NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. No posts forever then BAM this bomb shell?

1a4a57455a027cd0661d9ded9a784028.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to believe it but I'm very iffy. I often feel we will never know what happened to Maura [emoji17]

Perhaps he's withholding some additional information that he used to authenticate her story, but the four points he makes don't seem all that persuasive to me. Photos from 2004 of the two women I'm guessing that he thinks were with Maura are readily available on his blog, as is information about what they were drinking prior to Maura's disappearance.

If true, it is a remarkable development. But it seems odd that she's just coming forward now, almost eleven years after it happened.

Perhaps he's withholding some additional information that he used to authenticate her story, but the four points he makes don't seem all that persuasive to me. Photos from 2004 of the two women I'm guessing that he thinks were with Maura are readily available on his blog, as is information about what they were drinking prior to Maura's disappearance.

If true, it is a remarkable development. But it seems odd that she's just coming forward now, almost eleven years after it happened.

The post says she told her supervisor right after Maura went missing and the supervisor told an officer but they don't believe the officer did anything with the info. Apparently Frank was informed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The post says she told her supervisor right after Maura went missing and the supervisor told an officer but they don't believe the officer did anything with the info. Apparently Frank was informed as well.

Again, I don't find that, as he presents it, particularly persuasive. Especially coming almost eleven years after it happened. Perhaps he's verified that the cashier worked at Butson's in early 2004 and that the person she says was her supervisor also worked there at that time and was in fact her supervisor. It would be impossible to track down the "random cop" she says the supervisor passed the info onto. It also isn't clear, from his post, how he knows that Fred knew this information.

I think he's completely justified in withholding some of the things that he discoverers--no one will buy his book if he posts all his information on his website for free. But I don't find his four points on how he knows her story to be true very persuasive. Pretty much all the information she gives him is easily discoverable on his website.

A receipt (From a liquor store near Amherst Mass) was found inside Maura's car that as I have always understood matches the content that was left in her car and suggests that there were a few more bottles purchased that went missing along with Maura.

So now Maura supposedly made 2 liquor store stops that day?

It doesn't make any sense, nor does the notion that police would release publically some kook's supposed eye-witness account of seeing Maura at a store mouthing the words help days after she went missing

but they would fail to mention to the public that Maura is believed to have visited a store and a mcdonalds in the very same town she went missing on the day she went missing.

Even if word never got to police officially about this worker's encounter with Maura, supposedly fred was told about it, and yet Fred has never come out publically to ask for the publics help for anyone who happened to be at that store or at that mcdonalds that day.

I think this worker was simply mistaken and wanting to attribute some young females she waited on at the store as being Maura and her friends.

The store in question in Woodsville is a grocery store, not a liquor store, so there were not two liquor store stops. Maura bought the hard stuff and wine from the liquor store and this account describes malt beverage "wine coolers".

James Renner is seasoned enough of a journalist to qualify tips before mentioning them as possible. Renner has some degree of information to believe that this account likely took place as described or nearly as. Credit receipts could be pulled today or perhaps were checked in '04, but it is much more likely that the trio would have used cash as opposed to leaving a trail of electronic payments.

The store in question in Woodsville is a grocery store, not a liquor store, so there were not two liquor store stops. Maura bought the hard stuff and wine from the liquor store and this account describes malt beverage "wine coolers".

James Renner is seasoned enough of a journalist to qualify tips before mentioning them as possible. Renner has some degree of information to believe that this account likely took place as described or nearly as. Credit receipts could be pulled today or perhaps were checked in '04, but it is much more likely that the trio would have used cash as opposed to leaving a trail of electronic payments.

Well they didn't stop at the "grocery store" for swanson tv dinners and apples.

So the suggestion is that Maura made two liquor runs on the day she went missing, right?

So where was the receipt for the grocery store run?

You mean to tell me that Maura and her traveling road-side party friends were smart enough to hide the receipt from the grocery store, but Maura left her Amherst Liquor store receipt out in the open in her car.

So the suggestion is that Maura made two liquor runs on the day she went missing, right?

You mean to tell me that Maura and her traveling road-side party friends were smart enough to hide the receipt from the grocery store, but Maura left her Amherst Liquor store receipt out in the open in her car.

You would think Maura's cross-country party girls would have at least been considerate enough to let Maura reach in her car and grab her bag of clothing and valuables before they left in tandem to the rave party out in the middle of nowhere.

Greetings,

I was wondering if there was anywhere that contained a solid list of know facts about Maura's disappearance? Verifiable stuff like her car was found facing westbound in the eastbound lane of Route 112 from the police report or the alcohol purchased from the found receipt. It seems to be doubly confusing considering that the clues of her disappearance could lead to such widely different possibilities, and that much of what is discussed appears to be hearsay or wild theories.

Blimey. IF this is true, (lets assume for a moment, it is) does that mean her friends lied to the police? and if so, would they face any consequences for doing this?

Three people usually think better than one, especially when inebriated.

Well one thing that I am 100% convinced of is that Maura's friends are lying. I am not sure exactly what it is they are lying about, but they have not been forthright and honest about many things. I do not know how much stock I put into this latest bit of news from Renner's blogs, but I cannot completely discount it. Sara and Kate are clearly covering something up. The Murrays are also very obviously keeping something crucial and material covered up too.

Well, the receipt from the grocery store could have been in Kate or Sara's car, and it was not that they were "smart" about it; it was simply that the cops never once searched Kate or Sara's car. In fact, as far as I can tell, no one really questioned Kate and Sara that much at all.

I could see someone making two booze runs close in time, if for example, the person they met up with wanted a different kind of booze than what was already purchased.

Well, the receipt from the grocery store could have been in Kate or Sara's car, and it was not that they were "smart" about it; it was simply that the cops never once searched Kate or Sara's car. In fact, as far as I can tell, no one really questioned Kate and Sara that much at all.

I could see someone making two booze runs close in time, if for example, the person they met up with wanted a different kind of booze than what was already purchased.

I really don't get the logic that Maura and her friends left Amherst in separate cars that day to travel into the white mountains to attend a party.

But that is just me.

Maura wrecks her car. Her friends which should've been traveling either right ahead of Maura or right behind Maura somehow avoid being seen by any of the witnesses of the accident. They come back and pick Maura up, but Maura doesn't even take the two seconds it would take to reach in her car and grab her belongings.

And Maura's friends return safely back to Amherst and yet Maura vanishes without a trace and the friends are just so good at keeping a secret that they have been able to play along like nothing happened for almost 11 years.

I am just not buying any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member