NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I didn’t go into the details I was told because I am hoping it was just hearsay.

So they gave you details? How would they know that?

I guess just what was allegedly heard would indicate a brutal attack...

It would be nice to know more because I tend to think certain types of brutal attacks would be more likely to be personally motivated rather than a random act.

Did they say whether they were home or heard or noticed anything?

Jmo.

It would be nice to know more because I tend to think certain types of brutal attacks would be more likely to be personally motivated rather than a random act.

Jmo.
All along we have read that she was "drawn" home and attacked when she entered her apartment. That made me believe then, and still, that she was the sole target of this killer.

However, no way does that imply that those living in the complex should not be forewarned and provided with security, especially if that is not being revealed. As far as anyone knows, it could still have been random.

We may not be entitled to all the details, but certainly anyone living there and also in the surrounding neighborhood(s) is entitled to be informed as well as protected. IMO

All along we have read that she was "drawn" home and attacked when she entered her apartment. That made me believe then, and still, that she was the sole target of this killer.

However, no way does that imply that those living in the complex should not be forewarned and provided with security, especially if that is not being revealed. As far as anyone knows, it could still have been random.

We may not be entitled to all the details, but certainly anyone living there and also in the surrounding neighborhood(s) is entitled to be informed as well as protected. IMO

I totally agree, residents should have some reassurance or information.

Jmo.

Even if they suspect it's personal that isn't the same as being sure everyone else is safe. Saying there was a murder and that they want to talk about safety measures isn't giving away details it's providing information.

'Brutally attacked'.. I am thinking Carolyn probably put up a fight. Screams and moving furniture were heard..she was trying to protect herself. This is all just sickening really that LE can't give residents more info. There have been so many horrific murders in the news lately, I am actually taking a break from reading the news.. I am seriously wondering what the heck is happening in our world lately and it makes me very sad. :( Prayers the killer is arrested soon.

I receive emails from the Plainsboro Police Department. Today, I received the following email in regard to a tutor charged with sexual assault.

“Plainsboro tutor charged with aggravated sexual contact and endangering the welfare of a child. The investigation is active and is continuing. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Urie 609-799-2333 or Detective Infusino at 732-745-4340.”

What I find disturbing is the fact that I never received any type of communication from the Plainsboro police in regard to Carolyn’s murder. Why? Why has her murder remained so secretive?

Jmo.

As mentioned, a neighbor said she spoke with someone in Carolyn’s building. I have no idea who the person in Carolyn’s building spoke with or how he/she would have any details. It’s not unreasonable to think information could have been leaked. With that said, it’s more likely to be rumors.

It would make sense that someone who lives in the building would have a better idea of what happened. Just hearing authorities speaking about what was happening given how thin the walls are. And the police found her in the evening between 5 and 6 which is when most people would be home. Overall it is still mind boggling how quiet things have been about this case. And of course a Happy Hour announcement from the Leasing Agency for later tonight.

Was at the National Night Police at Morris Davison Park in Plainsboro, NJ. Two policemen addressed my questions about Carolyn. No specific details on the murder & whether it was solved. An announcement will be forthcoming shortly probably on NJ12. There were suspects. It was not random. There was no risk to the community. This was top priority for them. Neighbors were home at the time of the murder. When I mentioned that an article stated she was lured home, they said you can’t believe everything in the news. I would encourage other local residents to drop by. They have a table with a group of other community organizations in one section of the park. They’re serving ice cones.

Was at the National Night Police at Morris Davison Park in Plainsboro, NJ. Two policemen addressed my questions about Carolyn. No specific details on the murder & whether it was solved. An announcement will be forthcoming shortly probably on NJ12. There were suspects. It was not random. There was no risk to the community. This was top priority for them. Neighbors were home at the time of the murder. When I mentioned that an article stated she was lured home, they said you can’t believe everything in the news. I would encourage other local residents to drop by. They have a table with a group of other community organizations in one section of the park. They’re serving ice cones.
Wow Dab, thank you for the information. Just to clarify, did the police tell you it was not random? Also, in regard to an announcement forthcoming, did they say when? It sounds as though maybe they caught the person.

I think because they had suspects, & didn’t consider it random they didn’t see it as a threat to the community. It does sound as if it may be solved. They didn’t say when more information would be but it seemed as if it would be soon.

DAB- Wow! Thank you for posting what you found out. And we thought you would just get the standard 'ongoing investigation, can't comment'. I am so glad residents can be relieved the crime was not random and it sounds like they have or will soon make an arrest. Thank God. Justice for Carolyn hopefully soon. I wonder if they planned this event for when they did have final arrest info on Carolyn's murder, because they knew they could give more info now and in a way this puts the residents minds at ease finally it was not a random break-in and murder. Thanks again for updating.

DAB- Wow! Thank you for posting what you found out. And we thought you would just get the standard 'ongoing investigation, can't comment'. I am so glad residents can be relieved the crime was not random and it sounds like they have or will soon make an arrest. Thank God. Justice for Carolyn hopefully soon. I wonder if they planned this event for when they did have final arrest info on Carolyn's murder, because they knew they could give more info now and in a way this puts the residents minds at ease finally it was not a random break-in and murder. Thanks again for updating.

It’s a National Night Out being held all across the country.

Thanks for update @DAB

We know that the attack on Carolyn was not random.

We know that she did not typically go home for lunch. When she failed to return to work, co-workers contacted LE and requested a welfare check at which time Carolyn was found dead at her apartment.

Perhaps investigator did not like the phrase Carolyn "lured home" but CB must have altered her routine schedule for a reason. I don't believe she would have gone home if she believed she would be killed so in a sense I believe she was lured.

It sounds like Carolyn knew her attacker, and agreed to meet at her apartment.

Hopeful for justice for CB!

MOO

Ironically that's right next to Hunter's Glen as well. I'd be willing to bet they won't openly address it but it would be interesting to see what officers say if questioned. I'm going to plan on attending.

Glad you're going. Wondering what will be discussed...

Welcome to Websleuths,
Seahorse03 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members