AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a lot of missing persons cases I've followed here, LE will often make a plea to landowners and residential homeowners to check their land/yards and all outbuildings/sheds, etc. This, to my knowledge, hasn't been requested.

Or at least it has not been made public for fear that the actor will return to remove evidence.

I don't know if it was never believed to be, as it seems LE found it and ruled it out. If it was never believed to be, there would be no need to even look for it. Not sure if everything else is the same. If there are security videos of the area showing cars coming and going (which there seems to be, as SUV is in video), where is the video of the red van? Does the van actually exists?
Yes, everything else is the same as far as I can tell. I have not seen any indication that they have changed the description. They are still looking for a red van with tinted windows and a sliding door.

LE has to thoroughly investigate all video surveillance. At no time did they ever say the SUV was involved. They did not "find" it, it was evidence that was turned into them. Someone got a hold of the video and they ran a story on it. It was not true that the video was released by authorities. It was turned into LE. They have to investigate every lead and tip thoroughly. It doesn't mean that every tip or lead is connected. They probably have hours of videos to investigate.

That article claiming that it was involved is what is confusing everybody, I think. They made several claims which were not verified and they never cited their source. Just because an image of a red SUV was leaked doesn't mean it's connected to the crime.

This is why it's so important to make sure that the information and the facts are verified.

Otherwise every image of a red van or SUV that we see can be assumed to be involved.

IMO

Last edited:
Yes, everything else is the same as far as I can tell. I have not seen any indication that they have changed the description. They are still looking for a red van with tinted windows and a sliding door.

LE has to thoroughly investigate all video surveillance. At no time did they ever say the SUV was involved. They did not "find" it, it was evidence that was turned into them. Someone got a hold of the video and they ran a story on it. It was not true that the video was released by authorities. It was turned into LE. They have to investigate every lead and tip thoroughly. It doesn't mean that every tip or lead is connected. They probably have hours of video to investigate.

That article claiming that it was involved is what is confusing everybody, I think. They made several claims which were not verified and they never cited their source. Just because an image of a red SUV was leaked doesn't mean it's connected to the crime.

This is why it's so important to make sure that the information and the facts are verified.

Otherwise every image of a red van or SUV that we see can be assumed to be involved.

IMO
They ruled out the red suv as being involved. See my upthread post referencing news update.

Oh, ok, then I guess they have joint custody. I don't know what she meant by official, then. I guess we would have to see the actual documents to know for sure. The important thing is that they did file.

I wonder if when the father found out about that he was angry and that's why he said he would "fight" for custody? Maybe he asked to visit with her and was denied? Imo

I'm not from NJ. But where I am there is legal and physical custody. I had sole legal, joint physical custody of my daughter.

Latest msm:
Amber Alert updates: FBI fields hundreds of tips as search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez continues
Amber Alert updates: FBI fields hundreds of tips as search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez continues
Updated 8:25 AM; Today 6:00 AM

“Nine days since 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavezwent missing from a New Jersey park, investigators said Tuesday they have received hundreds of tips in the ongoing search for the girl.”

Snip

“”There are no significant updates to report on the whereabouts of Dulce Maria Alavez at this time,” the prosecutor said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.”

—-

Man that sucks.

Where are you little Dulce?

To be counted as a stereotypical kidnapping, an incident first has to qualify under the NISMART definition of a nonfamily abduction and then meet the criteria for a stereotypical kidnapping.

Nonfamily abduction: (1) An episode in which a nonfamily perpetrator uses physical force or threats of bodily harm to take a child or uses physical force or threats of bodily harm without lawful authority or parental permission to detain
a child for a substantial period of time (at least 1 hour) in an isolated place, or (2) an episode in which a child who
is younger than 15 or mentally incompetent and, without lawful authority or parental permission, is taken or detained or voluntarily accompanies a nonfamily perpetrator who conceals the child’s whereabouts, demands a ransom, or expresses the intention to keep the child permanently.

Stereotypical kidnapping: A nonfamily abduction in which
a slight acquaintance or stranger moves a child (age 0–17) at least 20 feet or holds the child at least 1 hour, and in which one or more of the following circumstances occurs: The child is detained overnight, transported at least 50 miles, held for ransom, abducted with intent to keep the child permanently, or killed.

