NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always enjoy what you have to say and your thought process!

I BBM your mention of running and wanted your opinion... I'm sure you have seen the video (I'll get a link to it and post it ETA) of MM's last bit of travel, the video shows the road conditions similar, but while there is still light outside... Now imagine that road at late dusk... would you chance running? As a runner, I wouldn't! Had to many close calls running at night and twisting ankle on stones in roadways. Imagine it with a bit of snow/ice...

That makes sense, you did say you were a street runner so you have experience. It sounds like Murray was a track and field runner, where I'm guessing (hoping!) you wouldn't find stones and have to deal with traffic. So maybe she didn't consider that if she took off running...?

Thanks - this is a great forum and I'm glad to have found it.

As Kiln_Wood pointed out, the county attorney is the step-mother of the person in question. As to your other questions, honestly I don't know much more than you do. From what I read on the Topix discussion, this guy is thought to be rather disturbed, even "psychotic," by most or all who know him. The kind of person you get a bad gut feeling from just spotting randomly in public. I would guess his family has a hunch he could be responsible for MM's disappearance, but they don't know for sure. I do agree that it's unlikely that he did it, they know it, and there is some sort of massive cover-up to save their family reputation.

Anyway, even disregarding this guy's unseemly reputation, it raises flags that
his father's concrete company poured a new concrete floor, in the dead of winter, not long after MM disappeared -- and denied LE the right to search the property.

Assuming for a moment this guy is the perp: what's perturbing is the thought that he may have committed other crimes, who knows how many. There is, after all, an alarming number of women who went missing not all that far from where MM did. Brianna Maitland springs to mind. Just a thought.

It sounds like the new concrete floor was poured in a building owned by RS's father. Am I correct? I wonder if any of the employees were involved in the pouring? I also wonder if the floor actually needed to be replaced. The employees should be able to answer that question.

IIRC Brianna Maitland's disappearance link to MM...
While at first there seemed a link could be made, the more that was leaned, the less likely.... again IIRC...

IIRC Brianna Maitland's disappearance link to MM...
While at first there seemed a link could be made, the more that was leaned, the less likely.... again IIRC...

Yes, both Vermont and NH LE don't think the cases are linked. I agree with them after reading up on Brianna Maitland's case. IIRC, VT LE have an idea who may be responsible for Brianna's disappearance. They think it may be linked to NYC drug dealers, who have moved up into that Vermont area. They just don't have any proof or body to move the case forward. Brianna also had some enemies, who may have been responsible. In other words, Brianna's case doesn't seem to connect to Maura's. It seems likely someone that knew Brianna was responsible, rather than a stranger.

It sounds like the new concrete floor was poured in a building owned by RS's father. Am I correct? I wonder if any of the employees were involved in the pouring? I also wonder if the floor actually needed to be replaced. The employees should be able to answer that question.
Yes, from what I gathered it sounded like one of RS's (or his father's) businesses - I forget if the concrete company itself or something else - had a new floor poured in that winter. As to who was present at the time, it's unclear. One thing is certain, LE should've looked more into this concrete business at the time; though if they couldn't search the place I guess there's not a whole lot they could do.

Re: Brianna Maitland, I think the more I read about the case the more I agree they're probably not connected. Maitland did seem to have a lot of people in her life who would have reason to target her, whereas Maura's problems were personal/emotional; as has been said many times, she likely either succumbed to the elements or to the sick whims of a total stranger.

A while back on this forum, I provided a link of a Rick F. in Dalton, who is into ice fishing. I wasn't sure this was the right guy, but the age fits and the location of Dalton to Woodsville looked right to me, since it wasn't that far from where he once lived on Rt. 112. Do you have any other evidence that it is the contractor? Also, are you from the area?

Has this question be answered yet? Is there a dob on this one?
:waitasec:

Yes, from what I gathered it sounded like one of RS's (or his father's) businesses - I forget if the concrete company itself or something else - had a new floor poured in that winter. As to who was present at the time, it's unclear. One thing is certain, LE should've looked more into this concrete business at the time; though if they couldn't search the place I guess there's not a whole lot they could do.

Re: Brianna Maitland, I think the more I read about the case the more I agree they're probably not connected. Maitland did seem to have a lot of people in her life who would have reason to target her, whereas Maura's problems were personal/emotional; as has been said many times, she likely either succumbed to the elements or to the sick whims of a total stranger.

LE could ask the employees questions. They could find out who they are, then question them at their homes. An employee may know something.
Just a thought.

Always enjoy what you have to say and your thought process!

