NJ NJ - David Anderson, 31, New Hope, 2 Oct 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sure wish DA's and SM's threads were combined. It's kind of hard to compare the commonalities jumping back and forth.

I wonder about a criminal search on da, sm, AB. Anything in common?

ubm

From the article:

The detectives also believe the victims were targeted. All of the young men were popular, athletic and good students.

Who would commit this type of crime?

"The type of person that would be the opposite, not smart, someone not good in school, maybe doesn't have a job, not popular," Duarte said.

Good reading which gives insight into mysterious cases. Thanks for posting.

Maybe DA was targeted. The perp chose a night DA had been drinking so it would appear to be an accident. It was also misting that night.
He returned to J&P's for his umbrella.

Maybe SM was targeted. The perp chose a night when on SM routine walk home it would appear to be an accident - icy patches, a slip into the canal would appear to be an accident.

weather and drinking are common factors:

DA misting

SM icy patches

both had been drinking at J&P's

If targeted - why? motive?

Hey, Flutterflies...:seeya:

Maybe when your DS cracks open DA's case for his criminology class...

He will also crack open ALL the "young healthy men found in bodies of water" cases! :great::rocker:

Long shot, but... Just down the road from Lambertville, on rt 29 is the Mercer County Correctional Center. It houses those doing minimal time or those awaiting transfer to State Prisons. Wonder if there was anything amiss around that time? They do have a work release program as well.

Good thought...

Let's keep that in mind!

:thumb:

Wow. That is an interesting comment. Has anyone found the toxicology reports from Dave? Was he a known heroin user?

How does this person know that Dave was pushed?

What happens to BAC once a person is dead? Does it lower with time or remain the same?

My limited bio background leads me to think that once a person dies... The metabolism and digestion (and all organ function) stops... So the toxicology reports of alcohol (and other substances ?) would remain very close to what the readings would be at time of death...

JMO

Why was a man afraid of the water so close to it in the dark and rain?

Just to clarify, Dave Anderson died in July 2000 so the canal was obviously not frozen then.

Yes. That I know for sure! ;)

It seems there are a lot of his friends and even maybe family that don't believe that this man just drowned.

I was wondering if you knew anything more about that?

What else I would love to know is who was friends first? AB and DA, DA and SM? AB And SM?

How long were they friends? It looks like DA is from Ottsville, I wonder where AB is from originally. I see that SM grew up out of state so I wonder how long they all knew each other.

Found this. I will post it in the SM thread, too. There's an interesting comment about DA's death, something like "No one falls in that canal, except my friend Dave, and he was on heroin and was pushed." Obviously this is NOT FACT. But the only toxicology results we have are what was posted on the old DA remembrance page, stating high BAC. But whoever posted that may not have seen the report, was just told that? I don't know. Apparently this particular friend of his believes something different.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?379209-My-Friend-is-Missing.-Edit-Not-missing-anymore

Post #78 has me really perplexed. if i read it right it was made by the guy in mourning, who is friends with sarah and whos sister is best friends with (so imo someone in the know) close enough to the situation to be looking into flights here. is he talking about DA being pushed in while on heroin? it sure sounds like it. head shaking over here.

Post #78 has me really perplexed. if i read it right it was made by the guy in mourning, who is friends with sarah and whos sister is best friends with (so imo someone in the know) close enough to the situation to be looking into flights here. is he talking about DA being pushed in while on heroin? it sure sounds like it. head shaking over here.

That's exactly how I read it. The quote is "It has come up. This is the second time since 00', when my friend Dave fell in and he was high on heroin and was pushed. It's really not that dangerous. It may have been slippery due to conditions. That's my guess. Something had to have happened." (Meaning - I assume, "something had to have happened" to SM, as that thread is about Sarah, not Dave.)

Not a verified source or authority, so it is just a rumor. But exploring that angle...if he was high on herion, he might be easy to push (or pull) in the canal. But why and by whom? There are a few links here. Not just people and heavy drinking, but the suggestion of herion use (unverified, of course, but just to consider that angle since it was mentioned by someone who claims to have known DA well enough...) I've read some criticism about those close to SM and DA being tight lipped and quick to assume both are accidents. I don't think necessarily think the friends know something. I'm sure they would come forward and speak, if they did. However, maybe it's possible that there is an element of protection - not to cover up a crime, but to protect reputations and possible involvement in illegal drug use, particularly herion. Therefore, I would not be surprised if somebody, somewhere didn't want to talk out of fear of exposing their use or involvement with the herion circles.

While the D&R canal is bucolic and peaceful, this article caught my attention: "Trenton police seize three bricks of heroin after foot pursuit on D & R Canal"
http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2013/02/trenton_police_seize_three_bri.html

This happened about 20 minutes away from Lambertville. Now, I do not think it's related to DA (or SM) or any way at all, I'm just pointing out that herion dealers running the along the canal is not unusual. (Just want to make that clear.)

But also of note, one could easily walk, boat, or swim in the canal from either direction, to escape police, to hide from someone, to stalk someone, etc. DA died in the summer, btw.

Yes. That I know for sure! ;)

It seems there are a lot of his friends and even maybe family that don't believe that this man just drowned.

I was wondering if you knew anything more about that?

I wish I did know more, unfortunately I have only lived here for 2 years so I wasn't here then. Can't find very much online about DA other than what has already been mentioned on this forum.

I wish I did know more, unfortunately I have only lived here for 2 years so I wasn't here then. Can't find very much online about DA other than what has already been mentioned on this forum.

Thank you. I hope you will visit the Sarah thread because we have a lot of questions about her too now.

Our little wheels just keep on turning!!

Thanks for all your help!

From what I am reading more than a few people have wondered what happened to the Umbrella that he went back into the bar for.

Me too.

Has anyone been able to find David's obituary? I'm not having any luck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back