Stranger: A perpetrator whom the child or family does
not know or a perpetrator of unknown identity whom law enforcement investigators reasonably believe is a stranger.
Slight acquaintance: A nonfamily perpetrator whose name is unknown to the child or family prior to the abduction and whom the child or family did not know well enough to speak to or a recent acquaintance who the child or family have known for less than 6 months, or someone the family or child have known for longer than 6 months but have seen less than once a month.

https://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/249249.pdf

They ruled out the red suv as being involved. See my upthread post referencing news update.
Yes, isn't that what I've been saying all this time? I don't know why I am being misunderstood. Maybe I'm just tired and can't find the right words. I've posted several times that it was found to have no connection to the crime.

I never believed it was involved in the first place, which is what I have been trying to say since the last thread. It did not match the description that was given by LE. No tinted windows and no sliding door.

So, once again I will say that the story that was run about the SUV being involved was FALSE. LE never claimed it was involved. The article claimed that it was released by "authorities" yet they never provided evidence to back it up.

Why would they release a video before investigating it?

They did not "find" the video, it was turned into them. It was irresponsible to run a story claiming it was the abduction vehicle in the first place.

IMO

AMBER Alert: 30322
NCMEC: 1369063

UPDATE: The reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Dulce Maria Alvarez has increased to $30,000.
Click here to learn more.

This press release covers the AMBER ALERT disappearance of Dulce Maria Alvarez. Click here to view it.

This press release covers the AMBER ALERT disappearance of Dulce Maria Alvarez. Click here to view it.

This WEBSLEUTHS page covers the AMBER ALERT disappearance of Dulce Maria Alvarez. Click here to learn more.

Dulce Maria Alvarez has a National Center for Missing and Exploited Children AMBER ALERT poster. Click here to view it.

Dulce Maria Alvarez has a regular National Center for Missing and Exploited Children poster. Click here to view it.

Dulce Maria Alvarez has an FBI poster. The above image and information are courtesy of this profile. Click here to view it.

https://www.missingadultskids.com/find-dulce-maria-alvarez-still-missing/#.XYtrvcpOmhA

Depending on his status in the US, that could be a high mountain to climb. Unless he has any legal status in the US, how would he be asking courts for visitations? He also apparently had no interest in the child, not even believing her to be his. He'd have to prove first she is his biological child, and I don't think saying "she looks like me" would work.

The claim that father wanted custody suggests there could be other possibilities rather than a stranger abduction.
It would be very hard for father to get custody legally unless he has some sort of legal status in the US (which, granted, we don't really know about).
Well, the very first thing to do is to get a paternity test, the Court would order it. Then, if he really is the father, child support and custody/visitation would be worked on. I get that he lives in Mexico, but I don't see why he wouldn't be allowed to come to the US for short periods of time to see his daughter. Also, if the issue was resolved legally, Dulce would most likely be allowed to visit her father in Mexico.

I think joint custody is "unofficial" but officially her parents have custody. Children don't live with their mother, and mother neither works nor goes to school, so not even sure what her means of support are. So I don't think she would be awarded custody without having a job or other means of support. But her parents obviously let her to spend time with her children.
Her means of support might have came from her current boyfriend and father of the baby that she's pregnant with, he was probably working. Now that he's in ICE's custody, I'm not so sure how she's holding up. I hope her parents are taking care of her.

No, and if he was really serious about fighting for custody I would think he would establish paternity right away. That's all he needs to file, at least for visitation. Imo
My understanding is that, once he realised that Dulce was his daughter, he wanted to finish his education, and that's why he went to Mexico to attend University. It seems like he wanted to get things set legally but also wanted to get his life together first by finishing his education and maybe getting a job.

That's assuming he has any legal right to be in US, I presume. How would he file for visitation if he doesn't have a legal right to be in US?
What do you mean by "legal right"? People can and do visit the US everyday from all around the world. Dulce's father could simply enter the US to visit his daughter, spend a few days and go back to Mexico. Assuming he he's the father (which we don't know for sure, but I choose to take the mom's word for it), he still has the right to spend time with his child, even if he doesn't live in the same country. Lots of families live with that reality and, once kids get a bit older, they even visit the parent who is abroad. It happens.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the very first thing to do is to get a paternity test, the Court would order it. Then, if he really is the father, child support and custody/visitation would be worked on. I get that he lives in Mexico, but I don't see why he wouldn't be allowed to come to the US for short periods of time to see his daughter. Also, if the issue was resolved legally, Dulce would most likely be allowed to visit her father in Mexico.

