NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone watched the show on oxygen network? They retraced the entire case... i think that need to search that property of the A frame house where they found the blood on the wood chips. They should also search the other properties where the brothers may have had access to.. But that’s just my opinion after watching the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amireau: she is not at the A frame house. If her blood was on the wood chips, we would have known that by now.

Amireau: she is not at the A frame house. If her blood was on the wood chips, we would have known that by now.

In the final episode of the series they had it tested and it was a female dna type but they never officially said if the blood was hers.. part of me wonders if that was done for the show or not...I don’t think the police wanted to publicly comment on that, i would love to know what they think though...

Here’s the link to the show episode

http://www.oxygen.com/the-disappearance-of-maura-murray

Has anyone watched the show on oxygen network? They retraced the entire case... i think that need to search that property of the A frame house where they found the blood on the wood chips. They should also search the other properties where the brothers may have had access to.. But that’s just my opinion after watching the show

The Oxygen program was a complete joke. There was no need to watch it. All you would need to do is look up the wikipedia page and you could have gotten pretty much all the info that the show covered. The conclusions they came to were based on nothing more than hearsay and rumor.

Maggie Freleng is a horrible documentarist. The show had the quality of a college project with a slight budget added to it. Which probably shouldn't be too surprising as Maggie hasn't been out of school for too long.

It’s not digging, nor am I being facile, as one poster suggested. Once she left the scene of the accident, Maura became just another young woman out walking. Too many women to list have met with foul play under identical circumstances. (As I’ve said before, Gerald Stano’s biography was called ‘I Would Find a Girl Walking’ and he’s far from the only one who operated that way.) And given the cold, the probability of alcohol in her system, and the fact that she had just committed a crime, she was particularly vulnerable to the first normal looking guy who came along and offered to help.

Believe me, I’d love nothing more than to be wrong and Maura’s bones to be found by the river somewhere but nipping at the heels of that scenario is foul play. That cannot be dismissed because it happens all the time.

So what needs to be done? IMO We need to forget about UMass, widen the search radius (10 miles at least, following the river back to the road in a thorough grid), while at the same time reinterviewing suspects and POIs. Too much time has passed already but I don’t think this case is necessarily unsolvable.

I agree - chance encounter leading to foul play cannot be ruled out. There are way more creeps out there than any of us think, and they aren't only in heavily populated or traveled areas. I've watched a lot of crime shows in my life, and this is a story I've seen more than a few times- woman by herself + car trouble = disappeared or found dead.

I think there is perception that this is so unlikely because very few people are murderers, and very few people were travelling the area, therefore the likelihood of both being true is practically zero. But I disagree with it being so impossible as to cross it off the list. I believe the decision or even the idea to kill can develop well after the initial encounter. My point is, this theory isn't dependent on some psycho guy patrolling for a victim in the right place at the right time. I also feel that minimal traffic/houses in the area can go both ways: few chance encounters if there isn't much traffic, but if there is a chance encounter it's unlikely to be witnessed and therefore potentially more manageable to pull off undetected.

Just playing devils advocate. For the record this possibility does not land 1st on my list.

Do Not Get Personal In Your Posts Please.

You must be respectful of each other's opinions.

Thank you,
Tricia

I agree - chance encounter leading to foul play cannot be ruled out. There are way more creeps out there than any of us think, and they aren't only in heavily populated or traveled areas. I've watched a lot of crime shows in my life, and this is a story I've seen more than a few times- woman by herself + car trouble = disappeared or found dead.

I think there is perception that this is so unlikely because very few people are murderers, and very few people were travelling the area, therefore the likelihood of both being true is practically zero. But I disagree with it being so impossible as to cross it off the list. I believe the decision or even the idea to kill can develop well after the initial encounter. My point is, this theory isn't dependent on some psycho guy patrolling for a victim in the right place at the right time. I also feel that minimal traffic/houses in the area can go both ways: few chance encounters if there isn't much traffic, but if there is a chance encounter it's unlikely to be witnessed and therefore potentially more manageable to pull off undetected.

Just playing devils advocate. For the record this possibility does not land 1st on my list.

Thank you. The idea that 112 is a super lonely road that no one travels is also a bit of a fallacy. It's a tad off the beaten path but it's a thoroughfare that leads directly to and from one of the most popular ski resorts in New Hampshire.

