NJ NJ - Danielle Lopez, 37, went camping in Wharton State Forest, car found in Penn State Forest, 13 Apr 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just have to say that an experienced camper knows not to camp my yourself. Camping to some drug users mean "party". I've been through some of these national forests and it's kinda scary how many people are living in the woods and are doing serious drugs out there. More scared of the "campers" than I am of the bear and panthers.

Just have to say that an experienced camper knows not to camp my yourself. Camping to some drug users mean "party". I've been through some of these national forests and it's kinda scary how many people are living in the woods and are doing serious drugs out there. More scared of the "campers" than I am of the bear and panthers.
Agreed…and The Pines are no different. Our County has a large area of land in The Pines. My daughter and her friends used to frequently ride horses and quads/dirt bikes and go mudding, swimming, red-neck water skiing, etc. You NEVER went alone - whether for crime safety or even just in case of an injury or medical problem since cell phone coverage is extremely spotty at best. You also knew what areas to avoid after dark - or at all.

Don’t get me wrong - The Pines are a unique place (the only place like it in the World, from what I’ve been told) and have a haunting & captivating beauty with a history (and mythology!) to match.

After all…it IS HOME TO THE JERSEY DEVIL!!!

(As I post this on Friday the 13th! - just a little bit of off-beat humor in an otherwise heartbreaking case).

WHERE ARE YOU DANIELLE?!

Agreed…and The Pines are no different. Our County has a large area of land in The Pines. My daughter and her friends used to frequently ride horses and quads/dirt bikes and go mudding, swimming, red-neck water skiing, etc. You NEVER went alone - whether for crime safety or even just in case of an injury or medical problem since cell phone coverage is extremely spotty at best. You also knew what areas to avoid after dark - or at all.

Don’t get me wrong - The Pines are a unique place (the only place like it in the World, from what I’ve been told) and have a haunting & captivating beauty with a history (and mythology!) to match.

After all…it IS HOME TO THE JERSEY DEVIL!!!

(As I post this on Friday the 13th! - just a little bit of off-beat humor in an otherwise heartbreaking case).

WHERE ARE YOU DANIELLE?!
Learned that in Cub Scouts - in the 50s (yes, 50s) - called 'The Buddy System' - you and your buddy look out for each other. But DO NOT GO ALONE!

Seems like nobody's teaching that these days....

Last edited:

While they’ve interviewed several people in connection with the case, “there are no suspects at this time,” police said this week.

They also revealed this week that Lopez was seen on video captured by a motorist’s GoPro camera hours after the coffee purchase while she was walking along a dirt road in Penn State Forest in Woodland, several miles from the Wawa.

After that, her trail goes cold.

Quackenbush says she last spoke to her on the evening of April 12. Lopez said she was camping in the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest, which stretches across Burlington and Ocean counties. She said she was with her boyfriend. The couple had been together about seven years.

“She was camping with someone she trusted. She seemed content,”

She was with someone at the Wawa, her mother said. But, investigators have not told her the companion’s identity.

Police revealed this week that a couple spotted Lopez while driving on Lost Lane in Penn State Forest in Woodland in southern Burlington County around 6 p.m. on April 13. She was walking alone on the road. They spoke briefly to her before driving off, and then the couple spotted her car stuck in a large puddle, police said.

The interaction was captured on the couple’s GoPro video camera and they shared the footage with police.

There is a lot more in the linked article -- it's a long article.

I am so confused with this case. I live in Ocean County, NJ and I would NEVER go camping in the Pine Barrons.
Was she camping or was she homeless living in a tent? I have not found anything saying where her actual residence is. Suspect to me. This whole thing is very odd to me. So much missing information.

They also revealed this week that Lopez was seen on video captured by a motorist’s GoPro camera hours after the coffee purchase while she was walking along a dirt road in Penn State Forest in Woodland, several miles from the Wawa.

Family and police are hoping someone can provide crucial information that could solve the mystery and bring Lopez home.

Quackenbush described her daughter, one of her three children, as an outgoing and happy person.

“Danielle was very kind, always thinking of someone else. Loved her family,” she said. “She was bubbly, loved singing karaoke.”

