GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The overall article has nothing new but I thought this bit from one of the lawyers was interesting:

That conflicts with the little we have heard from LE (that he seemed to be placed where he was found) and makes me even more leery of trusting anything from the lawyers mouths at this point.

From http://6abc.com/news/aunt-questioned-amid-brendan-creato-death-mystery/1081518/

ABSOLUTELY LEERY! This lawyer has a LOT to say to the media, and may be taking advantage of LE's silence.

It really is Just a crying shame for this little boy! And it is a very strange case especially how both families have been sooo quite thru this entire thing. The mother in the beginning has one post saying how sad they are and only state's they don't know what occurred. I'm sorry but i would have been out in public and all over the news begging for help to find my sons killer. They would have had me in restraints going crazy to figure out what happened to my 3yr old beautiful son!!! All are just too calm. Very weird

They aren't quiet voluntarily in public, they are just lawyered up to salvage the investigation and justice, guaranteed. Notice that the aunt and grandparents of Brendan share one lawyer, while Daddy has his own and Daddy's 17 year old gf has her own.

It is true that details of the tox results have ONLY come from Daddy's lawyer. He's earning his paycheck! The only thing of note that I have heard LE sources reveal during this past month were that the boy didn't get to his final resting spot on his own...and actually, nothing else, I believe! Sounds like this case was headed to grand jury from the get-go, thus the secrecy, AND the legal representation of all parties. Haddon Twp is freaking out about it all overall, but if LE does have good evidence, it is a good route to justice for Brendan!

I do want to add something else as someone with local knowledge. Haddon Township has a very chip-chop town border...various neighborhoods cut into what people think are other town borders, and there are like 7 other townships who border this one. While Brendan lived and died in the central heart of HT (Westmont neighborhood), the police departments have a hardcore communication system in Camden County. This isn't Mayberry! They share resources and knowledge and at the Christmas parade, all the towns bring their firetrucks for the parade.

Just went back and read this entire thread from beginning to end. I am in tears. This situation is so unfair and tragic. I hope there is a break soon and Brendan and his family get the justice they deserve. RIP little angel :tears:

Hi everyone! This is my first post. Like others, this case has prompted me to create an account because I'm am a mother and just moved away from the area that child was living.

I have no idea what happened, but I don't believe it was the parents. If it was, then I hope they are convicted. If someone else was involved, I hope they're caught and the family gets closure.

That being said, I've read 4 of the 5 Missing 411 books and there are striking similarities between this case and many of the Missing persons cases written in those books. One point the author makes is that there are clusters of people who go missing from an area, but they happen decades apart and no connection is made. In 1957 a 3 year old girl went missing in Bellmawr (about 4 miles from Haddon Twp.) under unusual circumstances as well.

Has anyone heard of or read these books? I hope I'm not being irrelevant, but I had to ask. I pray the family gets the answers they deserve.

:welcome: :wagon: :welcome:

We have thread for the Missing 411 books over in The Parking Lot, come on over!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...issing-411-People-Vanishing-in-National-Parks

Apparently not, Lynnsey. :(

Hopefully there will be news soon, as the grand jury was (is?) active and there can't be that many witnesses. If the grandma's and dad's versions of dinner and chips don't match the stomach contents or time of death, then I'd think there would be an arrest for at least interfering with an investigation, since they can't find cause of death.

If this was revenge or a psycho act by someone who had a key and who knew Brendan would be there that night, then I guess it could take longer.

The fact that this went to the grand jury so fast is encouraging, though!

I, too, really thought there would be an arrest by now. Hopefully there will be one and this won't go cold.

Even if there is no arrest, something from LE would be helpful. I think about Brendan every day. I didn't know him or his family but this just hurts and I really wish we had some answers.

If I was daddy, gma, gpa, mommy, auntie, gf, coworkers - I'd be screaming for a polygraph. And singing the results to the media. Such as what mark klass said to do.

And yet no news of polys. I'm almost thinking of goodfellas/mafia/drug stuff. Horrible, revengeful, silencing stuff beyond an accidental home death. Sorry - just had to say it.

