NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are people on this forum that won’t agree with my take on the Maura Murray disappearance. They think that here has to be more to it. It’s actually pretty simple if you know the area, have seen the vehicle, and read everything about it.

I have read everything on the internet about the Maura Murray case, have seen the vehicle, I know the area, and this is what I think.

I think Maura Murray was dumping her boyfriend for someone new that only her sisters may have know about.

I don't think that Maura Murray was driving the car the night of the accident. I think the accident was staged. I saw the car at the auto body lot within a week of the accident and knew right away that the damage to the vehicle could not have come from the accident scene. There was far too much front end damage to be caused by a snow bank. There was no way she hit a tree as there was a guard rail behind the packed snow bank. After the accident the guard rail still wasn't showing where it was hit. The snow bank absorbed the impact. I have taken auto body classes and worked with metal as a hobby for the last 20 years.

Maura Murray called her sister the night before the accident. I think that the sister helped set this up. The police did not believe what the sister had to say to them.

Parents don't always know what their kids are up to and often come out and say "Not my child. My child couldn't do anything like that". They try to believe that their children don't have any evil tendencies. Maura Murray lied to a lot of people prior to the accident. If she was that good at telling a lie then perhaps she was duping people right along and they didn't see through her.

She most likely staged the accident and subsequent disappearance to be with some one that she knew her parents and friends would not approve of.

The father said he thought that she met with foul play from some dirt bag in the area. There are more dirt bags per square inch in Weymouth than in the entire area that the accident was in. I live just south of Boston and spend a lot of time in Weymouth so I know what I'm talking about here.

Then there is the question of the UMass student from Dorchester that was run down by a hit and run driver. I believe that Maura Murray was the driver in that accident as well. Her perceived mental breakdown as it was put was because she found out that the person did not die and was in serious condition. This gives her a chance to make a getaway before the person can point the finger at her. But what if the person wakes up and fingers her right away. This was more than likely what the call to the sister was about.

Maura Murray did like her booze contrary to some of the posters beliefs. She would put Bailey's in her morning coffee. This is a true sign of a person that has an alcohol dependency.

My final thought is regarding Fred Murray. You need to look a little more into his background. Does he have a criminal record either as an adult or a juvenile? If so what was the offence.

Take the Murray family in for questioning and have them submit to polygraph tests. This will eliminate anyone that is holding back information about this case.

Maura Murray is living somewhere up north. She probably got married and has changed her name. She is probably working as an aid in the medical profession under her new name. She made a decision to run and start a new life.

Neil

If the police dogs followed her scent eastbound and it vanished then she did not run down a side road. She got into a vehicle.
Police dogs aren't infallible. Sarah Rogers disappeared from her abandoned car in Maine. The dogs tracked her scent a short while and then it abruptly stopped leading authorities to believe she got into a car. Last March her body was found a half mile from her car.

I believe that Maura left her car so police wouldn't arrest her for DUI and then entered the woods where she died from hypothermia.

That's not possible if you read the MULTI-AGENCY CASE REVIEW.

At the time of Maura’s disappearance, there was approx. 2 ½ feet of snow on the
ground. Searchers were able to easily distinguish deer and moose tracks in the
area, and the snow cover greatly assisted the searchers in eliminating possible
area’s where Maura could have traveled off of the main roads in the area.

There where no foot prints in the snow on the sides of the road. If there aren't foot prints then the person couldn't have left the road unless they flew.

Neil

I think if MM was the woman that the person saw run down the dirt road then she had plenty of places to run. Here is a description of the road that she was on from the NH tourism site.

Undoubtedly, one of the most spectacular sections of the White Mountains Trail is the Kancamagus Highway, which stretches 341/2 miles from Conway in the east to Lincoln in the west. “The Kanc,” as it is known, traverses the White Mountain National Forest, crossing the flank of Mt. Kancamagus and climbing to nearly 3,000 feet in the process. Along its length are numerous hiking trails, federally designated Scenic Areas, and overlooks that provide travelers with truly breathtaking views.

