Nifong Disbarred - What next?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, he's spending more time in Jail than the murderer of Janet at this point. Gosh, I hope that changes soon.

Well, good deal here. It seems that progress is being made in Durham.

Hopefully the elections next year will be handled tactfully and that there will be no Nifonging of the elections next year.

Good Luck to Freda Black, it's going to be a long year until they get a full-time DA, but at least the acting DA is an ethical man.

Michael Nifong's booking photo:

image3261064g.jpg

A little different from the night we met him.

Nifong2.jpg

Praying for the people of Durham that they start to feel confidence in their
system of justice again. May truth in justice be their first priority.

So... I assume we have the interim DA now... what can we do to get things moving on this case? Quite frankly, I'm sick of the bird flying free. Any ideas??

with the incredibly high crime rate in durham, i would think that the interim d.a. has his hands full with new cases alone----------how can we bring janet's "old" murder to his attention ??

Three Lawyers Want Nifong's Old Job

Updated: 10/29/2007 12:51 PM

By: Associated Press

~snipped

Tracey Cline is chief assistant district attorney and Mitchell Garrell is assistant district attorney. Freda Black was an assistant prosecutor until she was dismissed by Nifong two years ago.

All three plan to run for Nifong's old job next year. Steve Monks, a lawyer who ran a write-in campaign against Nifong in 2006, say he may run if he's not elected to the City Council in the meantime.

Everything I have read about Mitch Garrell is good. I heard he is a very good prosecutor and has won some tough murder cases. Freda Black is also running and we all know her track record. She's tough as nails.

This will be an interesting race, especially since Tracey Cline worked so closely with Nifong.

http://durhamwonderland.blogspot.com/2007/10/candidate-clines-extraordinary.html

From Durham-in-Wonderland: "Cline agreed last week that attorneys have a duty to report unethical conduct among their colleagues."

She states she had no knowledge of what Nifong was doing...
“I didn’t have any personal information about what went on in the lacrosse case, other than what the media reported,” she said.

But wait...

Cline did help Ben Himan prepare the fraudulent nontestimonial order that got the case going. According to the Gottlieb deposition, he and Himan spoke to Cline, and then “the district attorney’s office thought it was a good idea to go ahead and do a Non-Testimonial.”

Nifong himself told Crystal Magnum that he was going to try the case with Tracey Cline.

At the Ethics hearing, Kendra Montgomery-Blinn testified that Cline implemented the “No-Drop” policy, in which the Durham DA’s office has adopted a policy of effectively abandoning even the fiction of prosecutorial discretion, but only on sexual assault cases.

I'm seeing a huge battle for this spot, in which Tracey Cline is already tainted.

What next? U.S. Bankruptcy Court, of course.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2307217/

Nifong lists David Evans, Collin Finnerty and Reade Seligmann, as well as three other members of Duke University's 2006 men's lacrosse team as unsecured creditors, each owed $30 million.

More 30 other lacrosse players from that team are also listed as creditors, each owed $1, as well as other people involved in the nearly yearlong investigation of rape, sexual assault and kidnapping claims by an exotic dancer.

Nifong lists his assets to include his house, car and personal belongings, valued to be at $243,898.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/duke_lacrosse/story/953530.html

Adminstrator: Nifong too rich for bankruptcy

Nifong's case, West said in his statement, should be "presumed to be an abuse" because his annual income would be higher than federal limits. The administrator's statement is not a ruling. But if West follows up with a motion to dismiss, and if a judge agrees, that could make it more difficult for Nifong to hide in bankruptcy court from the three exonerated lacrosse players who are suing him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares
Back