Do Not Get Personal In Your Posts Please.

You must be respectful of each other's opinions.

Thank you,
Tricia

Thanks Tricia. I was ready to message a mod yesterday because of how personal it was getting and how on-the-nose the misogyny of it was. There's no need for that here; we get plenty of it as it is via Reddit and James Renner.

As soon as the blood evidence was made public (I'm talking 2006-2007, when the carpet samples were taken) Claude Moulton's live-in girlfriend came out and said the blood was hers, and that it was menstrual blood - a weak argument for the amount they apparently found and the fact that the closet in which it was located was in the room of a child. My instinct tells me she's covering for her abuser (Moulton has a history of this stuff - not hearsay, but an actual criminal record) and that any testing of the blood would reveal that it is, in fact. hers.

Thank you. The idea that 112 is a super lonely road that no one travels is also a bit of a fallacy. It's a tad off the beaten path but it's a thoroughfare that leads directly to and from one of the most popular ski resorts in New Hampshire.

Then it seems like it would be a rather dangerous road for an offender to patrol if it has a lot of car traffic and not very much, if any, foot traffic.

As soon as the blood evidence was made public (I'm talking 2006-2007, when the carpet samples were taken) Claude Moulton's live-in girlfriend came out and said the blood was hers, and that it was menstrual blood - a weak argument for the amount they apparently found and the fact that the closet in which it was located was in the room of a child. My instinct tells me she's covering for her abuser (Moulton has a history of this stuff - not hearsay, but an actual criminal record) and that any testing of the blood would reveal that it is, in fact. hers.
"Hers" meaning Maura's or meaning the gf's (from a domestic violence incident)?
Was Moulton's live--in girlfriend living there at the time of Maura's disappearance? It's unlikely that Moulton would abduct Maura unless he had the house to himself.

I am not sure any solid evidence has come forward that Claude was even living there at the time Maura disappeared. Honestly I think people should really take everything that there is to do with the A-Frame house with a grain of salt. The police have never been involved in anything regarding that accusation of Claude Moulton killing Maura. It was all a family lead investigation with investigators that the family hired.

Also given that the police have pretty much dismissed everything regarding that accusation I think there is a good chance it was just the family trying to come up with something.

"Hers" meaning Maura's or meaning the gf's (from a domestic violence incident)?
Was Moulton's live--in girlfriend living there at the time of Maura's disappearance? It's unlikely that Moulton would abduct Maura unless he had the house to himself.

Hers meaning the girlfriend. Not Maura’s.

Okay, who was it traced to, and why were they breathing on the guy's phone?

I'm just going by what I read in Wikipedia. I have not been following this case from the beginning and only learned about a few months ago on this forum. So, if you know some inside secrets let me know, but as far as I can see, this woman set out on a suicide mission, and apparently succeeded. My point being: she certainly did not sucome to the elements around the crash site, and was very unlikely pickup nearby by the town murderer.

It was a Red Cross telemarketing call, something like that. It was ruled out very early on in the investigation.

I do tend to agree with others assessment of the Oxygen show, it started out fairly interesting but somewhere along the way it took a turn and became junk reality drama TV and really has no value other than crime drama entertainment.

I can also suggest that 99% of what is discussed ad nauseam on this and every other forum out there has been thoroughly investigated very early on in the investigation. The A frame house is very interesting and exciting to those looking for an interesting crime story but fact of the matter is it has been looked at a thousand ways to Sunday and there is nothing there.

You can see how much interest the State Police has in the 'wood chips' they were given by those 'podcast' guys, who are perhaps the most ridiculous people to be involved in this 'case'.

I feel bad for that Art Roderick guy, you can tell how much pain he is in trying to walk the line between a former cop and a reality TV host.

I guess this is another area where I must disagree, based on many drives over that road at night. A hundred years ago when I was a cop South of the Notch and when we had to bring prisoners to the Grafton County Jail we would drive that road after dark many many many times, perhaps a hundred or more? And I can say that back then that road was very dark, quiet and had very few cars on it. There is just not that much there and not a lot of people drive from Haverhill to Lincoln/Woodstock at night.

