NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a day or two after the murder here at my complex about three weeks ago...the management posted big flyers about the grand opening (late)of the pool and a party to celebrate it. Not a word about the murder. Maybe that is the standard reaction of apartment management everywhere...

Just a day or two after the murder here at my complex about three weeks ago...the management posted big flyers about the grand opening (late)of the pool and a party to celebrate it. Not a word about the murder. Maybe that is the standard reaction of apartment management everywhere...

Sadly, life has to go on for the rest of the residents, ya know? And the property management company has to do their job as well. Of course the PM company could have at least addressed the murder and any resident concerns separately from the events as well. They may just not really know how to handle it, they could have been advised by LE how to handle it, etc.

Sadly, life has to go on for the rest of the residents, ya know? And the property management company has to do their job as well. Of course the PM company could have at least addressed the murder and any resident concerns separately from the events as well. They may just not really know how to handle it, they could have been advised by LE how to handle it, etc.
Agree.
Mgmt. could have had LE leave flyers at the apts asking residents if they saw/heard anything unusual that day -- sounds (which were heard), someone lurking or looking around, etc., and for them to be alert and report to LE anything that they saw, etc., or anything that they may see, etc. LE can assure the residents that they think this may have been a targeted incident to assure the residents a bit, but there's nothing wrong with asking them to be vigilant, IMO. At least the residents would know that Mgmt. is concerned and cares, etc. JMO.

I don't necessarily think she could have been involved in something illegal. Just that are so many unknown factors. We know so little. Was it done by an amateur? Was it a professional hit? Was she a witness in some kind of case? Could she have known something or seen something that someone wanted to silence her for some unknown reason? Was it part of something bigger? Was she duped by someone she thought she knew? Or just your average sicko who targeted her for no other reason than she somehow crossed paths. I don't even have any thoughts on what it could be - all just random speculations. I do tend to think if LE felt the local community was at risk, they would have put out more info and press conferences and asked for more help from the community. But who knows - I can't get the case out of my head either - I keep checking back here.

Yes- I totally see what you are saying. All good random speculations. I do at least like to think that yes- LE would have warned the community more if they believe this was a random break-in attack.
I'm surprised there are still not any posters around for information or a reward offer. I wonder if the family has hired a PI to find out more. Just so much silence still. Awful, horrific ending to a beautiful life. No answers. I'm out of theories. Guess all I can do is keep praying she receives justice.

Just checking in. I cannot believe it remains silent as far as news. I still feel as if there has to be DNA in this case if it was an upfront, close and personal attack in a small apartment. I doubt we have gunshots, none were reported, and any other method I would imagine she fought back, even DNA under her fingernails, etc.

I hope we see justice for this accomplished young woman who seemed to have a very bright future.

Jmo.

Hopefully this is allowed. I wonder if Carolyn’s murder will be addressed. When the page opens, scroll down to the National Night Out. Plainsboro Township Police Department

Scroll down to next entry before that, they have a statement from Plainsboro police that they are still working on the case. (if I have the date correct!).

Hopefully this is allowed. I wonder if Carolyn’s murder will be addressed. When the page opens, scroll down to the National Night Out. Plainsboro Township Police Department
Ironically that's right next to Hunter's Glen as well. I'd be willing to bet they won't openly address it but it would be interesting to see what officers say if questioned. I'm going to plan on attending.

That is great you both plan to attend. I also don't think they will openly address it but will have to give some sort of answer once the question is asked. After all, they want to talk about safety and how can residents feel safe with an unsolved murder in broad daylight where no info has been released? Of course we all hope you don't get the standard 'no information can be given out since it is an ongoing investigation'. Fingers crossed you receive some helpful info.

Unfortunately I think that's exactly the response people are going to get. Some of the other local residents who have asked the Plainsboro Police about the murder have been told that it's out of their hands and now being handled by the County PD. I don't see them actually giving more information at an event that's supposed to be "safe and fun."

I was speaking with my neighbor who told me she spoke with someone who lives in Carolyn’s building and he told her Carolyn was brutally murdered. I don’t know if this is true or how he would know this, but I’ve been very upset since hearing this.

I was speaking with my neighbor who told me she spoke with someone who lives in Carolyn’s building and he told her Carolyn was brutally murdered. I don’t know if this is true or how he would know this, but I’ve been very upset since hearing this.

Hugs MissyMom. It may be true, it may be an exaggeration, or it may be a rumor based on hearsay. The truth is almost every murder could be described as brutal, unless the perp sedates the victim first. Especially since there seemed to be a struggle, there was likely some violence involved. Don't upset yourself trying to imagine what that really means. Prayers that there is an arrest soon!!!

Hugs MissyMom. It may be true, it may be an exaggeration, or it may be a rumor based on hearsay. The truth is almost every murder could be described as brutal, unless the perp sedates the victim first. Especially since there seemed to be a struggle, there was likely some violence involved. Don't upset yourself trying to imagine what that really means. Prayers that there is an arrest soon!!!

Thank you. I didn’t go into the details I was told because I am hoping it was just hearsay.

Agree that all murders are brutal.

OT, we have still no idea if the man murdered at my complex was random or targeted. His name has never even been released. Police had one brief meeting here after nearly three weeks, but only to say he was a resident but no real confirmation of anything else at all. They were asking for witnesses so apparently do not have much info. They think it was a car jacking but no real evidence. :(
Nothing in media since the first day.

I would hope that a murder inside an apartment, as Carolyn’s was, would leave much more behind.

I think the only thing I recall publicly from investigators was that "Carolyn's death was not an accident."

No leaks, nothing.

Middlesex County Medical Examiner ruled Carolyn’s manner of death a homicide. Authorities have not revealed whether they have a suspect of person of interest in mind.

“The woman’s death is being investigated by Detective Tim McMahon of the Plainsboro Police Department and Detective David Abromaitis of the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office,” police said in a press statement. “The investigation is active and is continuing. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective McMahon at 609-799-2333 ext. 1627, or Detective Abromaitis at 732-745-4436
.”

‘It was not an accident’: Young exec takes lunch break, never returns to work. Police find her mysteriously dead inside apartment

ETA: Since the first news broke, I think the last update was June 25 by County Prosecutor Andrew Carey stating that they were working directly with federal law enforcement agencies, which I find very cryptic.

I've long believed that Carolyn was the target of her assailant, and community is safe from random killer stalking the neighborhood.

I'd like to know which federal agencies involved here if different than the FBI.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member