AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really depends on who's dogs. If it was NJ K9 SAR, I would bet my life on them. Not sure about anyone else.

Keep in mind that police dogs are NOT SAR dogs in most cases.

Really depends on who's dogs. If it was NJ K9 SAR, I would bet my life on them. Not sure about anyone else.

Keep in mind that police dogs are NOT SAR dogs in most cases.
What is the difference between SAR dogs and regular scent dogs? (Not cadaver dogs)
A higher level of training?
I would think they would use the most experienced dogs, considering the FBI is involved.

What is the difference between SAR dogs and regular scent dogs? (Not cadaver dogs)
A higher level of training?
I would think they would use the most experienced dogs, considering the FBI is involved.

Police dogs are generally "bite dogs", drug dogs or explosives dogs. In some rare cases they are SAR dogs.
SAR dogs fall into two groups. Ground Scent and Air Scent. Bloodhounds are Ground Scent. Most other breeds are Air Scent. Cadaver dogs are in another smaller group in that they are trained to detect the gases produced by a decaying body. A scent liquid that simulates a rotting body is used to train them. Some dogs are crossovers, meaning trained in more than one skill. Air scent dogs detect the scent as it is carried on the air. Ground scent dogs vacuum up skin cells left on the ground and compare them to the scent article from the subject that was provided to them. It gets a bit more complex than that, but I hope this gives you an idea.

Police dogs are generally "bite dogs", drug dogs or explosives dogs. In some rare cases they are SAR dogs.
SAR dogs fall into two groups. Ground Scent and Air Scent. Bloodhounds are Ground Scent. Most other breeds are Air Scent. Cadaver dogs are in another smaller group in that they are trained to detect the gases produced by a decaying body. A scent liquid that simulates a rotting body is used to train them. Some dogs are crossovers, meaning trained in more than one skill. Air scent dogs detect the scent as it is carried on the air. Ground scent dogs vacuum up skin cells left on the ground and compare them to the scent article from the subject that was provided to them. It gets a bit more complex than that, but I hope this gives you an idea.
Yes it does, thanks! I've heard some amazing stories about scent dogs, but also cases where cadaver dogs missed a scent where a body was found later.
I wonder if they lost the scent in the area they think the van was.

When a dog loses a scent, it is generally because the victim was put in a vehicle or in some way contained so that a scent or skin cells were no longer produced. Sometimes it can be due to a lot of vehicle exhaust or that the area has been so inundated by other peoples scents, chemicals, etc, that the dog gets a little confused. Little known fact, SAR dogs can suffer from a type of PSTD if they don't find the victim after an exhaustive search.

Edited to add that I was once a "subject" for a K9 team to search for. I had them running all over because I wore moccasins and sprayed them with fox urine. That drove the dogs nuts for a while, but the air scent dogs eventually found me. :)

Hello everyone!

I hadn't even realized, until now, how long it has been since I had been on WS or to read any updates on Dulce's abduction.

I do have the FNN app who first alerted me about her case which caused me to aware of her tragic circumstances in the first place, and knew she would have her own forum here most likely.
:(

So I already felt this sweet baby girl had not been located, either way, but I had to come make sure.

It certainly shows when all LE agencies everywhere say the hardest cases out of all others to solve.... are when there isn't any familiar link between the victims, and their offenders whatsoever.

I felt early on this would turnout be another one of those countless cases.

It has always bothered me greatly for many years now that we have so many missing minors, where they are never found dead or alive, including never finding the actual offenders either.

So countless cases remain unsolved today concerning missing minor children, even years or decades later, often due to the same very reasons in Dulce's case.

LE consistently has said the easiest cases to solve is when there are some kind of evidential linkage between the victims, both children, and adult victims, and the suspects, which only makes logical sense to me at least.

Imo it makes the known widely acceptable statistics relied on... highly flawed in this area.

No matter what those stats may or may not show, IMO, there are way more stranger kidnappings, and homicides being done to victims than any of us would like to think. Way..way more, imo.