Quackenbush says she last spoke to her on the evening of April 12. Lopez said she was camping in the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest, which stretches across Burlington and Ocean counties. She said she was with her boyfriend. The couple had been together about seven years.

Although a lot of the older WaWa's have been replaced with larger "gas station" WaWa's, the WaWa on Route 72 (by the Route 70 / 72 circle) is one of the older, small WaWa's with only one entrance/exit into the store so the surveillance image posted by the NJ State Police could only be from this one door. There is parking in front, on the right side and left front. To the right and behind the WaWa is a small open area, then lots and lots of woods. To the left is Woodland Discount Liquors and Billy Boy's Tavern. Going south on Route 72 there is also a gas station and a pizza place, then not much except for a few small businesses (mostly run out of homes) until you get to the New Lisbon Developmental Center (1.1 miles from the WaWa).

(From the State website: New Lisbon Developmental Center, founded in 1914, is located in New Lisbon, Burlington County on a 1,896-acre tract of land on the edge of the New Jersey Pinelands. It became a state training institution in 1916 and has provided a comprehensive system of care for women and men with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1977.)

I was out this way today and stopped in to get some lunch and, with it being a holiday weekend with good weather today there was a lot of activity with bikes (bicycles & motorcycles), canoes, kayaks, etc. It made me hopeful that with all of the people out there enjoying this beautiful area this weekend that someone might come across something. I just hope that a lot of people know about Danielle and will keep there eyes open just in case they notice something that could be important.

I'm not sure where on Lost Lane her car was found, but Lost Lane is a fairly long (dirt) road. I'll try to post some pictures later this evening, but I am headed out to the marina for a bit.
Thanks for checking that out.

While they’ve interviewed several people in connection with the case, “there are no suspects at this time,” police said this week.

“She was camping with someone she trusted. She seemed content,”

She was with someone at the Wawa, her mother said. But, investigators have not told her the companion’s identity.

Police revealed this week that a couple spotted Lopez while driving on Lost Lane in Penn State Forest in Woodland in southern Burlington County around 6 p.m. on April 13. She was walking alone on the road. They spoke briefly to her before driving off, and then the couple spotted her car stuck in a large puddle, police said.

The interaction was captured on the couple’s GoPro video camera and they shared the footage with police.

There is a lot more in the linked article -- it's a long article.
First mention of a boyfriend that I’ve read.

Wonder what her demeanor was like on the GoPro video.

What is the BF’s alibi?

First mention of a boyfriend that I’ve read.

Wonder what her demeanor was like on the GoPro video.

What is the BF’s alibi?
There is a Facebook page (Where is Danielle Lopez from NJ) with some troubling info about the boyfriend. Considering he was with her in the immediate time-frame of her disappearance yet there is virtually NO mention of him making any comments and/or attempts to find her is very disturbing.

My heart breaks for Danielle, her mom and those that love her. She sounds like she has a really sweet heart (I refuse to say HAD) from the way she cared for her dog(s), grandfather, mom & brothers. So sad that she had such crappy taste in a man and for whatever may have happened to her.

There is a Facebook page (Where is Danielle Lopez from NJ) with some troubling info about the boyfriend. Considering he was with her in the immediate time-frame of her disappearance yet there is virtually NO mention of him making any comments and/or attempts to find her is very disturbing.

My heart breaks for Danielle, her mom and those that love her. She sounds like she has a really sweet heart (I refuse to say HAD) from the way she cared for her dog(s), grandfather, mom & brothers. So sad that she had such crappy taste in a man and for whatever may have happened to her.
I don't think the boyfriend is involved, red herring, but i could be wrong there, trail for me went cold.

But forgot, WS gotta be MSM. Hindering for discussion, but i get it. i've learned so much since these posts. Trying to get traction on this case outside here.

Ashleigh Banfield interviews Danielle's mother

SEP 23, 2024
The nearly six-month search for Danielle Lopez remains an active police investigation, but has so far yielded few leads. The missing woman’s heartbroken mother Sue Quackenbush joins “Banfield” to discuss the value of a just-surfaced video that shows Lopez’s location the day she disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana
Back