Again, just my experience.

You can see how much interest the State Police has in the 'wood chips' they were given by those 'podcast' guys, who are perhaps the most ridiculous people to be involved in this 'case'.

Exactly. And you could pretty much dismiss the Oxygen program as soon as they decided to start featuring people who run a 'podcast'. Kind of shows that the program probably shouldn't have been made when they were resorting to that level.

Those two on the Missing Maura Murray podcast are definitely a double edged sword for this case. On one hand they do do a good job in keeping the publics attention for the case but at the same time the things they try to do and the conclusions they come to probably do the case more harm than good.. They really aren't any different than if two people from this forum wanted to start a podcast over the Maura Murray case

I am new to this community and when the disappearance of Maura Murray happened I was still living back home -Tenerife- and Spanish TV did not pay much attention to this case ; only one documentary was shown on television.

This is one of the two cases that haunt me and I would love to see it resolved -for the sake of Maura's father; it breaks my heart everything this man has gone through the past few years- and I wonder if those of you who have followed this case closely could please answer a few questions about some circumstances that puzzle me about this case. I would really appreciate it.

- Was there ever a thorough investigation on Maura's communications via Internet in the months prior to her disappearance? People, countries these people were from and content of the emails.

- The documentary on Spanish TV showed she had inquired several times about holiday homes in another state of New England, did the police ever find more evidence on this and the reasons she might have done that?

- The documentary shown on Spanish TV said a woman came forward a few months later saying she had seen a woman with the same physical appearance as Maura's leaving a supermarket with a much older man and that she looked at this woman and "lip synced" the words "Help me" with a terrified look on her face. This female witness said on camera she ran to get the car's plate number -she said she saw this female and the man getting into a car- but did not have time to write it down or memorize it. Was this woman ever considered a reliable witness and this theory -abduction- pursued or was this person proved to be just telling lies?

Sincere apologies if these issues have been discussed previously. It is difficult sometimes to follow cases from the other side of the Atlantic; very little information and sketchy most of the time.

Hi yurena, welcome to the forum. This is indeed a very puzziling case here in the USA. But the show you watched really just seems to be trying to make money off someone else's grief. It's not likely that Murrea is being held captive by some old man. It's not believed that she is still alive. The big mystery is where is she at, and how far did she make it from her car accident cash site.

There are a few nutty people here in the US that swear that she was picked up and dragged away by a murderer, but any normal person looking at the case knows that it's simply not true.

That's about it. The tv shows your watching are just trying to make money. After all that's show biz.

Sadly Ibiz I do not think she is alive either but this case has too many elements that do not add up. I cannot understand why there are no clear leads at this stage; I could if this would have happened in NYC or Chicago but this happened in the middle of nowhere in NH, what is the opinion in the USA Ibiz? could more have been done or do people -in general terms- think the investigation has been handled properly? I just feel plenty of precious time was wasted during the first few hours of her disappearance which tend to be critical to resolve a case like this.

There are a few nutty people here in the US that swear that she was picked up and dragged away by a murderer, but any normal person looking at the case knows that it's simply not true.
LE considers foul play a legitimate possibility. It isn't my top theory, but it is more likely than suicide. The bus driver, Butch, called the police to report the accident. The state trooper arrived within minutes, but Maura had already disappeared. It is plausible, therefore, thst someone offeted her a ride. She had withdrawn $280 from the bank and had been looking for short-term rentals, so even though she wanted to get away, perhaps to unwind or clear her head, she probably wasn't suicidal, at least prior to the wreck. Normal temperatures for that area on February 9th would have been a high of 30° F and a low of 8°, far colder than what's needed for death by hypothermia. She may have been drinking, and alcohol consumption increases the risk of hypothermia.
https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/advice/staying-safe-while-drinking/alcohol-and-cold-weather/
Moreover, she had apparently hit her head on the windshield, which was cracked, and may well have died from a subdural or epidural hematoma, neither of which would have been immediately obvious.
The most likely fate for Maura is that she wandered off the road, perhaps to avoid being seen by the cop that Butch had called, and died of hypothermia or a traumatic brain injury or both. However, murder at the hands of a rape-slayer is the second most likely possibility. Suicide ranks squarely in third place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johndavid125