Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept thinking; "Why was she there?" Blairstown seems nice, if you are looking for a place to move a family, but there is not much going on there. Princess Doe was probably not local so what brought her to the area?
Those are good questions.

What about Poconos style summer camps? Summer camps are known to hire teenagers for activities directors, dorm monitors and assistant this or that type positions.

The more upscale summer camps that feature "rustic" family cottages with alot of creature comforts instead of dorms may also offer housekeeping services.

I imagine the more upscale the camp, the more varied the activities and the more need to hire people in various capacities. A plus for a potential semi runaway would be the camp also offering room and board in addition to wages.

If you zoom in, its definitely the body and not a mannequin at all.
For a body that had reportedly been quite decomposed, that's an incredibly recognisable pic :O. Would different body parts decompose with such difference?

Those are good questions.

What about Poconos style summer camps? Summer camps are known to hire teenagers for activities directors, dorm monitors and assistant this or that type positions.

The more upscale summer camps that feature "rustic" family cottages with alot of creature comforts instead of dorms may also offer housekeeping services.

I imagine the more upscale the camp, the more varied the activities and the more need to hire people in various capacities. A plus for a potential semi runaway would be the camp also offering room and board in addition to wages.

I don't know about summer camps in the area. I do know there is a "Mohican Outdoor Center " not ar away that does nature and outdoors type activities etc. I do not know if it was there in 82.

One more thought I had. There are several access points to the Appalachian Trail not to far away from the cemetery ( looks like about 5 miles). I know that nowadays and at some points along the AT you can come off the trail and there are folks you can call for a ride into town etc. Back in '82 of course there were no cell phones but I do believe that some folks would volunteer to assist hikers with rides etc. Not sure how they made the connection though. I wonder if she was hiking the trail? Maybe trying to do a solo hike and came off the trail at one of the points? Ran into the wrong person out there looking to give her a ride into town? Also, I know the first point brought up would be that she is not dressed to hike the trail but supposing she was taking a couple day break from her hike and had the opportunity to change into some "normal" clothes for a day? I am just thinking about scenarios here because the fact that she is in Blairstown is still strange to me. I wonder if any females matching her description were reported missing after having set off on the AT around the time she was found?

For a body that had reportedly been quite decomposed, that's an incredibly recognisable pic :O. Would different body parts decompose with such difference?

Yes, it's possible.

But that skirt doesn't even look like it's been out in the rain.

I think it was mostly her face that had been decomposing, and that the severe beating that she had been inflicted with would have rendered her facially unrecognizable either way. :(

I think it was mostly her face that had been decomposing, and that the severe beating that she had been inflicted with would have rendered her facially unrecognizable either way. :(
Yeah... I do know that her face would've been unrecognisable either way because of the trauma, but if that photo really is of the body, I'm still surprised at how... 'fresh' it looks. :(

Has Barbara Bruno ever been considered ? I don't see her in any of the rule-out lists. Barbara's face does look similar to Princess Doe's, but I couldn't find further information about the circumstances of her disappearance, only that her family last saw her in the state of New York in 1980 and she might have travelled to New York City (could explain a possible Long Island connection). Judging by how it is described, it seems she ran away. She would have been 20 in 1982.

The only big discrepancy is the weight : Barbara weighed 120 pounds and Princess Doe weighed about 100 pounds.

Barbara Ann Bruno – The Charley Project
3437DFNY - Barbara Ann Bruno

She's not in the rule-out lists and I think it's still worth submitting, but the circumstances make me doubt a possible match. Judging by how she went missing while walking to a friend's house, it looks like foul play was involved in her disappearance and she was murdered a short time after going missing. Princess Doe, on the other hand, has always been suspected to be some kind of transient or runaway.

Princess Doe
Digital images created from CT scans of skull to depict an estimation of the victim in life
Reconstructions created by the NCMEC as an estimation of Princess Doe in life.
Bornapprox. 1962–1968
StatusUnidentified for 39 years, 10 months and 19 days
Diedc. July 1982 (aged 14–20)
Cause of deathHomicide by beating
Resting placeCedar Ridge Cemetery, Blairstown, New Jersey, United States[1]
NationalityAmerican
Known forUnidentified victim of homicide
Height5 ft 2 in (1.57 m) - 5 ft 4 in (1.63 m) (approximate)
Websitewww.princessdoe.org

Last edited:
Princess Doe
Digital images created from CT scans of skull to depict an estimation of the victim in life
Reconstructions created by the NCMEC as an estimation of Princess Doe in life.
Bornapprox. 1962–1968
StatusUnidentified for 39 years, 10 months and 19 days
Diedc. July 1982 (aged 14–20)
Cause of deathHomicide by beating
Resting placeCedar Ridge Cemetery, Blairstown, New Jersey, United States[1]
NationalityAmerican
Known forUnidentified victim of homicide
Height5 ft 2 in (1.57 m) - 5 ft 4 in (1.63 m) (approximate)
Websitewww.princessdoe.org

In 1 month it will be 40 years since her body was found and she hasn’t been identified

Unidentified Female “Princess Doe”​

An unidentified deceased female was found on July 15, 1982in Warren County, New Jersey. Her body was found behind Cedar Ridge Cemetery on Highway 94 located in Blairstown. The female had been deceased for less than a week prior to being found. She is 15-20 years old. She was petite standing approximately 5’02” tall and weighing 110 pounds. Her left earlobe was doubled pierced but no earrings were found. It is unknown if the right ear was pierced or not. The female had been treated by a dentist at one point in her life as a few dental fillings were observed in her teeth. She was found wearing a red v-neck short sleeved shirt and a long red wrap around skirt that had peacocks pictured around the lower hem border. She was also wearing a gold chain necklace that had white beads along the chain and an ornate cross pendant. Images of the skirt and cross are featured above. Also featured is a facial reconstruction completed by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life.

Date Found: Jul 15, 1982
Location Found: Blairstown, NJ
Estimated Age: 15-20
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Estimated Height: 5'2"
Estimated Weight: 100 lbs
Princess Doe.

Princess Doe.

Princess Doe.