I BBM your mention of running and wanted your opinion... I'm sure you have seen the video (I'll get a link to it and post it ETA) of MM's last bit of travel, the video shows the road conditions similar, but while there is still light outside... Now imagine that road at late dusk... would you chance running? As a runner, I wouldn't! Had to many close calls running at night and twisting ankle on stones in roadways. Imagine it with a bit of snow/ice...

Link to video:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #7

Hi, Old Steve, from another "oldie".

I thought I had replied to you, but I often tap these out on the iPad and I think it didn't "take" for some reason. (That's also why sometimes there are more typos than there should be.)

Because of the issues you raise about the road conditions and lateness of the hour, I do not think a sensible, sober, and clear-headed Maura would have ever tried to "run" or jog off after the accident. She would also have been tired from driving and maybe a little buzzed or shaken up after the wreck. That said, it is possible that her level of conditioning and her confidence in herself physically might have encouraged her to think she could walk away from the accident and find a place to lay low and get fully sober. She might not have realized how far away she was from a safe and public place or how dangerous it would be to walk/jog/run in that area after dark, regardless of road conditions.

I've seen stories of women who were abducted while jogging on rural roads, often while listening to music. Even in the daytime, women are vulnerable if they are alone on a road and accosted by a man or men in a vehicle. I've jogged in places like that, in daylight, before, and never felt comfortable. But runners get used to going out alone and nothing happens and so they feel like it is OK. So I think it is possible she might have looked at two possibilities--one to get a DUI for the wreck, or two, walk out of there and call for help once she was fully OK--and she picked the wrong one.

Then, of course, there is the fact that the dogs stopped tracking, what? 100 yards up the road?

I thought I had replied to you, but I often tap these out on the iPad and I think it didn't "take" for some reason. (That's also why sometimes there are more typos than there should be.)

Because of the issues you raise about the road conditions and lateness of the hour, I do not think a sensible, sober, and clear-headed Maura would have ever tried to "run" or jog off after the accident. She would also have been tired from driving and maybe a little buzzed or shaken up after the wreck. That said, it is possible that her level of conditioning and her confidence in herself physically might have encouraged her to think she could walk away from the accident and find a place to lay low and get fully sober. She might not have realized how far away she was from a safe and public place or how dangerous it would be to walk/jog/run in that area after dark,
regardless of road conditions.

I've seen stories of women who were abducted while jogging on rural roads, often while listening to music. Even in the daytime, women are vulnerable if they are alone on a road and accosted by a man or men in a vehicle. I've jogged in places like that, in daylight, before, and never felt comfortable. But runners get used to going out alone and nothing happens and so they feel like it is OK. So I think it is possible she might have looked at two possibilities--one to get a DUI for the wreck, or two, walk out of there and call for help
once she was fully OK--and she picked the wrong one.

Then, of course, there is the fact that the dogs stopped tracking, what? 100 yards up the road?

I agree. In isolated areas, there are no witnesses and predators like that situation. If Maura ran east into the dark forest, she was very vulnerable.

Because of the issues you raise about the road conditions and lateness of the hour, I do not think a sensible, sober, and clear-headed Maura would have ever tried to "run" or jog off after the accident. She would also have been tired from driving and maybe a little buzzed or shaken up after the wreck. That said, it is possible that her level of conditioning and her confidence in herself physically might have encouraged her to think she could walk away from the accident and find a place to lay low and get fully sober. She might not have realized how far away she was from a safe and public place or how dangerous it would be to walk/jog/run in that area after dark, regardless of road conditions.

I've seen stories of women who were abducted while jogging on rural roads, often while listening to music. Even in the daytime, women are vulnerable if they are alone on a road and accosted by a man or men in a vehicle. I've jogged in places like that, in daylight, before, and never felt comfortable. But runners get used to going out alone and nothing happens and so they feel like it is OK. So I think it is possible she might have looked at two possibilities--one to get a DUI for the wreck, or two, walk out of there and call for help once she was fully OK--and she picked the wrong one.

My opinions only, no facts here:

A cold snowy night is an unlikely (but not impossible) time for abduction by an outsider on a road trip. More likely someone familiar with the area.