Just to be clear, Maura was not on the Kancamagus Highway, she was on Route 112. Kancamagus Highway and Route 112 are one in the same road from Conway to I-93 in Lincoln. West of Lincoln, the road is just Route 112 and takes on a very different character than the Kanc. The Kanc is a scenic highway with lots of stop offs for people to take pictures, its a windy mountain road for sure but there's always people around. During leaf peeping season you'll run into bumper-to-bumper traffic. Even in the winter there's plenty of traffic thanks to Loon, etc. Route 112 west of I-93 is a country road, not touristy at all, its windy and dark at night. There's a few trails just west of the Kanc still in the White Mtn Forest but out by Haverhill, not many. That's the part Maura was on.

Just to be clear, Maura was not on the Kancamagus Highway, she was on Route 112. Kancamagus Highway and Route 112 are one in the same road from Conway to I-93 in Lincoln. West of Lincoln, the road is just Route 112 and takes on a very different character than the Kanc. The Kanc is a scenic highway with lots of stop offs for people to take pictures, its a windy mountain road for sure but there's always people around. During leaf peeping season you'll run into bumper-to-bumper traffic. Even in the winter there's plenty of traffic thanks to Loon, etc. Route 112 west of I-93 is a country road, not touristy at all, its windy and dark at night. There's a few trails just west of the Kanc still in the White Mtn Forest but out by Haverhill, not many. That's the part Maura was on.

She was about 1 mile east of the covered bridge.

There are tourist areas in the section of 112 that you describe. The Polar Caves are about midway between Lincoln and Haverhill. There are also several swimming and camping areas as well as hiking trails.

Neil

There may be a limited amount of tourist areas in the White Mtn Forest area of Route 112 but the route you were describing and the photo you posted of downtown Lincoln are 15 miles away from the crash. I think if you've been to the area you'll agree that the Kanc and that section of Route 112 where Murray crashed are nothing alike.

The reason for the web cam was to show that there are cctv systems watching the area. Not to say that she was at that end. I said that if she continued on with her route then a web cam such as the one that I pointed to or one on the highway would have picked up a car license plate that went through the area shortly afterward. I'm sure by now the video is long gone but at the time it was available and should have been looked at just as all of the bus station video from Boston to Concord should have been looked at.

Neil

Neil

I think she may very well have been the driver in the accident at school as well.
I think though that was more of why she would take off as opposed to dumping her boyfriend.

Neil

I think she may very well have been the driver in the accident at school as well.
I think though that was more of why she would take off as opposed to dumping her boyfriend.

Maybe, but until I see the note that she left for the boyfriend and going by what the police had to say then I would have to guess that it was a combination of both.

Also, Atwood said that he didn't think the girl in the car was Maura Murray. He said they looked similar but didn't think it was her.

Neil

Does anyone know if Maura Murray was left or right handed?

If she was left handed then the person that reported seeing a male smoking a cigarette would be wrong. The cell phone would have been held to the left ear and light from a cell phone would be visible. Otherwise if she was right handed then the person that reported seeing the male smoking a cigarette would be correct as the cell phone would be held to the right ear and no lights from the phone would be visible. This is of course assuming that the couple was looking from the opposite side of the street from the red barn.

Neil

Here is the picture of Maura Murray's car. I have circled the section of damage that could not have occurred in the accident in Haverhill. You can see that there are parts of the metal that are pounded outwards with a non body shop hammer. A body shop or auto body person would use a body shop hammer with a dolly to pound out the dent leaving no large hammer marks such as the ones in the photo. A dolly is a heavy flat piece of metal that is held behind the panel so that when the panel is hit with a body shop hammer the blow doesn't push the metal out the other side as has been done in this picture.

Neil

Attachments

• murraycar_2.jpg
    murraycar_2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 48
While I had the car photo open in Photoshop something caught my eye that tells a little more about 2 accidents instead of just 1. I have attached a cropped photo that is blown up a little to show 2 other small dents in the hood that are inconsistent with hitting the snow bank and the folding of the hood. You can see in the picture where I have a red circle at the top of the photo that the dent there is in a downward motion as if something had fallen on the hood. The middle dent that I have circled and the first one that I have circled show a direct line of something being hit and thrown onto the car. Snow would not do this.

Neil

Attachments

• murraycar_3.jpg
    murraycar_3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 53
I know there are people on this forum that won’t agree with my take on the Maura Murray disappearance. They think that here has to be more to it. It’s actually pretty simple if you know the area, have seen the vehicle, and read everything about it.

I have read everything on the internet about the Maura Murray case, have seen the vehicle, I know the area, and this is what I think.