I'm anxious for new updates as well. I haven't found anything regarding suspects, but interestingly, I did find that the Dr. that penned a letter to the editor saying basically to "relax and trust the system" apparently had accused the ME of taking shortcuts with autopsies.

First article of Dr. Speth saying the ME in this case has history of shortcuts: http://www.phillyvoice.com/questions-linger-about-death-and-investigation/

Second article about Dr. Speth's "backtracking" his comments: http://www.phillyvoice.com/lawyer-questions-selective-disclosure-information-creato-case/

Just checking in to see if there are any more updates. Doesn't look that way.

Sigh. :(

Nothing since mid-November? I wonder what is happening. I sure hope the family has more information since the last media articles.. I can't imagine being them right now. You're in my thoughts, little Brendan!

http://www.phillyvoice.com/creato-death-investigation-beginning-feel-cool-case-50-days-later/

New information about a potential suspect for the mysterious man with a baby carriage, as well as an outline of more shadiness in finances and business dealings of the family and people related to them.

As a parent who lives in the area, I find the lack of comment to be quite frustrating; it would be good to know if we should be concerned about a homicidal stranger who preys on small children, or if the most likely solution is a suspect within the family or some sort of tragic accident (the latter, incidentally, I don't think is the case- it should be apparent whether Brendan walked there by the condition of his feet/socks/slippers, and the possibility that he covered that distance and then just happened to lay down and die seems pretty slim).

Omg...

Oddly, a man with an unexpected connection to Brendan Creato’s mother, Samantha Denoto, was wearing tan pants and a yellow sweater that day, according to a neighbor who did not want to be identified.

The man lives on South Park Boulevard -- less than a half a mile from where the boy’s body was discovered.
The man is Peter J. O’Connor, a prominent lawyer known for pushing the Mount Laurel decision requiring set-asides for affordable housing.
O'Connor is also Denoto’s boss, the founder of the Fair Share Housing Center in Cherry Hill.
He matches the general description of the man seen pushing the carriage, as well as having apparently worn clothing of the same description as the man.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/creato-death-investigation-beginning-feel-cool-case-50-days-later/

The entire Creato family – DJ, Sarah Jessica, and Lisa and David, Brendan’s grandparents – now live together in a home on Virginia Street in Westmont. DJ Creato, who was behind on rent, moved out of the apartment he shared with his son at the intersections of Cooper and Virginia streets, about two weeks after he called Haddon Township police at 6 a.m. to report Brendan missing.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...o__when__where__how_______up_in_the_air_.html

"...Brendan had slept on a couch next to the front door, while the boy's father slept in the bedroom. Emachah said that the Creato unit is on the second floor and that a person must initially enter a door on the first floor to get inside the building, which has seven units. Creato's mother lives a block from her son's apartment and had dropped Brendan off at the apartment sometime before 10 p.m. Monday, Emachah said. He said Creato, who went to sleep afterward, woke up around 6 a.m. for work and noticed Brendan was missing. He first called his mother, then 911, Emachah said. Emachah said that Brendan knew how to open the apartment door but had never done so while unsupervised."

In response to the quote above posted in October, here is more information about Emachah:

DJ works at his dad’s business, Creato Home Improvements, which has a showroom in Haddon Heights, a neighboring South Jersey town. PSE&G, a utility company, has threatened a service cutoff at the showroom. The home improvement company is also behind on rent payments. DJ’s teen-aged girlfriend, Julia “Julie” Spensky, has claimed that Firas Emachah, a Shamong resident facing theft by deception in two counties and a history of bankruptcy, acts as a silent partner in the Creato home improvement business. Emachah is facing charges in Hunterdon and Camden counties on charges he took money without doing contracted work at his defunct company, Dream House Windows, a West Berlin company where David Creato once worked. Emachah has also declared bankruptcy despite selling stock worth about $5 million in recent years. That stock windfall came from his role in Nixle, an alert system similar to the one sent out to Haddon Township residents on the morning of Oct. 13 when it seemed Brendan may have just wandered away and was missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back