book around to other classes?

This makes no sense. I don't get what you're saying. All I was commenting on was rresponding to your comment that you didn't think the book was a textbook. It is. That's all.

Obviously if she is trying to say hidden she would not tell the guardsman the true details like age, origin and even back story. Would you?

You can only see half her face. Don't drink the kool aid. James Renner is trying sell books. But assuming it's her, why would she be homeless in Georgia? Is there a history of mental illness? Why leave your one year old ? How did she get to ga from fl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, she was in classes and clinicals both (they happen concurrently). What does that have to do with why the book was in her car, and is there any evidence she was carrying this book around to other classes?

This makes no sense. I don't get what you're saying. All I was commenting on was rresponding to your comment that you didn't think the book was a textbook. It is. That's all.

What I am saying (IMO) is that family sources over the years appear to like to fudge facts and twist them around to fit a certain narrative when it comes to Maura.

1. Her relationship with billy was perfect
2. Maura left West Point on her own terms
3. Maura was the all-American girl
4. Maura just didn't have enough time (14 days) to unpack (A SINGLE THING) from winter break.
5. Maura was drinking cherry mountain dew (Code Red) and surely that is what police found when they are describing the pinkish liquid dumped by Maura's car after her accident
6. Maura had ALL of her textbooks, so it has to prove that she was going to keep up with her studies. ... So she brings all of her studies with her but just a few clothes and very little money for a mysterious and very peculiar (one-week break from school -- afterall, who wouldn't need a break from a new semester of school that began less than two weeks earlier.

Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member