I think Maura Murray was dumping her boyfriend for someone new that only her sisters may have know about.

I don't think that Maura Murray was driving the car the night of the accident. I think the accident was staged. I saw the car at the auto body lot within a week of the accident and knew right away that the damage to the vehicle could not have come from the accident scene. There was far too much front end damage to be caused by a snow bank. There was no way she hit a tree as there was a guard rail behind the packed snow bank. After the accident the guard rail still wasn't showing where it was hit. The snow bank absorbed the impact. I have taken auto body classes and worked with metal as a hobby for the last 20 years.

Maura Murray called her sister the night before the accident. I think that the sister helped set this up. The police did not believe what the sister had to say to them.

Parents don't always know what their kids are up to and often come out and say "Not my child. My child couldn't do anything like that". They try to believe that their children don't have any evil tendencies. Maura Murray lied to a lot of people prior to the accident. If she was that good at telling a lie then perhaps she was duping people right along and they didn't see through her.

She most likely staged the accident and subsequent disappearance to be with some one that she knew her parents and friends would not approve of.

The father said he thought that she met with foul play from some dirt bag in the area. There are more dirt bags per square inch in Weymouth than in the entire area that the accident was in. I live just south of Boston and spend a lot of time in Weymouth so I know what I'm talking about here.

Then there is the question of the UMass student from Dorchester that was run down by a hit and run driver. I believe that Maura Murray was the driver in that accident as well. Her perceived mental breakdown as it was put was because she found out that the person did not die and was in serious condition. This gives her a chance to make a getaway before the person can point the finger at her. But what if the person wakes up and fingers her right away. This was more than likely what the call to the sister was about.

Maura Murray did like her booze contrary to some of the posters beliefs. She would put Bailey's in her morning coffee. This is a true sign of a person that has an alcohol dependency.

My final thought is regarding Fred Murray. You need to look a little more into his background. Does he have a criminal record either as an adult or a juvenile? If so what was the offence.

Take the Murray family in for questioning and have them submit to polygraph tests. This will eliminate anyone that is holding back information about this case.

Maura Murray is living somewhere up north. She probably got married and has changed her name. She is probably working as an aid in the medical profession under her new name. She made a decision to run and start a new life.

Neil

Yes, the thought occurred to me also: MM possibly hit the UMass student in a drunken state & then panicked later on. She surely didn't want the young man to die, but she may have been overcome by both guilt & fear of being caught.

JMO: she was being put under extreme pressure to perform academically; first in an engineering school, then at UMass. Did it drive her to drink too much at least occasionally?

If you scroll down near the bottom of the page in the following link you will see the webcam for RT.112. It gives a pretty clear shot of the road.

This webcam is on Main St (Kancamagus Highway) in Lincoln, New Hampshire Route 112, facing East.

http://www.nhtourguide.com/live_web_cam_nh.htm

Neil

But is the video footage saved? Are all cameras capable of saving the files or are they just "live"?

Yes, the thought occurred to me also: MM possibly hit the UMass student in a drunken state & then panicked later on. She surely didn't want the young man to die, but she may have been overcome by both guilt & fear of being caught.

JMO: she was being put under extreme pressure to perform academically; first in an engineering school, then at UMass. Did it drive her to drink too much at least occasionally?

I think the timeline will help here. For example: When did she start searching online for map directions to Vermont? Also, what time did she call the Stowe, VT number to find accommodations? If she made plans to go up north, before the student was hit, then it is unlikely Maura was connected.

While I had the car photo open in Photoshop something caught my eye that tells a little more about 2 accidents instead of just 1. I have attached a cropped photo that is blown up a little to show 2 other small dents in the hood that are inconsistent with hitting the snow bank and the folding of the hood. You can see in the picture where I have a red circle at the top of the photo that the dent there is in a downward motion as if something had fallen on the hood. The middle dent that I have circled and the first one that I have circled show a direct line of something being hit and thrown onto the car. Snow would not do this.

Neil

I believe she hit a tree first, then swerved around into the westbound lane and hit the snowbank where she came to a stop. She had 2 impacts.

I believe she hit a tree first, then swerved around into the westbound lane and hit the snowbank where she came to a stop. She had 2 impacts.

On second thought, I think she ended up in the eastbound lane with her car facing west. All and all, she did have 2 impacts---one with a tree and the final one with a snowbank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay