Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg why tf did NamUs get rid of rule outs though...
I haven't been on NamUs in a while, but they did some kind of upgrade and you couldn't see rule outs anymore unless you actually registered. Not sure if that's why you can't see them, but thought it was worth mentioning.

UPDATED: So a weird thing happened and I didn't see that other people had already mentioned this. lol Sorry for the redundancy!

Here are the ruleouts - like Kaylara Owl said - 29... looks like last time her profile was modified was May 8th
upload_2020-10-2_8-12-59.png
upload_2020-10-2_8-13-32.png

How is it that some names (such as Mary-Jo Lee Long) show up multiple times ? Were they ruled out through different methods, i.e DNA then dentals or fingerprints ?
I have no idea.....

How is it that some names (such as Mary-Jo Lee Long) show up multiple times ? Were they ruled out through different methods, i.e DNA then dentals or fingerprints ?
I read somewhere on WS that this was the case. I don’t remember where I saw it and have no clue if it’s accurate or not though.

"Blairstown Princess Doe" Unidentified girl murdered July 1982 Blairstown, NJ

BLAIRSTOWN NJ UNIDENTIFIED GIRL
DOB: Jan 1, 1968 (Approximation)
Found: Jul 15, 1982
Age at time of discovery: 14 (Approximation)
Age Now: 36
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Unknown
Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Found: BLAIRSTOWN, NJ, United States
NCMEC-Unidentified

Circumstances:
On July 15, 1982, the remains of a white female were found at the north end of Cedar Ridge Cemetery on State Hwy 94, in Warren Co., NJ. This homicide victim, between 14 and 18 years of age, is believed to have been deceased for up to one week before her discovery. Her hair was shoulder-length. Her weight was estimated between 100 to 120 lbs. Her eye color couldn't be determined.

Clothing and Accessories:
She was wearing a red V-neck shirt with yellow piping on the front portion of the shoulder and blue and black piping around the neck, sleeves and waist. She had a wrap around skirt colored red, white and blue with a border print of peacocks on the lower portion. She had a gold chain with white beads and a 14K gold cross with ornate design.

The image shown in the linked poster is a computer-assisted facial reconstruction done by forensic artists at the NCMEC. The "DOB" and "Age" fields are approximations.

At one time, a woman called NCMEC and said she was working at a local motel (near Blairstown) when the "Princess" checked in - about two nights before she was probably murdered. She did not recall the name, but did recall "Princess" was looking to be a hotel maid and said her father was dentist and that she was a runaway from FL. Dental charts of "Princess" were compared with those of Emma Vaughn, a missing girl from Orlando, Florida, but there was no match.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT--
Warren County Prosecutor's Office (New Jersey), Attn.: Sgt. Steve Speirs Jr. -1-908-475-6624

Link
NCMEC Redirection

I can't seem to find the picture of her on this link.

posterTitleUnidentified.png

Jane Doe 1982
NCMU1102461c1.jpg

Date Found: Jul 15, 1982
Location Found: Blairstown, NJ
Estimated Age: 15-20
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Estimated Height: 5'2"
Estimated Weight: 100 lbs

Extra Photos
NCMU1102461x2.jpg

NCMU1102461x1.jpg

An unidentified deceased female was found on July 15, 1982 in Warren County, New Jersey. Her body was found behind Cedar Ridge Cemetery on Highway 94 located in Blairstown. The female had been deceased for less than a week prior to being found. She is 15-20 years old. She was petite standing approximately 5’02” tall and weighing 110 pounds. Her left earlobe was doubled pierced but no earrings were found. It is unknown if the right ear was pierced or not.

The female had been treated by a dentist at one point in her life as a few dental fillings were observed in her teeth.

She was found wearing a red v-neck short sleeved shirt and a long red wrap around skirt that had peacocks pictured around the lower hem border. She was also wearing a gold chain necklace that had white beads along the chain and an ornate cross pendant. Images of the skirt and cross are featured above. Also featured is a facial reconstruction completed by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the female may have look like in life.

Warren County Prosecutor's Office (New Jersey) 1-908-689-3922

Wow - I never saw Cecile's profile. She does look like Princess Doe. I can ask the Blairstown Museum if they have ever considered her or if they know anything about a possible match if you would like?

I just heard back yesterday from the Blairstown Museum about the possible match between Princess Doe and Cecile.(sorry I forgot to post earlier)
Here is the response I got:
I'm not aware of any DNA testing between these two cases, but I will personally investigate these cases to see if there is a credible match. Thank you for the information.

I just heard back yesterday from the Blairstown Museum about the possible match between Princess Doe and Cecile.(sorry I forgot to post earlier)
Here is the response I got:
I'm not aware of any DNA testing between these two cases, but I will personally investigate these cases to see if there is a credible match. Thank you for the information.

That's wonderful news. I hope she gets identified someday, DDP should take on her case.
Someone has to know something, and maybe this person is still alive. Such a young girl had to have gone to school at some point, she has to have had teachers, her parents have been missing her somewhere, maybe she even had siblings whose children are now wondering where their aunt is. All Doe cases are tragic, but the ones with people my age or younger really hit home. It's terrifying enough to think someone wanted a 16-18 year-old girl dead, and it's even more terrifying to think about the sheer brutality of that crime and the fact no one seems to know her. I think this case will either be solved by DNA genealogy, or if one of her relatives ever gets arrested and their DNA processed through CODIS.

By the way, I stumbled upon sources mentioning the fact a psychic of some kind thought her name was Mary. Is there any information on this ? Is it known who provided that information ?

That's wonderful news. I hope she gets identified someday, DDP should take on her case.
Someone has to know something, and maybe this person is still alive. Such a young girl had to have gone to school at some point, she has to have had teachers, her parents have been missing her somewhere, maybe she even had siblings whose children are now wondering where their aunt is. All Doe cases are tragic, but the ones with people my age or younger really hit home. It's terrifying enough to think someone wanted a 16-18 year-old girl dead, and it's even more terrifying to think about the sheer brutality of that crime and the fact no one seems to know her. I think this case will either be solved by DNA genealogy, or if one of her relatives ever gets arrested and their DNA processed through CODIS.

By the way, I stumbled upon sources mentioning the fact a psychic of some kind thought her name was Mary. Is there any information on this ? Is it known who provided that information ?

Wow that is the first time that I heard about a psychic saying her name could be Mary.

I really wish DDP would take her case. I am friends with Carl K who is a volunteer for them and told him they need to take this case.
If I hear anything back from the Blairstown Museum about Cecile, I will definitely post!

Nevermind - Andria Ann Bailey was ID'd as a different Jane Doe.

"Unless this is completely new information, Andria Ann Bailey is still missing."

You are right. I was mistaking Andria for another girl who was just ID'd in Oregon.
I got the names mixed up in my head.

Andria has DNA in NamUs from what I read that was why I was thinking she couldn't be Princess.

The most questionable thing about Andria is the height to me. 5'2" and 5'5" are pretty different heights, and Princess Doe having been dead for one week at the most means her height and weight estimates were most likely faithful to the body type she had when she was alive. Also, the nose doesn't look like that of Princess, Andria's nose looks upturned while Princess Doe's nose looks hooked to me.

I thought about something regarding her nail polish. Guitarists did that a lot, putting nail polish on only one of their hands. Maybe Princess played guitar (in addition to being left handed) and this was a known fact to the people she was with ?

Also, the fact Blairstown was a pretty small town at the time made me think she might have been running from something or someone and used fake names because the person she was trying to hide from knew her actual name. Maybe it was her killer. And if that sex work theory is actually true, maybe it was her pimp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members