NJ- Columbus Blue Jackets forward Johnny Gaudreau, 31, & brother, Matthew, 29, ret. pro. hockey player, hit & killed by DUI driver, 29/8/24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1725024065909.png
''CBS News Philadelphia reports the two brothers were riding their bicycles in Salem County, N.J., Thursday night when they were struck by a man driving a jeep. Local police also confirmed the crash.

“Police said the driver, 43-year-old Sean Higgins of Woodstown, N.J., attempted to pass a slower vehicle when he hit the Gaudreau brothers,” CBS Philadelphia said. “Higgins was detained under suspicion he was under the influence of alcohol and charged with two counts of death by auto.”

The Blue Jackets released a statement Friday morning saying the team is “shocked and devastated by this unimaginable tragedy.”

'The Gaudreau brothers were reportedly in town to celebrate their sister’s wedding, which was scheduled for Friday evening in Philadelphia, per People Magazine.'

''The Toronto Maple Leafs join the entire hockey community in mourning the sudden and tragic passing of Johnny Gaudreau and his brother, Matthew.

Our thoughts and heartfelt condolences go out to the Gaudreau family, their friends, the Columbus Blue Jackets and Calgary Flames…

— Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs) August 30, 2024''

The piece of was drunk.
If the driver of a car in front of me veers to the left I would assume there is something in the road ahead. No not this drunk ah . He speeds to pass on the right shoulder area.

I hate hate hate hate people who drink and think they ok to drive.
I hope he gets life without parole.

According to the police affidavit, the trooper who arrived on the scene detected a "strong odor of alcohol," and Higgins allegedly told the trooper he had consumed "five to six beers" before the crash. Higgins allegedly told investigators that he thought the driver of the SUV was trying to stop him from passing. Higgins told investigators that his consumption of alcohol contributed to his impatience and reckless driving, according to the criminal complaint
Im just glad he owned up to it. Hopefully he pleads guilty.

Punishments for DUI aren't severe enough IMO. You hear of drivers committing multiple DUIs and they're still on the road racking up another one (not saying the driver in this case has a history).

What thought process convinced this guy he was okay to get behind the wheel with 5 or 6 beers on board? Now a family has to bury both their sons, two wives are now widows, babies left to grow up without their father. Such an avoidable tragedy.

As an evening driver, although always sober, I almost crawl in our neighborhood because people do not weal light-reflecting clothes. This is a reminder for everyone, please, wear something that would reflect light in the night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn
Back