NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An idea of what her mugshot might look like if it were in color.

maura51a.jpg

it seems strange all this "bombshell" stuff on Renner's blog happened recently, just when he says his book is wrapped up and no more corrections can be submitted. i've read where a tactic used by LE will have someone (a newspaper or journalist, etc.) make big statements in the media about the case because sometimes it flushes out the killer. either the killer gets nervous and agitated and starts making mistakes. or if they are the BTK/Zodiac type and really crave the notoriety, they start to reach out for attention.

Renner's new lead is "an alarming story about someone who was close to Maura Murray at the time of her disappearance." Unless this information is about a suicide assistance guru, it seems Renner is now believes there is a 50% chance Maura was murdered and 50% chance she is living a new life.

I think Renner learned Maura was engaged in an abusive romantic relationship with a man. Consider the conclusions you've come to in the countless cases of missing women who were involved with historically abusive men. This unnamed person is so nasty that Renner, who spent years of his life doggedly pursuing the theory that Maura is alive and well, has lost much of his hope that Maura is alive. Fred may have eventually learned of a relationship with this specific "local dirtbag" and I'll bet he's a lot less optimistic.

If Fred has this same person in mind, it would explain much about his behavior. He could be angry with law enforcement for their inability to pin anything on such an obvious suspect. What would be the point of indulging an internet community that hasn't been kind to his family in details of an embarrassing aspect of Maura's private life? I can see how it would seem like there is nothing internet strangers can do to better investigate a specific suspect than law enforcement, although I disagree. Renner probably wouldn't know whether Murray insiders had already passed this suspect along to LE, partially explaining his reluctance to publicly share the information.

This scenario would also explain the recent comments of that former LE member who said they know who killed her. Also, the supposed print out of an email from Billy where he admitted cheating would take on new significance if Maura were leaving to be with another man.

My mind could go on forever here, but I'd love to hear what websleuths thinks of this theory.

I believe a theory law enforcement had was that Maura plugged her tailpipe after the wreck as a way to try and take her own life.

This really is the elephant in the room, isn't it?

Renner's new lead is "an alarming story about someone who was close to Maura Murray at the time of her disappearance." Unless this information is about a suicide assistance guru, it seems Renner is now believes there is a 50% chance Maura was murdered and 50% chance she is living a new life.

I think Renner learned Maura was engaged in an abusive romantic relationship with a man. Consider the conclusions you've come to in the countless cases of missing women who were involved with historically abusive men. This unnamed person is so nasty that Renner, who spent years of his life doggedly pursuing the theory that Maura is alive and well, has lost much of his hope that Maura is alive. Fred may have eventually learned of a relationship with this specific "local dirtbag" and I'll bet he's a lot less optimistic.

If Fred has this same person in mind, it would explain much about his behavior. He could be angry with law enforcement for their inability to pin anything on such an obvious suspect. What would be the point of indulging an internet community that hasn't been kind to his family in details of an embarrassing aspect of Maura's private life? I can see how it would seem like there is nothing internet strangers can do to better investigate a specific suspect than law enforcement, although I disagree. Renner probably wouldn't know whether Murray insiders had already passed this suspect along to LE, partially explaining his reluctance to publicly share the information.

This scenario would also explain the recent comments of that former LE member who said they know who killed her. Also, the supposed print out of an email from Billy where he admitted cheating would take on new significance if Maura were leaving to be with another man.

My mind could go on forever here, but I'd love to hear what websleuths thinks of this theory.

Sorry, but can you point me to a link or where that quote was taken? I hadn't seen that anywhere before.

Thanks

Seems like someone on a French dating app was (or is) using Maura's photograph in their profile. If you do a reverse image search of Maura in the search engine "Tineye" this result comes up:

http://www.meetcrunch.com/profil/Lakme

Age is listed as 44 (!) and according to google translate the blurb says this:

"not very accustomed . I do not really know how this works.
Sorry.
Shy and I learn to use meet crunch"

Weird- why on earth would you use a missing woman's photo on a dating app?

Has anyone submitted this to LE? I know it is a long shot, but could this be Maura living a new life? It wouldn't make a lot of sense for her to use one of her own pictures if she has started a new life elsewhere, but stranger things have happened. Just thought I would mention it.

This really is the elephant in the room, isn't it?

With Fred desperately trying to get police to find her before she could do personal harm to herself and police investigators looking to tie multiple pieces of evidence to a possible suicide, I would say it's more like an elephant blasting an air horn in a small room.

But as always, just my opinion.

Has anyone submitted this to LE? I know it is a long shot, but could this be Maura living a new life? It wouldn't make a lot of sense for her to use one of her own pictures if she has started a new life elsewhere, but stranger things have happened. Just thought I would mention it.

I agree with Colette- its a fake/catfish thing. If it really was Maura- why would she use a photo of herself that is readily available on the internet? Surely she'd use a new photo of herself that you couldn't reverse google image search? Also- age 44?! the photo is of Maura at like, 21.

I don't and have never thought that the blanket proves that Maura committed suicide, just like Maura having the book in itself doesn't prove suicide, or Maura having the mixture of Tylenol pm and alcohol proves that she committed suicide or that Maura stuffed a rag in the tailpipe of her car while her car had its driver's side passenger window cracked open proves that Maura committed suicide or that Maura refused help from several houses and a store she just passed less than a mile before her wreck proves suicide or that Maura left her valuables behind in her car but took alcohol with her proves that she committed suicide or her father believing she committed suicide right off the bat proves that she committed suicide.

Nor do I believe the families consistent protests and way out there defenses for Maura not committing suicide ... prove that Maura committed suicide.

But when you start putting everything together ...

Respectfully, this is still just your interpretation of those alleged incidents and of the family's response. I don't get the same impression at all when I start putting everything together. Maura could have just as well run off with her bottle of alcohol, avoiding everyone, because she didn't want a DUI.

Why do we even have to push a conclusion at all ...beyond Maura is missing?

You do realize right that in the first five years or more after Maura went missing that the people on the internet were overwhelmingly sympathetic to the family? Much of what people think of as "internet meanness" towards the Murray family came about because people had extremely simple and not mean questions about the case that the Murray not only refused to answer but immediately dismissed as "irrelevant". The vast majority of the people online trying to get to the bottom of this case are perfectly decent and nice people who formed an opinion based on the actions and words of the family that IMO is perfectly reasonable.

So, for example, when people very reasonably ask if Maura had $4,000 in cash on her, and the Fred Murray will neither confirm nor deny, then we are forced to draw our own conclusions.

I have said this on several occasions here, but I see I am forced to say it again: Fred, Julie, and Kathleen Murray are all literate adults with access to the internet and, more importantly, access to journalists who write for major publications. Any one of these people can, at any time (today even), come forward and confirm or deny rumors or falsehoods. The fact that they absolutely refuse to do soon is very strong evidence to me that much of the "bad" things that have been said about Maura are probably true.

I haven't followed this case nearly as much as some others but the story that seems to resurface every now and than is that Fred was involved or knows more than he is saying. Either way, it's hard to have a clear mind and make up your mind when you have such a confusing story with many twists and turns. The attitude of the family as a whole since 2004 has been fishy, if anything.

FYI, in the chat for the recent live podcast episode, James said the police believe Maura was pregnant.

Didn't Fred say at some point this couldn't be true because she was taking BCPs. I thought this was rather a strange thing to say because BCPs are only as effective as the person who is taking them. Some brands you have to take within a small time frame at the exact same time each day to be effective, not to mention a single bout of diarrhoea could easily render them useless. If maura *was* in fact bulimic that could easily be another way of rendering them useless. Even if they *are* taken perfectly, there is still a small chance they can fail.

Just a thought but I wonder if Maura's break down at work was because she had just done a pregnancy test? For quite a while now, tests have been so accurate that you dont need to test first thing in the morning any more, you can do them any time of day.

It probably doesn't change what happened at the crash site......but IF she was pregnant....then going to a cabin with lots of alcohol would imo be most likely to try and make herself 'un-pregnant'.

FYI, in the chat for the recent live podcast episode, James said the police believe Maura was pregnant.

Wow This case has just turned into one big ugly rumor mill. Maura was pregnant because Renner said so in a chat room? He also said she was a sociopath on the Podcast. This is just wrong, IMO. It may sell books but it does nothing to help find Maura Murray. smh

MHO

It wouldn't be hard to determine if she was taking the birth control properly. More than likely the pharmacy label would have the date she refilled it, so by looking at the number of pills left you'd have a good idea.

So if she last filled it a month prior, and she nearly had a full pack left in the car, one could conclude she wasn't taking it properly and possibly pregnant. Or conversely, if it was refilled at the beginning of February and there was nearly a full pack, she probably was taking it correctly.

It wouldn't be hard to determine if she was taking the birth control properly. More than likely the pharmacy label would have the date she refilled it, so by looking at the number of pills left you'd have a good idea.

So if she last filled it a month prior, and she nearly had a full pack left in the car, one could conclude she wasn't taking it properly and possibly pregnant. Or conversely, if it was refilled at the beginning of February and there was nearly a full pack, she probably was taking it correctly.

Vomiting can throw it off (so, drinking too much and puking, or illness, or bulimia, or anything that causes someone to chuck up, can make it ineffective).

Also, even if the correct number of pills are missing, it doesn't mean the person was taking them correctly. I know way too many girls who thought they could take two or three at once to make up for a few days without taking one.

I therefore don't think the state of the pills will be much use. But maybe I'm just overly scared of the effectiveness of BCP! Always use a johnny, chaps, even if she tells you she's on pills.

Wow This case has just turned into one big ugly rumor mill. Maura was pregnant because Renner said so in a chat room? He also said she was a sociopath on the Podcast. This is just wrong, IMO. It may sell books but it does nothing to help find Maura Murray. smh

MHO

I agree with you about the sociopath part. That is a clinical diagnosis that needs to be made by a psychologist/psychiatrist and has massively negative connotations so I think its pretty irresponsible to be throwing out labels like that so flippantly.

However, if the police did, in fact, find searches on her computer regarding pregnancy, I think its perfectly reasonable to speculate that that might have been a contributory factor in her wanting to run away.

I agree with you about the sociopath part. That is a clinical diagnosis that needs to be made by a psychologist/psychiatrist and has massively negative connotations so I think its pretty irresponsible to be throwing out labels like that so flippantly.

However, if the police did, in fact, find searches on her computer regarding pregnancy, I think its perfectly reasonable to speculate that that might have been a contributory factor in her wanting to run away.

I think if someone searched female college students' computer histories they would find most have googled pregnancy though. It could be a clue but it could also just be a common concern. Maybe specific terms and phrases would give more. If she were searching how to treat morning sickness or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member