This case is still as i said like the first few days i wrote on here forget all the crap about her classes and what she told her teachers ..she was upset ill give u that but about what dont matter because what happened happend so far away and no one new where she was going so no it wasnt her bf that followed her he is allready alibied out...if you see that road at night time like you do when in the video he shows u his hand when u turn the lights off its darker then dark its pitch black .she is in an accident .2nd one and drinking she is freaked by the bus drived because last thing she needs is her dad on her about drinking and driving ok.she tells him nope iam find dont call the police she starts walking up the road a lady sees her but keeps going the next car .One of too things happen it hits her by accadent and maybe they are drinking so they put her in the trunk and go and are freaking out what to do they settle on who knows what off a cliff or barry her but one problem she is still alive broken lags but alive so they take her to a barn a shack where she some how manages to use her phone card to try to make a call but is so delerious she cant speak...they come back she is now dead of eliments or by thier hand or woarse isnt dead and they put her /dump her to dispose of her.....and second scenario she just decides to get in as they pull over maybe they are having a beer too offer her one go somewhere they say is safe for the night they have thier fun and the next morning they catch her trying to use the phione and they dont take no more chances and again alive or dead they dispose of her. this is all fact,,mind you its based on my theory ..lol

This case is still as i said like the first few days i wrote on here forget all the crap about her classes and what she told her teachers ..she was upset ill give u that but about what dont matter because what happened happend so far away and no one new where she was going so no it wasnt her bf that followed her he is allready alibied out...if you see that road at night time like you do when in the video he shows u his hand when u turn the lights off its darker then dark its pitch black .she is in an accident .2nd one and drinking she is freaked by the bus drived because last thing she needs is her dad on her about drinking and driving ok.she tells him nope iam find dont call the police she starts walking up the road a lady sees her but keeps going the next car .One of too things happen it hits her by accadent and maybe they are drinking so they put her in the trunk and go and are freaking out what to do they settle on who knows what off a cliff or barry her but one problem she is still alive broken lags but alive so they take her to a barn a shack where she some how manages to use her phone card to try to make a
call but is so delerious she cant speak...they come back she is now dead of eliments or by thier hand or woarse isnt dead and they put her /dump her to dispose of her.....and second scenario she just decides to get in as they pull over maybe they are having a beer too offer her one go somewhere they say is safe for the night they have thier fun and the next morning they catch her trying to use the phione and they dont take no more chances and again alive
or dead they dispose of her. this is all fact,,mind you its based on my theory ..lol

Your first scenario is plausible, but I think it was much simpler. I doubt they kept her alive in a barn. They probably just left her at the scene. I can picture someone hitting her accidently with their car and because of the impact, she flew into the woods. They just drove off. The only thing that doesn't fit is that she was probably very alert during her run. Although, her problem may have been getting off the road and out of the way in time of a fast approaching vehicle. There were high snowbanks and as you know, it was pitch black too.

Came across this link posted today on the MM Missing Group on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/&h=d9df7

Thanks for this find!
When clicking the link you gave it directs to a blogspot:
http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

The blog is by James Renner, and Google brings up this Wikipedia info:
James Renner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On his blogspot page, James says, "Already, I have uncovered facts that have never been made public and clues that have yet to be shared. In the coming months, I will release this information here as I begin to organize it into a book."

Most interesting!!!

What's your gut say on this guy? Is it real info or just teasers for his upcoming book.

What's your gut say on this guy? Is it real info or just teasers for his upcoming book.

Gotta say, - teasers!

What more new info could be written about after the very impressive SOCO Magazine April article?

Link to SOCO:

http://issuu.com/soco/docs/april11?...ght/layout.xml&showFlipBtn=true&pageNumber=76

If that's not enough, there's the excellent series of articles in the South Shore Express that preceded the SOCO article.

Link to South Shore Express Series:
http://southshorexpress.com/extras/special-reports.html

I do not see mention of this book being made http://www.mauramurraymissing.com/

I really don't know too much about this case other than seeing the show Disappeared. My first impression is that Maura was planning on meeting someone at a hotel room and that is why she purchased so much alcohol. Based on what they showed that she bought at the liquor store it didn't strike me that she was buying all of that liquor just for herself. I was thinking she was going to meet a boyfriend or new male friend. I also don't understand why she would get so upset from having a wreck. Why would she be so upset over that unless she was scared to tell her father.

I emailed and heard back from the author of this upcoming book. He claims to have discovered the precise reason for Maura being so upset right before she took off and disappeared. He says it has nothing to do with the hit and run with Petrit Vasi, but I couldn't get him to divulge any further info. He did say that he has gone and interviewd a ton of folks pertinent to the case (to include Maura's Supervisor) so I guess we will see if and when he ever comes out with his findings.

Guys and gals, not but about 20 minutes after i posted here, I went back and looked at his blog and it has been updated with some good info, both about how he is approaching this case and also about Maura and the incident with her supervisor. He posted a picture of the melleville (sp) dorm that maura worked at as well.

I would say this guy is legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member