Her means of support might have came from her current boyfriend and father of the baby that she's pregnant with, he was probably working. Now that he's in ICE's custody, I'm not so sure how she's holding up. I hope her parents are taking care of her.

My understanding is that, once he realised that Dulce was his daughter, he wanted to finish his education, and that's why he went to Mexico to attend University. It seems like he wanted to get things set legally but also wanted to get his life together first by finishing his education and maybe getting a job.

What do you mean by "legal right"? People can and do visit the US everyday from all around the world. Dulce's father could simply enter the US to visit his daughter, spend a few days and go back to Mexico. Assuming he he's the father (which we don't know for sure, but I choose to take the mom's word for it), he still has the right to spend time with his child, even if he doesn't live in the same country. Lots of families live with that reality and, once kids get a bit older, they even visit the parent who is abroad. It happens.

Don't go there, we don't know how old he is. From the picture I saw, he doesn't look much older than Dulce's mother, they were most likely the same age or around the same age.

There are a lot of children who have parents who live in other countries and never get to see them unless they make the trip into that country. It’s not that easy to just pop into the USA for a few days if you aren’t a citizen. Even if you have children here. It’s harder in certain countries.

My husband’s cousin has applied for a visa 3 times just so he can visit for a week. He’s been denied all 3 times. And the American family are the ones footing the bill each time he applies. He’s in Nicaragua.

I remember this story when her father was denied access to USA for her funeral because he didn’t have strong ties to his community. If Dulce’s father no longer had a visa the USA could deny him a new visa for fear that he wouldn’t go back because he would want to stay with his daughter.

Slain girl’s father denied visa to attend her funeral

Don't go there, we don't know how old he is. From the picture I saw, he doesn't look much older than Dulce's mother, they were most likely the same age or around the same age.

The boyfriend isn't in custody now.

FWIW
Mexico has a kidnapping problem. And it’s getting worse.

Mexico International Parental Child Abduction Information
Travel Advisory

April 9, 2019

Mexico - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution

K C
Exercise increased caution in Mexico due to crime and kidnapping. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery, is widespread.

The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in many areas of Mexico as travel by U.S. government employees to these areas is prohibited or significantly restricted."

This Is How You Kidnap a Child: An American History

My understanding is that Dulce was raised by her grandparents. The fact that the father is interested in custody complicates the investigation, but it does look like a random abduction.

"While Dulce and Manuel live in the family house, Alavez Perez lives in a room in a nearby house. She said she and her mother fought. “My mom kicked me out,” she said. “I was angry so much and not helping out. But because I had Dulce when I was 14, my parents loved her like she was their daughter and took official custody of her. I’m OK with it.” She said she neither works nor is in school.

Dulce’s father, she said, is from Mexico and, after being with Alavez Perez in New Jersey for a while, returned there to study at a university in Sinaloa. “He’s finishing his studies so he could give a better life to my daughter,” she said.

Alavez Perez said she had trouble with drugs and alcohol and had fallen into depression in the past. But, she added, those negatives are no longer factors."​

Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in Bridgeton park grieves and waits

Folks, keep in mind, most of what you know (or think you know) is from MSM which is frequently inaccurate. At best, you only know 1/4 of what LE and the FBI do. This is pretty common. I have been working on a missing child case for over 30 years and quite a few years on a missing PA District Attorney. I am always amazed at what I dig up in files that was known at the time, but never followed up on or was repressed for various reasons. Sometimes LE just messes up due to political tampering or just inexperience with a particular scenario. Glad the FBI is helping. I have worked with them twice. They don't generally tip their hand on what they know.

My understanding is that Dulce was raised by her grandparents. The fact that the father is interested in custody complicates the investigation, but it does look like a random abduction.

"While Dulce and Manuel live in the family house, Alavez Perez lives in a room in a nearby house. She said she and her mother fought. “My mom kicked me out,” she said. “I was angry so much and not helping out. But because I had Dulce when I was 14, my parents loved her like she was their daughter and took official custody of her. I’m OK with it.” She said she neither works nor is in school.

Dulce’s father, she said, is from Mexico and, after being with Alavez Perez in New Jersey for a while, returned there to study at a university in Sinaloa. “He’s finishing his studies so he could give a better life to my daughter,” she said.

Alavez Perez said she had trouble with drugs and alcohol and had fallen into depression in the past. But, she added, those negatives are no longer factors."​

Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in Bridgeton park grieves and waits

Otto, something about that whole scenario really bugs me...can't put my finger on it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38