I will try to return more often checking on precious Dulce's case, along with other cases I had been closely following before taken a much needed break.

Thanks everyone for providing all of the latest links provided.

I wish one had been about Dulce being found safe, and alive, but like always I'm still praying for the very best outcome for her, and her family/community including all of us.

Take care.

Ocean

Jmhoo

Expounding on the idea or mention that father has a “right” to see Dulce.
If his name is not on the birth certificate he is not recognized as the father.

Now, whatever happened with her parents and custody would be interesting. If it was through legal channels or not. I would imagine if legal then some discussion about the father would have happened.
If not legal custody a quite interesting case for back child support ?

Interesting that Dulce's abduction has really captured attention.imo.
Child kidnappings that captured our attention | In the Dark | APM Reports
by Madeleine Baran and Jennifer Vogel
October 4, 2016
"They don't happen often, but when they do, child abductions by strangers can capture Americans' attention like few other crimes. A look at notorious kidnappings over the past century and a half shows how attitudes have changed."

The stereotypical kidnapping of a child by a stranger is vanishingly rare, accounting for less than 1 percent of all missing child cases. When the crimes do happen, they make an impact, tapping into some of the public's greatest fears and insecurities.

They also reveal society's prejudices. The cases that rise to prominence tend to involve white children, often from wealthy families, although the FBI estimates that more than a third of missing kids are black. The imbalance in attention is so pronounced that in 2008 a former police officer and her sister-in-law launched a foundation called Black & Missing.

High-profile abductions also, to some degree, trace social mores. In the 1950s, for example, the motivations largely shifted from the collection of ransom money to the satisfaction of sexual desires. Cases of pedophilia existed previously, of course, but society may have been too prim to acknowledge or publicize them before the liberating 1960s."

This may not be the best place for it, but it seems like there’s something to research about ages 4-5 being especially dangerous for little girls. So many cases lately fall into this age group.

Tragically for our society, and all children it is not gender specific.

Little innocent boys have also been targeted to be kidnapped, raped, and murdered by their own pedophile predators. Both genders are at great risk whether the predator is a male or a female.

I do realize even though dont have a clue why, female victims are the ones who receive the most attention nationwide, along with the national MSM.

In fact iirc more little boys are grossly abused winding up murdered by one or both of their parents or a bio parent, often the bio mom or the bio mom coconspiring with another abuser.

I just think it does us such a great injustice to only dwell on one gender of the child instead of both who were equally innocent, and precious. Imoo, it mistakenly I'm sure, devalues the lives of our precious little boys.

Just like I see it often implied that more females are murdered every year, when in truth, they are the least likely gender to be murdered by any offender period, whether it is by a male or female murderer doing it, which both genders do.

Just saying....

Jmhoo of course.

Even though these cases are "rare", 100 children per year is still far too many, for the children and for the families. 100 children is statistically rare, but still way too prevalent in general.

Interesting that Dulce's abduction has really captured attention.imo.
Child kidnappings that captured our attention | In the Dark | APM Reports
by Madeleine Baran and Jennifer Vogel
October 4, 2016
"They don't happen often, but when they do, child abductions by strangers can capture Americans' attention like few other crimes. A look at notorious kidnappings over the past century and a half shows how attitudes have changed."

The stereotypical kidnapping of a child by a stranger is vanishingly rare, accounting for less than 1 percent of all missing child cases. When the crimes do happen, they make an impact, tapping into some of the public's greatest fears and insecurities.

They also reveal society's prejudices. The cases that rise to prominence tend to involve white children, often from wealthy families, although the FBI estimates that more than a third of missing kids are black. The imbalance in attention is so pronounced that in 2008 a former police officer and her sister-in-law launched a foundation called Black & Missing.

High-profile abductions also, to some degree, trace social mores. In the 1950s, for example, the motivations largely shifted from the collection of ransom money to the satisfaction of sexual desires. Cases of pedophilia existed previously, of course, but society may have been too prim to acknowledge or publicize them before the liberating 1960s."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho